The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Finally after years on this site happy to be a C-Dory owner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Finally after years on this site happy to be a C-Dory owner Reply with quote

Purchased Will-C from Dave Deem and his wife Ginny. Great people to have made friends with, first trip there ,we were invited into home and left with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Dave was kind enough to tow my 2008 Montauk to Marcs at Weffings to trade in on Daves boat ,which was already signed over to Marc Grove. Marc worked with me to find a deal we both were satisfied with. Weffings were a big help with all the transactions. Yesterday picked up boat which was still at Daves house,he took the time to take myself and my nephew out on the Delaware,to get familiar with boat. Daves a very knowledgeable boat owner,and fabricator ,and experienced with maintenance. Lots of extras that he has installed over the years. Now I will be on the learning curve of using electronics,auto pilot ,radar ,windless ect. Look forward to attending C-Dory gatherings. This season keeping boat in a slip on Cayuga Finger Lakes, planning an Erie canal trip over to Seneca Lake,also Lake Erie . Larry and Joanne.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Larry!

Dave has been a regular here for a long time, hard to imagine C-Brats without "The Heartbeat of America"!

Marc is just aces in our book, glad everything worked out for you guys! It is a long ways from PA to the Upper Left Coast, but maybe one day we will see you out here?

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. You got a great boat from a great couple of mariners! I suspect that DD will still be around--even with his next adventures on the Ranger 27.

Welcome aboard!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, congratulations! I think you got a great boat.
mccml

City/Region: Montoursville, PA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Crystal Sea
Photos: Crystal C
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

Congratulations on your boat. We have hung out on Lake Cayuga and the Erie Canal each summer for the past 9 years. We launch at Treeman Marina in Ithaca where we leave our truck and trailer. Maybe we will meet sometime this summer.

Mark and Carol
(Crystal Sea)
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Larry. You certainly have gotten a great boat. Enjoy!

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Larry Patrick

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for the warm welcomes ,Pat ,Bob,Wandering Sagebrush ,Mccml ,Marty and Mark and Carol. Pat we got our truck camper in 2011 with plans on someday towing boat around ,definitly plan on visiting west coast. Hope to meet in future. Mark and Carol visit us,we will be in a slip 78 this season at Threman marina,hope we bump into each other.
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and welcome! Perfect time of year, too - you must be super jazzed Very Happy

I tow with a small Class C (formerly a Class B/campervan), so I always notice folks with campers towing boats Thumbs Up

I found myself getting a little freaked out at the possibility of accidentally dunking my whole "house" at the launch ramp (I mean, if would be bad enough with a pickup truck, but the whole camper?! Shocked), so I quickly exchanged my set of hard plastic yellow wheel chocks for a set of big, heavy black rubber ones. They feel much less likely to slip or cause a problem (although I store them in an outside compartment as the strong rubber smell is annoying).

Maybe we'll see each other on the road/water one of these days Thumbs Up

Here's to the best spring/summer ever Beer
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry and Joanne,

Welcome and congratulations. Your "new to you" looks great, and Dave has been a frequent and valued contributor here. I'm sure you will enjoy the C-Dory experience. At pat said, ti a bit of a ways to the PNW, but this upper left side has some great cruising. Looking forward to crossing wakes at some point, here or there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Larry Patrick

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunbeam I am all amped up,after the test ride the other day,loved the boat.What a difference having comfort of a cabin and not roasting in the sun . Think it was around 85 degrees,but cool and pleasant inside ,with front window open and 2 side windows nice air flow. The ramp we launched at on Delaware was kinda steep and slippery,even trying to power back on boat wanted to slide back. With the truck camper,will probably unload camper and then launch,but do have a front receiver also and 4 wheel drive,guess depending on what ramp conditions are. When camper is off truck there is a 4ft extension because of size of camper ,to reach far enough back to tow. Can use 4ft extension and be far away from water or just remove and use regular size tow hitch.,Hope to meet you one of these days. Hardee thanks for good words about boat,we want to make it up your way for sure ,hope to meet you. I love to fish,also interested in crabbing and shrimping. Sure can dream of going to a lot of places now.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Patrick wrote:
The ramp we launched at on Delaware was kinda steep and slippery,even trying to power back on boat wanted to slide back.

What ramp were you at on the Delaware? I ask because I once dropped our boat off a roller trailer on the steep Burlington County ramp. The embarrassment was worse than the fiberglass repair (well almost).
Larry Patrick

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty it was Neshashimmy State Park near Croydon. I believe Dave said there was a 10ft difference in high and low tide. There was about 3ft of slippery ramp exposed before water. I think mistakes can happen to anyone. On my last boat,I heard of people putting gas in rod holders,thought ,how can they make that mistake. At a busy marina ,let my nephew gas up while I was getting startron,caught him after a few seconds. When cap is off both holes look same. He is 45yrs old not a newbie to construction equipment ,back hoes ,excavators ,front end loaders ect. I learned lesson .I will only be gassing boat.
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:
I ask because I once dropped our boat off a roller trailer on the steep Burlington County ramp.

Marty, I had a roller trailer once for my Campion - once was enough! Much prefer a properly fitted bunk - not only for launching and retrieving but for more even hull support. Also found that rollers get a flat spot if the boat sits on the trailer too long. As Boris would say - nuff said!

Larry, congrats on the purchase of a great boat. Haven't met either of them but I believe both Dave and Marc are stand up guys. If you get up to the east end of Lake Erie give me a shout. I am in Port Dover.

Regards, Rob

Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Larry and Joanne! That is a great start to c-boating!

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Larry Patrick

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob,and Greg. Rob do you fish near Erie? Last year we camped on Lake Erie Lampne Marina,made friends with couple next to us. They took us out fishing great time,catching nice size perch. After im more familiar to this boat. Plan on taking it up there,was thinking of overnighting in misery cove or around there,which looks protected its near Coast Guard station. Called Coast Guard but,they cant tell you ,guess its standard procedure not to give permission they said call DCNR. Lampne Marina has no transient dockage ,would prefer to find a marina in area to stay from 3nights to a week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: