The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1982 27 Xlong Cabin, $30,000, Healy, AK

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevedenton

City/Region: Healy
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Marmian
Photos: Marmian
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: 1982 27 Xlong Cabin, $30,000, Healy, AK Reply with quote

Boat outfitted for hand trolling but currently used for recreation. Low hours, excellent condition. Dickinson oil stove, new GPS and sounder, 2 holds, 80 gallon fuel, 23 gallon fresh water, dual station hydraulic steering. 9.9 hp 4 stroke kicker. EZ Loader Trailer.
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: 27' CD Reply with quote

Steve,

It is good to see another early 27' CD surface and for sale.

What kind of power does it have. Trailer included.?? Does it have a head??? Other equipment included????

Just for my info where did it come from before you purchased it??

Good luck with your sale.

Jack

HIGH TIDE-II; 2005 26' ProAngler; 2003 200 Honda / 2009 9.9 Honda high thrust
No. CD026021I405; AK-5008-AK
MSSI No. 338143486(cancelled)

HIGH TIDE; 1983 Angler Classic 22'; 90 Honda/ 9.9 Tohatsu-sold 2009 to son Dan (flatfishfool)
Stolen & stripped in Aug. 18
Bare hull & trailer sold in Nov.
stevedenton

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to Jack Reply with quote

Good Day Jack,
Thanks for the inquiry and please feel free to pass any of the information on to others who might be interested. Its been hard to get the point where I realize I need to sell and now that I am here, I want it done.

The boat started as a commercial hand troller in Petersburg. I bought it in 1989 when I was in Ketchikan, it is my second C-Dory, the first was a 22' sold to start a business. My business took off and it was hard to find time for boating, so I only put about 200 hours on the boat between 1989 and 1996, when grandkids and the demise of the logging industry pushed me north to Healy, which is just about as far from water fit for that boat as one could get. I made an attempt to get back into boating in 2003 with a trip Prince William Sound, otherwise it has been in storage under a custom made tarp. My original plan had been to return to Ketchikan when I retired so wanted to keep the boat in the best shape I could. Now I am retired and life is moving us in another direction, not very well suited to this boat. Bottom line, its time to let go of the dream and the boat is old in years but only a few years of heavy use, so it is in really good shape.

Quite a few modifications by me and the previous owner to make it a boat you can be comfortable on in nasty weather and long cruises:
*Main engine; 1988 Yamaha 175 h.p. outboard, 2 stroke, oil injected.
*Kicker: 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke. (linked to steer from main)
*Cabin amenities: Marine head, Dickinson Bristol oil stove (sits where locker is shown on floor plan), 23 gallon fresh water, 7 gallon stove oil, dinette folds to double berth, old VHF, near new (used once in 2003 trip) GPS with blue chart, near new side scanning sounder, heavy foam padding in V-Berth insulated sides/roof (not OEM).
*Deck: self bailing deck, 2 fish holds (one with oversize hatch), 2 x 40 gallon fuel, custom heavy stainless railing, 2nd hydraulic steering station on rear of cabin, starboard side.
*Gear; Aluminum 20' trolling poles and super structure, roll stabilizers, 2 hand gurdys.
*EZ Loader trailer, galvanized, good shape.
* Custom winter storage cover by Alaska Tent and Tarp.

I'll try posting attaching some photos, but last time I tried it did not work so if there are none. I'll send some by email in a little bit.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a lot of boat. The pictures would really be nice. There are not many 27's in the fleet so it's kind of cool to hear of another one. Wish you the best on the sale.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

stevedenton

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks Pat Reply with quote

I'll try again here.
No luck, will see about setting up a photo album, just seems like I should be able to download from my computer. Might take a while for this techno peasant to figure it out.
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
C-Dory Year: 1991
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

An album of photo's of Steve's boat is here: http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Steve-Dentons-27&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Here is an overall view:

I am doing this as a favor to Steve, contact him about the sale.

A C-Brat since Nov 1, 2003
Ranger Tug 27 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2017 - 2022
Puget Trawler 37 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2006-2017
1991 22' Cruiser, 'Nancy H'--1991-2006
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat boat and should be a great one for somebody! The bracket-less version of Starcraft Tom's boat.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool boat. Larry, thanks for the link to the pix.

Anyone have a clue what this boat would weigh? Tom, have you scaled yours or know it's weight?

Just dreaming Very Happy

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

stevedenton

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks Larry Reply with quote

Thanks much Larry for posting the pictures.

As to weight, I have a inquiry into the factory, will post the answer when I get it.
stevedenton

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Listing Update Reply with quote

Photo album is set up now:

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Marmian&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Thanks again Larry for your help, I added a picture showing one of the reasons I'm partial to the older C-Dorys. In Southeast Alaska there are many bays with long shallow tide flats, most with a decent sized creek running into them. I would run up to the head of the bay, maybe even into the stream, find a place with a flat bottom and anchor up. When I went dry, it just meant the boat did not rock when you walked around and it sure saved a lot of walking and rowing the dingy. Below is the link, I just can't make the image insert into the message work, even with the detailed instructions from PAT A, thanks for trying.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Marmian&id=1993_beached_on_hunting_trip&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

If someone wants to contact through Friday, May 15, I will be traveling and my cell 907-322-5972 or email dcandm@mtaonline would be best.
stevedenton

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Marmian&id=1993_beached_on_hunting_trip&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php[/img]

Still doesn't work, UNCLE.
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1989 (great photo):

1993, beached:

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they every made two of these alike. Same hull but the lay out is a little different. The motor mount and the placement of the fuel tanks. Would like to see the hatch covers and the inside of the holds. The cabin is the same but i have a closet where he has a stove.

This would make a great cruiser / fishing boat. What is the performance speed and fuel burn with the 175HP?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: