View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blindbaybob

City/Region: Kamloops
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Grey C'Lune
Photos: Grey C'Lune
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Howe Sound launches Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone has experience and advice about launching in Howe Sound. We tried Sunset Marina last year and had a bit of trouble launching and retrieving on their slangy ramp. Is Lions Bay any better? Marina and staff at Sunset were fine otherwise. Thanks for any help.
CC Rider

City/Region: Tsawwassen
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: CC Rider
Photos: CC Rider
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have used the launch at Sunset, it's a bit tricky to back the boat down and can be steepish on a low tide, but generally seems OK. I think we paid $29 for the launch and parking ( the parking is tight) which is a little over the top as far as price goes...
There is Porteau Cove which I have never tried, don't think it has a dock - just a concrete launch..don't know what the cost is.
I have never launched at Lions Bay, I didn't even think they had a launch - possibly a crane lift?
Sewells Marina in Horseshoe Bay I don't think has a launch/parking either.
We always launch at McDonald Beach by the Vancouver Airport. It's $12 to launch and park for the day. It's about 30-40 minutes (in respectable weather) from the launch to the southern part of Howe Sound, across the entrance to Vancouver Harbour.
Howe Sound is one of the most beautiful places to boat in and visit, but launching a boat and parking a boat trailer to enjoy it for a day,is not easy to find.
If you do discover a good launch, I would love to know about it...
Chris & Cathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: