The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Cakes is for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: C-Cakes is for sale Reply with quote

C-Cakes is for sale

Our unexpected move means we are selling our much loved and well cared for 2006 22 cruiser.

- Bought new from and rigged by Les Lampman at EQ harbor Service
-Stored on land under cover, freshwater engine flush and boat trailer wash after every trip.
-Black trim, high top model, tall radar arch, swimstep, teal full canvas new in 2014.
-2006 EZ Loader dual axle aluminum trailer, surge brakes, Kodiak rotors, calipers and pads and Tiedown brand flexible brakelines new in 2013, custom brake/turnlight supplemental lightbar. Kodiak "Redeye" lube system, bearings repacked at end of 2014 season.
-Twin Honda 40HP motors, 1130 Hrs. (EQ predicted life expectancy 2500-3000 hours), 4 blade Honda props mounted, 1 spare 4 blade prop, 2 spare 3 blade props. Regular maintenance, impellers, lower unit oil, engine oil/filter, spark plugs, fuel/water separator changed routinely, maintenance record available.
-Both Bennett trim tabs and Permatrims, Baystar hydraulic steering, stainless splashwell rail, Lewmar V700 windlass, approx 35' chain-300' 3 strand 1/2" line, Delta fastset anchor, 40W loudhailer/foghorn.
-4 25' double braid docklines, bow dockline chocks, extra midships cleats, 4 fender padeyes for quick-easy fender attachment, 4 9"x22" and 3 12" round fenders all with whips and quick release fittings.
-2 25 gallon fuel tanks.
-2 GP24 house batteries new in 2014, 2 motorcycle size start batteries, 20W solar panel wired to trickle charge house batteries, BEP/VSR battery management system.
-Raymarine C-80 chartplotter with US, Inland lakes, and BC Canadian waters chips, DSM 300 depthsounder, 2KW Raymarine radar, KVH fluxgate compass/fast heading sensor.
-Standard Horizon fixed VHF/DSC radio integrated w/chartplotter, 8' antenna. Standard Horizon handheld VHF radio.
-Webasto forced air diesel/kerosene furnace, thermostat controlled.
-Kenyon "Kiss" 1 burner butane stove, rarely used (our cooking done in cockpit on 2 burner Coleman propane stove.)
-20 gallon freshwater tank, footpump
-115V GFCI dual outlet wired to Marinco shore power inlet, 25' Marinco 30A shore power cord. (Note: this is not a complete shorepower that automatically charges batteries, etc.)
-Electric wipers with portside momentary switch.
-Screens for sliding windows, full custom interior window covers, custom screen for cabin door.
-Spare 200' 3 strand anchor line/15' chain with both Fortress FX7 and real Bruce 11# anchors.
-ACR PLB

Many spares: various lines, fenders, adult and child lifejackets, throwable cushions, 115V battery minder brand trickle charger, USCG distress signals-handheld, 12GA and 25MM, electrical and other parts/hardware, fire extinguishers, custom radar relector, large marine cooler with attached seat cushion, boarding ladder, factory service manual for engines, manuals for all electronics, owners manual for the boat,etc. etc.

Much interior custom work, teak chart/plate/bowl racks, overhead racks, Custom cockpit cooking table.

All this for $46,000

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting picture. No motors!
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the stealth mode! Laughing
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
Interesting picture. No motors!

Barry gets really great fuel mileage Laughing

Seriously, This is a very well set-up, and very well cared boat with everything on it ready to go. And lot's of extras included -- really a turn key boat and trailer set up. If you are not from the PNW, this is one that you could come to, bring the groceries, and leave for an island cruise on the same day.

If I was looking this one would be way up there in the priorities.

Life has a way of tossing us curves, bumps and gasps at times. Barry is going on to keep a commitment made to family that is entailing a major life change. My hats off to you Barry and Patti. Wishing you the best in the future.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

B&B Burks

City/Region: Green Valley
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know how hard it is to sell a part of the family.
Life sometimes changes our options and our directions.

Barry and Patti you have a wonderful boat, super maintained
and with all the stuff for cruising. I don't know any better 22.
I hope the family that gets her will give the love you guys have.

Remember once a Brat always a Brat. Someone will get a boat
that is well setup and ready for the cdory adventure. We wish you
guys the best and C-Cakes new owners the best.

Bob And Betsy
formally of Sea Pal

ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry to see Barry and Patty selling C-Cakes. Too many of the folks who's company we very much enjoyed as part of the C-Brats group have sold their boats in recent years.

However; as was the case w/ the previous boats owned by others that went up for sale, this provides a great opportunity for somebody else to join the Brat pack as these boats enable wonderful new people a great social opportunity. Although Barry did not mention this important feature of this boat, purchasing C-Cakes also gives one the ability to join the C-Brats!

Indeed as Harvey and B & B Burks (hey guys, hope you are both doing well!) correctly stated, this is an extremely well maintained C-Dory 22'.

If one was in the market for a 22' it would be well worth seeing C-Cakes as a prime example of this model.

Take care,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah on C-Renity
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I'm selling Still Crazy too cheap. I'd better change the price.

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am very sorry to see Barry and Patty selling C-Cakes. Too many of the folks who's company we very much enjoyed as part of the C-Brats group have sold their boats in recent years.

Our thoughts exactly. Crying or Very sad Sad

Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patti and Barry, we are sad to hear that you'll be selling C-Cakes and moving (have moved?) away. We will dearly miss the two of you at all the gatherings, especially of course the Friday Harbor CBGT every May. We really appreciate how you always kept an eye out for us as we embarked on new destinations, especially last year at Pender Harbour. Just like family watching out for each other.

As others have said, whoever buys C-Cakes is going to get one heck of a well-cared-for boat. Good luck in your future endeavors and don't be strangers.

Caryn & Peter
C-Dancer
2005 CD-22
neilc

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: ROSE BUDD II
Photos: ROSE BUDD II
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry and Patti,
I admire your dedication to family and wish you the best. Still remember our trip to Reid harbor. Thank you.

Neil

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... shocker here Barry & Patty. Wish you the best. I have to say this is a very nice boat. It does not stop with just on the water either. Barry, I have always liked your light bar set up for towing the boat. Good Luck and best of life to you both...but do still keep poking around the C-Brat site.
Byrdman

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone has mentioned, C-Cakes is indeed a very nice C-Dory 22 Cruiser. The "other" thing I always find makes a purchase like this so much nicer is buying from good people, such that the transaction is a pleasure and you make a new friend -- instead of something where you just want to get it over with and escape (I'm sure we've all experienced that in some transaction - ugh!).

When I rolled into town as a newcomer and needed a place to park (plus power/water/etc.) while I buffed and polished my boat, Barry and Patty graciously offered to host my friend and me. They not only provided the "mod cons," but also had us in for meals, gave us all kinds of cruising tips and local knowledge, and made us feel like old friends. We spent the first evening on C-Cakes (on her trailer where she is stored under cover) just admiring all the features and mods (yep, my project list grew longer...).

At any rate, all this to say that this would be one of those things where not only would a buyer be getting a great boat, but also that "extra" of a great owner who makes it all so pleasant as you take possession of your new "baby."

Sunbeam

PS: I don't know the particulars of your move, but it sounds like you are doing right by a previous commitment, so more power to you Thumbs Up
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys will be sorely missed. Many thanks to you for the years of friendship, company, advice and even some good advice Laughing

Make sure you transfer the formula for the "Rain Dance" for the FHGTG.

Stay safe and y'all come back sometimes, ya hear ??

Merv & Kathy

Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful boat for the next owner. Barry and Patti and put their collective heats and souls into her. C-Cakes comes with everything one would want and more. Good Karma, too.

Kim and I will miss you two at the gatherings, have really enjoyed getting to know you both over the years. Friday Harbor C Brat Gathering won't be the same, but understand your commitment to family.

Hope you keep in touch and if you ever want to go out on a trip, give us a shout.

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry & Patti;
I can appreciate how difficult it is to "release" a family member, C-Cakes. I have recently sold SEA ANGEL to a family in who loves her as I do. My
'grief' is comforted by this union.

As I look ahead to what new adventures God has for me I find a great deal of comfort in the wonderful memories I have from my C-Brat and other boating friends.

So may I encourage you to embrace this new adventure and share your stories, your memories and yourselves - as you have so willingly done in the past. Life's wonders await you just around the corner.

Rainbow

Art

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: