View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: what is my 27 worth Reply with quote

I need to come up with a price for my 84 27ft cdory. Those of you that know the boat and have been aboard please pitch in, No its not for sale.
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh come on, some one must have a opinion....
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my guess. Start with your purchase price, and add or subtract for improvements or items that have depreciated. I know you have improved your interior.

A C-Brat since Nov 1, 2003
Ranger Tug 27 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2017 - 2022
Puget Trawler 37 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2006-2017
1991 22' Cruiser, 'Nancy H'--1991-2006
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Do you have a separate album for it? A few pictures and a bit more detail would be useful if you want folks to estimate the value. Not everyone here is that familiar with the boat. I've only seen a few pictures of it and don't recall details like power, electronics etc.

PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bite.. I'm gonna guess $45k - 50k but I have no clue. The other 27 that was in for sale in Everett had an inboard motor and needed a lot of work. I can't recall exactly but I think they wanted $30k for that one.

For a fisherman its the ultimate C-dory. I've wished so many times our cockpit was longer but I wouldn't want to give up the room inside our cabin. The 25' doesn't solve this issue. Just my opinion.
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: what is my 27 worth Reply with quote

They say there is an ass for every seat. My guess is unless someone is really jonesin for a 1984 27" C-Dory with what year Honda 200? How many hours? Does it come with a viable trailer? Lots of unknowns. Have a current survey available for a buyer?
I'm guessing about 25K
D.D.

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is somewhere between the last two guesses.

While there are exceptions, my assumption is the primary market is for serious fishermen. At $25K, it's competing against 22 Anglers - and given the choice between the 22 and 27, I think most would opt for the 27 in a heartbeat for the same price.

However, at $45-50K - while we're all aware how rare/unique the 27 is, most folks will view that as a ton of money for an old boat. And, it places it in direct competition for many other nice fishing vessels of newer vintage.

That's my rationale for suggesting $35K. But, as already mentioned - if you find the buyer who is looking for this model specifically, you could certainly net more.

JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the downside of buying a relatively unique boat. If you are just looking for value for insurance, you can go with "stated value", where you and the insurance company agree that, in a total loss, that is the value they will pay.

If you are looking for value to determine net worth, I think any of the numbers stated above are valid.

If you are looking to sell or trade, that is a whole 'nuther thing. You see the value of a unique boat like the 27; many others would consider it "an old boat." I know you have done work to it to bring to your standards.

A surveyor will be able to give you a professional opinion of replacement value, which a bank or insurance company may or may not take at face value.
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30-40k depending how much they value the rarity and how bad they want it.

-Older model
-more boat that a 22
-just slightly less boat than a 25 in the cabin
-big motor and kicker
-average number of gizmos so far...
-very much a fisher person boat

still a guess,

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post sorry

Last edited by starcrafttom on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I have to clear up a few things. I thought that more people were familiar with the boat.

It is not just a over sized fishing boat and the aft deck does not take any thing away from the cabin. In fact my cabin has more room and storage then any 25. The 27 has a stand up head and a 20 gallon holding tank ( we can argue about holding vs compost some other time) . A full floor to ceiling closet, deep sink, two burner cook top. a true 4 person table that makes in to a real bed. More storage then a 25 and a refrigerator. The only down side is that the table is so big and the full size closet blocks the view aft that the interior looks crowded. It is also dark wood that makes it look smaller then it is. I was thinking of reducing the table and booth to allow the walk way to be wider but even then the table would be bigger then a 25.

The v bert is over 7"6 long and 8 ft wide. It a huge amount of space with a lot of head room too. I have two heaters, one electric and one diesel. Both on thermostats.

The back deck is full covered and enclosed with a two bikini top. The nice thing is you can remover the aft one and still have 4 ft by 7 ft of covered area ( the size of a 25's whole back deck) and have the back 5 by 7 feet open to fishing. We have enclosed the whole deck and hosted 6 people with no crowding.

Rear steering and throttles for both the main and the 16 hp kicker make running the two cannon bottom following downriggers a breeze not to mention docking.

Large full hull swim step makes getting on and off the boat from the dock or the water easy. We use the area for stepping in and out of the dingy or the kayaks.

The aft storage under the deck is 20 inch tall and 7 by 7 feet. That's more storage then the 25 has back deck. I can not tell you how much this space has made staying aboard more comfortable for me and Susan. Now all my stuff is not taking room from her stuff. I don't have to tie crab pots or chairs or extra coolers to the roof. It all goes in the hold. I don't have to shuffle stuff around the back deck depending on what we are doing.

The 225 honda. Yes is a bigger motor they most of the 25's but i always felt the 25s were under powered any how. Could I get by with less? yes but it was there when I bought it and only has 600 hours on it so far ( ?) I will check on that. Had less he 200 when I bought the boat. The 225 will push the boat to 35 to 40 mph depending on load. We cruise at 25- 30 all the time. She planes at 13 to 14 mph and gets the same 2.2 to 2.5 mph at 13 as it does at 30. At 15 to 18 the hull is firmly in the water with no banging at all while we cook. At 25 to 30 if the chop is above 2 ft you get a little banging until you hit the trim tabs and lower the nose, not the speed.

Sorry if that sounds like a infomercial but I did not want people to think that the Susan E was a over sized angler that gave up cabin to have more deck. Oh and its a true self draining deck with a total of 8 drains. 4 are 6 inch drains with removable covers. Two are small 1/2 drains on the sides and 2 more 1/2 at the rear with scupper valves.

There is also the following
windless ( its off a 40 sail boat so its much bigger then most on cdorys) with 100 ft of chain and 300 rode (?)

raymarine c80 with radar and fish finder
vhf
3 batteries on switches with on board chargers.
rigged for downriggers and pot pullers.
Wash down pump and hose
bait table.

We look around the boat show and there is nothing that replaces this boat for under 200k. All the large alun boats like northriver and weldcraft have not cabin space and very small v-berths that I dont fit in at all. The sea sport cabins are smaller and their decks are smaller too unless you go to a out board then its two 200 plus motors .

I know I can't compare it to a new boat but and its closer to a 25 then any thing just with more storage , deck,speed and better fuel burn ( from what I have been told by people with 25's when talking about mpg) .

So I would think that 40 is to low but I don't see anything else on the market with the speed range and space under 60. Its almost a cross between a 25 and a tom cat as far as performance and space??
A Fishin C

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you asking?

For me it is one of my favorites on this site.

Stefan

Last edited by A Fishin C on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many pucks are hanging off the transom?

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
My IRA

City/Region: Springfield
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Aidiam
Photos: My IRA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,
Your boat is a special unit in that not many were made, most have been modified, and as you pointed out, few are configured like your 27. This uniqueness makes your boat difficult if not impossible to value.

When we sold our 1992 25 Bounty, we encountered the same problem, when the buyer of our boat asked his surveyor for a fair market value. So few of these boats come to market, that valuation is determined by each sale. Find someone with a vision for your boat and you may be able to name your price.

Great boat and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Jerry

1992 C-Dory 22 Cruiser sold 8/96
1992 OLympic 26XLF Sold 10/2000
1989 Arima 19 SR sold 2003
2004 C-Dory 25 sold 10/05
1992 Bounty 25 Offshore Pilot sold 6/2010
2006 Arima 17 SC sold 9/2012
2013 C-Dory 23 Venture
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Fishin C wrote:

For me it is one of my favorites on this site.

Stefan

It's also our favorite. When we saw you and Susan at Laconner, I must admit we had cockpit envy. I was thinking if we paid around 30k for our boat, what would I expect to pay for a 27 like yours. It would have to be at least 40k. The age of the boat isn't as relative, when you have a newer motor and electronics, and the boat is in great shape from what we saw.

Its a small market for your boat, but not that small here in the PNW, there's lots of fisherman willing to drop 130k on a new north river or hewes. Your right, what else would you get for the money?

If you decide to sell it for less than 40k, I'm hoping to be the guy you sell it to Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: