The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/10 - 09/13 - Mississippi River 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: mississippi River Gathering 2015 Reply with quote

Good Morning all, I have been following the post for the gathering and I am sure looking forward to being there. It has been awhile since we have had a new post so, I thought that I would get one going. To the planners (Tex and Ken) what would you like for Jan and I to do to help? Two gatherings ago we furnished pies and Tex made ice cream that we all enjoyed on a sand bank on the mighty Mississippi, what a great time it was. Jan and I would be happy to repeat this if you guys are interested in our doing so.

Question for Ken, are you planning on trailering to Alton or you going by boat? A great day to all. Lee on the Tully-B
k-p pelican

City/Region: Putnam
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Mississippi Gathering Reply with quote

The crew of the Pelican (Ken & Pat) will be traveling to Alton in the near future to finalize plans for the gathering. We encourage all who will be attending to give us your ideas and we will try to get them included. There are so many options for food and events it is hard to pick out just a few things. We will absolutely have a day trip on the mighty Mississippi, assuming the weather is not real nasty. Here again we will have several options for a destination.
Thanks to Lee and Jan of the Tully B for their offer, we may just take you up on your offer.
We will advise all of the schedule of events when it is available.

Looking forward to meeting new C-Brats and seeing our C-Brat friends from years past.

ken & Pat (Pelican)
k-p pelican

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Mississippi Gathering Reply with quote

Lee, in answer to your question, we will trailer to Alton. We are hoping to leave Alton for places unknown after the gathering. Last year we left Alton and continued down the Mississippi to the Arkansas River and took it to Little Rock. A great trip. We were in the company of Bixby"s Cub, Falcon and part of the way with Little Bit. We have not decided what we will do this year. Too many choices.

Ken and Pat (Pelican)
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of wondering at this time, how many others are planning on coming to this gathering? My wife and I are planning on trailering down to Alton, and joining in the festivities. Not sure if we'll get in Wednesday late night, or sometime Thursday. Then leave Sunday morning. We're game for whatever as far as cruising a day trip on Friday or Saturday. Colby P.s. I did send a msg earlier to the Marina to reserve a space, but never heard back from anyone there.
Blue Rose

City/Region: Montgomery
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue Rose
Photos: Blue Rose
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Mississippi Gathering Reply with quote

Count us in! We are looking forward to going to this gathering again this year. We haven't decided if we are boating to Alton or trailering yet. This year we want to leave enough time in our schedule so that we are able to go with if others want to go on another river trip after the gathering.
k-p pelican

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Schedule of Events Reply with quote

Hi All,

Here is the Schedule Of Events as we know it now.

Thursday, Sep. 10th: Get to know your fellow C-Brats and socialize. Go cruising, swim in the marina pool, relax in the marina's hot tubs, etc.
6pm, an unorganized trip to Mac's Time Out (outdoor beer garden and restraint) for dinner and drinks.

Friday, Sep.11th: 7am coffee, juices and pastries in the shelter area.
Late morning, early afternoon, boat open house tour. Show off your C-Dory and tour other C-Dories.

2pm, Depart marina by car to nearby Mel Price lock & dam and National Great Rivers Museum. Tour starts at 3pm.
6pm, Dockside dining with grilled food and coffee provided. Please bring your own beverages other than coffee. A short meeting to follow.

Saturday, Sep.12th: 7am coffee, juices and pastries in the shelter area.
8am, those that want to will depart in a group down river to the famous St. Louis Gateway Arch. Late afternoon return so take you own lunch and beverages.
XXpm, an unorganized trip to the famous Fast Eddies Bonaire for dinner and drinks.

Sunday, Sep. 13: If some would like to make another cruise, we can depart Alton for the town of Grafton, passing Our Lady Of The River monument on the way. In Grafton there many neat restaurants, one of which is on the top of the bluff offering a great view of the Illinois and Mississippi rivers. It also has a zip line you can use to return to street level for those with a need for more excitement.

At some time during the event, we are expecting a visit by a well known celebrity, time unknown.

Can't wait to see you all in Sept.

Ken and Pat (Pelican)
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Mississippi River 2015 Reply with quote

Wow Ken! This sounds like a great agenda, count the Tully B with Jan and Lee in for the whole thing. We can arrive early if there is any help that you guys need, just let us know. Lee
Miafun1

City/Region: Illinois
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Lake Effect
Photos: Lake Effect
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Mississippi Gathering Reply with quote

Sounds good!

Dan & Peggy
bcassal

City/Region: BLoomington
State or Province: IN
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Carpy
Photos: Carpy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

It sounds like you have a great gathering coming up. Sadly, once again, Carpy will not be able to be there. We have been on the hard this year. In April I had surgery on a cancerous colon and am now taking chemotherapy for the rest of the year. Joyce is looking at surgery for a deteriorating ankle. So we are more like barnacles than boaters this year. We are managing quite well and hope to back on the water next year. We will miss seeing our old friends and meeting some new ones.

Have fun,
Bruce & Joyce
texasair

City/Region: Cypress, Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Bixby's Cub
Photos: Bixbys Cub
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Bruce.

You should load up Monte and Joyce, leave the boat at home and come over in the car at least for a day.
bcassal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it looks now, I'll come off a chemo infusion on thursday and it takes 3-4 days
feel human again.

I have yet to meet the celebrity guest in person. Maybe we will both be there next
year.

Bruce
texasair

City/Region: Cypress, Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Bixby's Cub
Photos: Bixbys Cub
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck, Hope to see you in 2016.
k-p pelican

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: to the crew of Carpt Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your situation, Pat and I were looking forward to seeing you guys this year. We will now look forward to seeing you in 2016. Don't tell anyone, but the 2016 Gathering will likely be at the Two Rivers Marina, across the river from Louisiana, Missouri. I tell you this secret because we want you to know where to join us next.

Stay well and God bless.

Ken and Pat (Pelican)
bcassal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

Way to keep a secret , Ken. We hope to see you then.
Joyce still has her flowers, but we don't water them anymore.

Bruce & Joyce
Blue Rose

City/Region: Montgomery
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Blue Rose
Photos: Blue Rose
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce-
Sorry to hear that you and Joyce won't be at Alton this year. We were looking forward to visiting with you guys.... always such a pleasure.

Take care and we'll see you next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: