View previous topic :: View next topic  
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Pot heads and C-Dory? Reply with quote

Conducting an investigation and what do I find? A 22' pictured in the banner. Who's boat? If it were mine, I'd demand they pull that photo.

http://docksidecannabis.com/

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, what kind of investigation? Mr. Green
Kushtaka

City/Region: Cordova
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Kushtaka
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really work that way. If you leave your boat out in public, and visible by someone who is not trespassing, pics of your boat are fair game for everyone. If you don't want pics of your boat around, cover it, put it in a boathouse, or put it in a garage.

IMO, the more of a fuss you make about these things, the more publicity and exposure you provide those whose sentiments differ from yours, and whose actions you seem to oppose. Truly, if you want something that is being publicized to go away, the last thing you want to do is share a link and point a spotlight on it.

It's far more likely that your online protest sent business their way, and made numerous people interested in such things aware of this vendor and is therefore counterproductive.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not make out the boat name, but I know it isn't mine, wheeuuuu Smile

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the link but do not see the cdory. It just takes me to the front page of a useless company.
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Pot heads and C-Dory? Reply with quote

Maybe the boats name is Sea-Weed, or C# Weed, or C-Dope, C-Stoner, C-Smoke C-Roach C-Chronic C-Grass. I thought you guys legalized the stuff. I heard there going to be selling weed at the boat show. Laughing Let see a show of hands how many C-Brats are weed smokers? Xmas Naughty
D.D.

PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that I can get a cup of beer if I want to at the boat show..... hoping they don't have weed vendors at the show now too.

In what seems like a different life, I used to smoke weed. I thought I didn't have much of an opinion, or even a positive one of the legalization initiative until a couple weeks ago. We stopped at a McDonalds in Tacoma so my 2 year old daughter could use the can. My wife and kid had to walk through a giant cloud of weed smoke going into the restaurant and coming back out, because some A-hole thought its cool to smoke a giant blunt right outside the entrance door.

Not sure what the investigation is, but I wouldn't bee surprised LE is starting to crack down on unlicensed or under taxed dispenserys. These damn things seem to be popping up on every single corner. Theyre more common than espresso stands anymore.
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

made me laugh
20dauntless

City/Region: Mercer Island and Decatur Island
Vessel Name: Retriever and Nordic Tug 37
Photos: Retriever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulNBriannaLynn wrote:
These damn things seem to be popping up on every single corner. Theyre more common than espresso stands anymore.

I was on a ski trip in Colorado a few weeks ago and if you think there are a lot of dispensaries in Washington, you wouldn't believe Colorado. They seemed to be on every corner in Denver and they have big banners advertising recreational marijuana. Even tiny Crested Butte had one...

Honestly I haven't noticed much change in Washington since the law passed. It seemed there were already a gazillion medical dispensaries and I can't say I've noticed any place marketing recreational marijuana.

And like someone said above, if your boat is at a marina or on a road and someone gets a picture, the photographer owns the rights to the photo, not the subject.

Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Pot heads and C-Dory? Reply with quote

I smoked two or maybe a thousand times I can't remember now Smile I was in Vietnam on a gumit job for a while is how it started. I was unsure if I would make home. But like Billy Bob Clinton I never inhaled. Mr. Green That crap is all over now. I'm sure my cardiologist would frown on it. What a stink everything smells like Chinese food. What was I saying?
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For every anti marijuana ad you read in the paper or see a government commercial on television, this what I want you to do. Delete the word "marijuana" and insert the word "alcohol". The meaning of the message remains the same. Except one word is far more dangerous than the other.
Martin.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the same argument for years when this issue has come up, and those wishing for continued pot prohibition never wish to take me up on my challenge. That is, if you're against legal pot - proclaim loudly and publicly to all, you are also against legal alcohol. It's beyond debate the use of alcohol causes more societal problems than the use of marijuana. So, you either oppose legal alcohol - or you're a hypocrite.

This so isn't the place to have this discussion, but what the heck - our local C-Brat cop has pushed my buttons one too many times on this topic and I've always bitten my lip.

The voters of WA have spoken, and those opposed to legalization LOST. Get over it. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, and it didn't work for pot - for the very same reasons. It's no longer necessary for pot proponents to prove legalization is the right answer - rather, the onus is on those opposed to defend the undeniable problems prohibition has caused. Explain how it's good to have organized crime fill the demand. Give us the stats that show how prohibition has reduced demand and usage. Tell us why our tax dollars should be spent investigating, enforcing, prosecuting and jailing offenders when we've so many more important things that get ignored or go unfunded. Those of us who voted "Yes" don't need to explain ourselves - those voting "No" need to defend the previous status quo that failed in dramatic fashion.

Also, last time localboy brought this up, he opined how the medical use of pot is a joke. That almost got me to bite. Snarky thoughts like "Oh, they teach medicine now in cop school" came to mind, but no such smart-assedness is necessary. There's not even need for me to point towards countless studies and first-hand accounts of the people it has helped - not only with their ailments, but in saving them physical side-effects and huge amounts of money compared to prescription meds. Nope - I know of it's phenomenal efficacy first hand.

I've suffered migraines since I was a young teenager in the 70's. My mom was a nurse and suffered from them as well, and at the time pain meds were the only solution. Later in life, I was fortunate to meet one of the premier migraine doctors in the country - a widely respected neurologist with numerous published studies who has since retired. Over the many years I visited him, we tried every migraine medication used in the field - preventative and for pain after onset. I kept meticulous records of physical behavior and diet to try and find a correlation to migraine episodes. Nothing worked. Basically, when one hit - I'd break out the Vicodin and go to bed until the episode ended. The pain was still there, just dampened - and the Vicodin side-effects were significant. Nausea while taking it was bad enough, but what I really hated was the 24 hour Vicodin hangover afterwards.

Several years back, I saw reference online to marijuana helping migraine sufferers. I had my doubts...suffice it to say, I did inhale when younger and the thought of doing so when my head was exploding seemed like tossing gasoline on fire. During a particularly nasty episode, I thought WTF - called up a high school buddy I knew still used recreationally, and had him bring over a doob.

As was typical with my worst migraines, I could barely stand up or keep my eyes open - light sensitivity being a huge issue. He fired it up, I took a couple deep tokes - and in under one minute the pain was GONE. Not masked, not dull - GONE. The only downside, if one wishes to call it one - the relief was relatively short. I had to keep smoking every 2-3 hours until the episode passed. In addition to the pain relief, there is no nausea, and no hangover - something no other drug came close to matching. Somewhat hesitantly, I contacted my neurologist with my findings...he'd never suggested it, and I'd no idea how he would respond. He was thrilled - and after I'd documented the results on several more occasions, he mentioned he'd share the info with other patients for whom more traditional treatments had also failed.

I'm not suggesting pot's a cure-all, nor that the above results are typical for migraine sufferers (some readily admit it makes them worse), nor that some people abuse medical usage simply to obtain it for recreational means. However...so what? How are any of these points different from any other drug?

Thankfully, the tide has changed - and it's getting easier to battle all the ignorance. Not really surprising...time has a way of letting truths percolate to the top.

chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure the boat is CAVU. It's probably taken at Ucluelet, British Columbia

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chromer wrote:
I am pretty sure the boat is CAVU. It's probably taken at Ucluelet, British Columbia

I think you're right. Clear Air and Visibility Unlimited.

Ken?

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I think the problem is, there are too many "stoners" that don't know how to act responsibly.... And yes, I say the same thing about Drunks. Otherwise, in honesty, I'm not sure where I stand on it's legalization. If it helps you, great. Use it appropriately and responsibly. Like many "drugs", it can be abused. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: