The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Another Battery Question... Help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falco

City/Region: Flagstaff
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Bucking Coho
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sealife:

I have only scanned all these posts but want to offer the following:

1) Try emailing (or better yet calling) Ian Hunt at BEP (IHunt@bepmarine.com, +64 9 415 7261 ext 729). Remember they are located in New Zealand.

2) It's hard for me to understand your set up, but I believe you want one battery for each of your twins and at least one battery for the House (3 batteries total). I have twin Suzis on my boat and have a cranking battery and a house battery per engine. I would never have only two batteries (one per engine) with one serving as a house battery.

3) The BEP 717-100A could be used in a two cranking battery (one per engine) and one house battery set up. I know because I have emailed Ian about this as I want to get rid of the Guest battery selectors (utter junk) in my 2004 22'. If you have two house batteries they would need to be connected in parallel. Not sure the 716 is the correct unit for your twin set up. A 718 might work. See http://www.bepmarine.com/showcategory.cfm?categoryid=76

4) Consider getting (our checking out from the library (?)) a copy of Nigel Calder's "Boatowners Mechanical and Electrical Manual". It is chock full of useful info on marine batteries and their various hookups.

5) You can check for abnormal current draw (ie, something sucking your juice that shouldn't be by following the instructions here: http://www.tpub.com/content/construction/14273/css/14273_40.htm

Glad to hear the factory is using BEP stuff. It is good quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electrical and Wiring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: