The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/15 - 05/17 - 2015 Friday Harbor Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's true. I remembered to get the photo album ready before all the pictures are snapped.

Here it is.

Have fun!

Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who made it to the Friday Harbor get together, we had a great time. All of you helped to make it fabulous! See you in Poulsbo!
Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're sorry to have missed seeing you all at another great event, thankfully however a great group of fellow Canucks have attended and we send great wishes to all and have safe travels onward We'll see you down the road
Carolyn and George CoolSmile
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: May 15-16-17 Friday Harbor Reply with quote

May 15-16-17, Friday Harbor C-Brat's Annual Get-Together----

43 Boats! Maybe more, which included one Ranger Tug 27 owned by Russ & Toni and one Nordic Tug 26, owned by Larry! There was lots of food and even more fun and fellowship with our brothers and sisters who showed up in force from Canada. Almost half of the boats were Canadian (EH!)

Greg and Cindie did a terrific job putting this together.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Pat Anderson, our new representative of King Neptune, christened at least six boats Saturday evening and did a right smart job of it.

Teddi put his master to work Saturday afternoon and John performed flawlessly! Teddi does a great job with that John guy!

Brock was here with his boat, BAMBINA. Brock was the fella who got this C-Brat thing started years ago. Good to see you again, Brock.

Thank you, Barry and Patti for the seven years that you hosted this event. We miss you.

Joe and Ruth, C-Brats #22
R-MATEY

2010 R25SC Tug (Mar 2010 - Sold Oct 2013)
1993 22 Cruiser (Jan 2014 - Sold March 2023)
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a GREAT CBGT! Thanks to Greg and Cindie! Hard to top! PLEASE come to the Bellingham CBGT, sign up sooner rather than later!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

rainger

City/Region: Victoria
State or Province: BC
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok got lots of great pics. Converting them from .NEF right now. Need to know where to upload them.

Had a great time my buddy first time out on his Cdory is hooked on C Brats. Had a great time.

A little bit of what we did after leaving the gathering in Friday Harbor. We left at about 10am today and cruised over to Fisherman's bay on Lopez Island.

Tied up at the docks at the Galley, Jeff is the owner and would welcome any C brat at his docks for free to go up and eat and drink at the Galley.

We had a couple beers and Lou and Roxy had a late breakfast and I had one hell of an over sized burrito. We left at 12 noon.

We then went up and around Shaw and between Orcas and over to Spieden Channel. Past Roche and down Mosquito pass against a flood.

We rum lined it to Baynes channel, picked up the crab traps and docked at RVYC.

A quick Customs check and drive home and after jumping on the Harley I was still at the Blues jam by 3:30 at the upper deck.

How good is it that I am having breakfast in Friday Harbor then a beer on Lopez Island at noon and still able to make the Blues Jam in Victoria by 3:30???

Thanks all looking forward to Poulsbo.
brevity

C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: BREVITY
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really nice to meet all you excellent folks in person! Thanks to the organizers and everyone who welcomed us, even as not-full-participators. Hope to see more of you in the future!

Thanks,
Will on Brevity
Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Many thanks! Reply with quote

Another great time at the gathering. Thanks to Greg and Cindie for the great job putting this all together.
Craig and I and the three dogs just boarded the land yacht (97 SURBURBAN) for our 11 hour drive home. Salty was desalted yesterday and tucked away until our next adventure. Wish we had more time to join some of you for other outings...maybe someday. Sounds like we missed seeing the Orcas at Deception yesterday! Thanks to everyone for putting up with our dumb questions and referring to fenders as bumpers and lines as ropes. We will get the lingo soon. Until next year.....Happy trails from the Montana Salty Crew!

Lovin' Our C Dory!

Last edited by Montana Salty on Mon May 18, 2015 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Many thanks! Reply with quote

and a ps...missed Barry and Patti and Jim and Joan....sorry they sold their boats! Hope to see you all agin someday..you both were a huge part of our beginning with this great group of people!
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great gathering! Thanks for putting it all together Greg and Cindie, you guys did a great job. It was wonderful seeing all our old friends and meeting new ones, although this gathering is getting so big, I'm sure we didn't meet all of the attendees.

We look forward to seeing some of you in Poulsbo next month!

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: FH CBGT - a great time! Reply with quote

Kudos to the Langs (Greg, Cindy, & Aven) for carrying on the great Friday Harbor hosting tradition that Barry & Patti formerly filled. All went smoothly and was very enjoyable.

Great to see everybody and spend time w/ such pleasant folks. Nice to see so many boats from north of the border..... fantastic Canadian turnout!

Take care and hope to see lots of Brats in Poulsbo, Ladysmith, & Bellingham!

Stay safe,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah on C-Renity
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim and I want to thank Greg, Cindie and Aven for a special gathering, since we got our 25 Christened. We received a cool certificate to commemorate the occasion, too. Thanks to Pat Anderson for Christening Kim Christine.

Great to have so many people there to help us with the happy event. We had fun visiting with everyone and Sunshine, our golden had a blast getting pets and loves from all the dog lovers!

On another subject, coming back through Deception Pass on Sunday were a small pod of orcas in the middle of the pass feeding on herring, we were told. They shut down the pass! WDFW and whale watch boats there. Awesome sight as the whales were holding in the flooding current! We had to turn around under bridge and get out of there and ending up going through Canoe Pass, then we could safely observe.

Awesome ending to a wonderful weekend.

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Sadly, I'm home. (I have to admit to liking "free" long hot shower though.) Sure would be nice to have this event last about a week so there would be time to talk with everybody there.

First Brat I met was Roger (In CaHoots), and Thanks to him for Taps and Oh Canada.

Greg, Cindy and Aven did a Spectacular job. A BIG THANK YOU to them. Thanks too, to Barry for the no rain dance. It worked. And thanks to Dan for posting from home what I asked since I couldn't do it from the dock. It was great all the way around. Lots of C-Dory's, 16, 22, 25, and Venture 23 and Tomcats too. Lots of Canadian boats too. I heard there were three countries represented in all, USA, Canada and Texas. It was really fun to see so many kids there too. All young C-Brats in training. I think the "Find the Fender" game was pretty good. (Tim, did they all get found on the boat by the time you hit the dock?)

Missed, were Patty and Barry, George and Carolyn, Roger and Janet, and anybody from the dealers and factory who missed a great time.

Learned some good stuff. Thanks to Sam, Tim, Chuck, Salty and John and Teddi.

Great to see the new folks, (Mark, Cory and Madison), and the "new to you boats" there. Keep it up and spread the word, C-Brats and CBGT's are "good stuff".

Accomplished: turned in half of my expired flares and got some great pix and some good hugs.

The crossings were good both ways, and the nights before and after were fun, and great to find special surprises at the docks at Jones and Reid.

OK, now looking forward to FH next year, and to more CBGT time this year.

Thanks to all for coming, for a great time and for being good friends. You all are great.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, this was one GREAT CBGT! Thanks to Greg and Cindie, and everyone who showed up, especially all our wonderful Canadian friends! Blake, the seafood chowder was once again to die for! It was so great to see Brock on Bambina! We loved our Desolation Sound cruise with you! Russ and Toni, we love you guys, keep on keepin' on being C-Brats! Larry, you are always welcome on Widgeon! I loved doing the christenings, hope everyone enjoyed that, it is such an important part of the C-Dory fellowship! On to Poulsbo and Ladysmith, but PLEASE sign up for Bellingham!
Wigeon

City/Region: Bellingham
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time at the Friday Harbor gathering and the cruise to and from Bellingham was delightful. Lots of good conversations about boating and other subjects were rewarding and fun. Special thanks to Jan and Sam for their insight and to Pat & Patty for their hospitality. Greg and Cindie's efforts were top notch.

Larry..........Wigeon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: