The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/15 - 05/17 - 2015 Friday Harbor Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainger

City/Region: Victoria
State or Province: BC
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be attending Friday night for sure. Please let me know what restaurant is planned and a time.

My buddy Charles owns the Blue Water and China Pearl, and my friend Peggy owns the Rumor Mill. All good choices.

I will be staying at the RVYC berths at the end of C dock arriving Friday around noon. Looking forward to the gathering and meeting you all.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier there was a question about the Customs docks and I said they had a yellow line on the dock, thinking parallel to the bull rail. NOT SO. I checked on my through last week, NO Yellow.

Coming in from Canada, it is closer to check in at Roche Harbor. Customs there moves; on the off season it is in by the fuel dock, Sometime in May it will move out to the front dock. If it is out front it will be close to the center of the long, front, side tie dock. The Customs sign is about 2 feet square, white with green lettering. Tie as close to the building as possible, and only one person off the boat until clearance is authorized.

At Friday Harbor, the Customs is on the second front dock, the one that runs off towards the left, and the ferry dock, but is still perpendicular to the approach from the bay. It is also to the right of the sea plane dock.

It is coming together, and I'm really looking forward to this.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

PS: I saw C-Hawk on the water over the last couple of weeks, Friday Harbor I think. Hope we get to meet there again, CBGT?

rainger

City/Region: Victoria
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Harvey I was in FH a couple of weeks ago. I try to get over there as often as possible. You can usually find me in the Blue Water the China Pearl or the Rumor Mill.

I don't go to Herbs any more since it was bought out by some non Islanders that have really changed the place and not for the better.

However I just realized the Port Angeles is only 1.5 miles more from RVYC. Think I might take a trip over there a couple times this summer as well.

PS I bought some Honda props like yours 12.25 x 9 x 3. Hope to put them on before the Gathering and give them the run over to see if there is any difference.
hardee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to meet you -- next time. I didn't see the boat until I was on my way out of the FH marina. Liked the Seahawk logo. Yes, PA is almost the same distance, but it is/can be a very different ride. In almost 9 years here, I have done the over and back on the same day twice. I have had multiple crossings that were great, flat, calm and gorgeous. I have had some less than fun crossings, none unsafe, but definitely took full attention, and I have turned around and bailed on the crossing for the original planned time, twice.

If you are headed to PA, let me know and if I'm around I'd be happy to run to PA and meet up.

I'd be interested in what you think of the new prop set.

Harvey
509 eight three three 88 sixtynine
SleepyC Moon

bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad will be travelling through the Gulf Islands 13/14th on route to FH. Anyone else in the area?

Martin.
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,
Is there going to be USCG Aux. Boat inspections this year?
Thanks,
Patrick and Crew

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have anyone lined up to do instpections at this event. Are there any brats attending who can perform them? If we have a few boats interested in an inspection, we could try to arrange a local volunteer.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Brats!

Ari is looking forward to hosting our first gathering and have enough of the details on hand to share them with the group. We are launching Thursday evening at Cornet Bay and heading out Friday around 8am.

When you arrive at the Port of Friday Harbor Marina, there is no need to call in for a slip assignment with the port. They reserve the inside of H dock and the shore-end of G dock for our group. Look for the other C-Brats to dock next to and we will be monitoring VHF 68 if you have any questions as you come in. Usually a bunch of us are there Friday and will help you get moored. Once you are settled at the dock, make note of your slip # and please walk up to the office to get checked in for the weekend.

Marina Map
http://www.portfridayharbor.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/150312-POFH-Marina-Map-8.5-x-11.pdf

There will be a casual dinner Friday evening at 5:30 at the Rumor Mill restaurant.
***Please register in advance by sending a PM to username Aurelia. Limited to 40 seats.***

Rumor Mill restaurant, 175 1st St.
Menu - http://www.rumor-millsanjuan.com/menu.html

West Marine will be hosting us on Saturday morning with a 10% discount on most items. Coffee and donuts will be provided for C-Brats. Time TBD.

We will have the potluck at 5:30pm Saturday at the end of H dock.
No sign-up necessary, just bring an item to share. Plates and utensils provided. Bring your own drink.

Boat christenings will be Saturday evening immediately following the potluck. If you want a christening, please be sure to bring some greenery and let us know the boat name and your family's names via PM. Pat Anderson will be performing the christenings this year.

Don't forget to bring your nametags! We can make some for you if you send us your names and boat name.

Greg and Cindie
Paddle-2tc

City/Region: Saskatoon
State or Province: SK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Blue Skies
Photos: Blue Skies
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridma wrote:
Nomad will be travelling through the Gulf Islands 13/14th on route to FH. Anyone else in the area?

Martin.

Hi Martin,
Blues skies will be heading south to FH on the 14th. We are arriving in Nanaimo on the 11th so lots to do to get the boat ready and out of storage in the time available. Let us know when you are passing through.
Bill and Dorothy
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill and Dorothy,

Great to hear from you. I'll be back in touch next week closer to kick off and let you know where we will be.

Martin and Andrea.
Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are up to 38 boats and 16 reserved for the Friday night dinner! Please send me a PM or respond on this thread if you want to be added to that Friday list for the Rumor Mill. We have up to 40 seats so plenty of room left.

Greg
Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, See addition in Bold

Hello Brats!

Ari is looking forward to hosting our first gathering and have enough of the details on hand to share them with the group. We are launching Thursday evening at Cornet Bay and heading out Friday around 8am.

When you arrive at the Port of Friday Harbor Marina, there is no need to call in for a slip assignment with the port. They reserve the inside of H dock and the shore-end of G dock for our group. Look for the other C-Brats to dock next to and we will be monitoring VHF 68 if you have any questions as you come in. Usually a bunch of us are there Friday and will help you get moored. Once you are settled at the dock, make note of your slip # and please walk up to the office to get checked in for the weekend.

Marina Map
http://www.portfridayharbor.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/150312-POFH-Marina-Map-8.5-x-11.pdf

Vessel Safety checks will be offered by local inspector Burke Critchfield on Friday from 3-5pm. Please send me a PM of you would like one so I can provide him a list.

There will be a casual dinner Friday evening at 5:30 at the Rumor Mill restaurant.
***Please register in advance by sending a PM to username Aurelia. Limited to 40 seats.***

Rumor Mill restaurant, 175 1st St.
Menu - http://www.rumor-millsanjuan.com/menu.html

West Marine will be hosting us on Saturday morning with a 10% discount on most items. Coffee and donuts will be provided for C-Brats. Time TBD.

We will have the potluck at 5:30pm Saturday at the end of H dock.
No sign-up necessary, just bring an item to share. Plates and utensils provided. Bring your own drink.

Boat christenings will be Saturday evening immediately following the potluck. If you want a christening, please be sure to bring some greenery and let us know the boat name and your family's names via PM. Pat Anderson will be performing the christenings this year.

Don't forget to bring your nametags! We can make some for you if you send us your names and boat name.

Greg and Cindie
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, we have been getting Kerri On all pretty for the season, all just about ready. However we have had some family commitments come into our cruising plans. We are going to miss this one, after much anticipation of seeing all our friends. We will be helping move my aunt into assisted living and prepping her house for sale. We will likely be a couple days local next week and grab a week in the Gulf Islands around 17-23 May. Depending on how it goes with my Aunt. Anyone passing thru let us know, we'd be happy to meet up, drive you for supplies etc. Maybe see some of you in the Gulf Islands on the way north. We'll catch up on down the road Sorry to miss this one, Carolyn and George
Two Bears

City/Region: Orofino
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Two Bears
Photos: Two Bears
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, isn't it funny how life gets in the way of cruising plans?! Rolling Eyes

We have about 10 days after FH and the American Memorial day is in the middle of that, so we might come north to the Gulf Islands to avoid those crowds but maybe we better wait until the 19th when VC day crowds will hopefully have gone home. We love the Sausage pies we find in Ladysmith and in Chemainus bakeries. Gee, there must be some other reason to come north.

Chuck

hardee

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George and Carolyn, sorry to hear you won't be at Friday Harbor. Sure glad we got to meet in Chemainus. Great to get to see you two. Next time there we need to get back to Barnacle Barry's, just up the way from the bakery. The Fish and chips there were excellent.

Chuck, (See above for another reason to go to Chemainus Laughing Hope to see you at Friday Harbor too. It's been a while since the trip into Sidney.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: