The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/19 - 06/21 - Poulsbo, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly Garber

City/Region: Renton
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nor-Irish
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 06/19 - 06/21 - Poulsbo, WA Reply with quote

We have signed up. Does that mean we have a reserved slip or do we need to contact the marina??

Jazzmanic wrote:
We're right on your heels Pat. Very Happy

Jan and I met last night and decided on a date. The date for the Poulsbo CBGT is the 3rd weekend in June:

JUNE 19 - 21, 2015

There will be another yacht club who had previously made reservations for that weekend but we will have plenty of room as we will have access to the whole F dock, which has 32 30’ slips. The drawback for having the gathering that weekend with another yacht club booked is that we won’t have access to the multi-purpose room or activity barge. However, Jan did some fast thinking and remembered that there is a park right outside the marina and he’s made arrangements to have the Saturday potluck at the gazebo in the park. So problem solved. And of course, the charming little town of Poulsbo is right at our footsteps. We're really looking forward to this gathering and hope many of you can join us.

We will be posting more details but for right now, the first order of business is to get a list of boats who plan on attending. There will be a small $5 deposit per boat due a few weeks in advance but we will organize how we want to handle that later. First things first is signing up.

Mike or Bill, can you please set-up a sign up sheet for this event.

Peter & Caryn * C-Dancer
Jan * C-Change

Added to Calendar
Signup list
-TyBoo

Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for signing up. You can. PM me or Jan with your boat info, boat name, LOA, owner name. We will assign the slips. No need to call marina.

Peter
rainger

City/Region: Victoria
State or Province: BC
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in time I am planning on making the gathering. Heck it is only gas right????
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a side trip with sister to Poulsbo from Bremerton last week, a really nice harbor. If we aren't stuck in the minutia of getting our house sold we plan to attend.
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had an unforseen change of plans and now might be able to attend this gathering. We aren't sure yet but maybe. I was looking for a good launch ramp in Active Captain and didn't find one in the Poulsbo vicinity. What ramp(s) do you recommend for this gathering? I am hoping to find one where we can safely leave the SUV and trailer for many days so we can explore a bit in addition to attending the gathering. Thanks for any suggestions you might have....

Rob
Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobMcClain wrote:
We've had an unforseen change of plans and now might be able to attend this gathering. We aren't sure yet but maybe. I was looking for a good launch ramp in Active Captain and didn't find one in the Poulsbo vicinity. What ramp(s) do you recommend for this gathering? I am hoping to find one where we can safely leave the SUV and trailer for many days so we can explore a bit in addition to attending the gathering. Thanks for any suggestions you might have....

Rob

I hope you can make it Rob. Depending on which side of the sound you will be launch from you have lots of choices. On the Kitsap Peninsula side, there's the Brownsville Marina which I've heard is a good place to launch and close to Poulsbo. Then there's the a Kingston Marina which has a good launch and seems pretty secure. On the east side of Puget Sound close to I-5, there's the Edmonds Marina which has a nice sling launch. We kept.our boat there last summer and it's a well run facility and secure. Plus it's an easy crossing of the sound, through Agate Passage and around to get to Poulsbo, a nice little 1 hour cruise. Hope thus helps. I'm sure others will chime in.

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be using the Port Orchard city ramp for the gathering and have parked there for a few days many times with no trouble. The city hall and police station is across the street so that helps.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
C-Change

C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Last Call Reply with quote

Hi Folks:

Peter and I are planning on getting together on Monday to assign slips and send the info off to the marina. If you are planning on attending the gathering but have not yet sent your info to Peter or I ... Now is the time Very Happy

We need your name, boat name, length, arrival and departure dates.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Jan
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete service of the main will be done next week. We will be ready! Cool
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobMcClain wrote:

Rob

Rob, you are probably coming from the south, so this may be out of the way, but Port Townsend Boat Haven has a good ramp, a nice wash deck and good parking with no hassles for a week or so. Also, the launch fee is paid on the day you launch and no parking fee. It is a ways from Poulsbo, but it is a nice run if you want a boat ride.

There is a launch ramp at Poulsbo Sad Avoid that one, it is not for launching a C-Dory. Short, Steep and very awkward to use. Twisted Evil Sorry, but whoever put that ramp together never launched anything bigger than a 10ft skiff.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE plan to be there but I cant plan to much ahead. Work is nuts right now. Will let you know if we cant make it.
Kathi

City/Region: Glide
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Dory K
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Cannot attend. Kathi Reply with quote

Family plans had to be changed, we really wanted to make this trip as it would have been our first. Anyone know of another event on or near the west coast?
Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last call for reservations/slip assignments. I'm submitting the list today. At this moment, there are 19 boats signed up for the Poulsbo CBGT. This would include the 16 boats listed on the event sign-up list + 3 other boats, Catch 22, Full 90 and SerenityMay1995 who are not on the list but have PM'd Jan or myself.

If you would like to sign up, please PM me at your earliest convenience. If you do decide to attend as we get closer to the event, I'm sure you can arrive at the marina and get a spot on the F dock. You just may not be able to be part of the C-Brat grouping on the first 20 slips forward of the dock. But don't let that stop you if you decide to join us at the last minute. We'll do our best to fit you in. Please consider attending this event, it's going to be fun!

Peter & Caryn - C-Dancer
Jan - C-Change
RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All things dicey for us at the time. House sale in Chehalis is going through, and we need well drillers, surveyors and et cetera to finish the sale. I appreciate being able to be a 'last minute-or'. Hoping.
C-Change

C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poulsbo Slip Assignments:

This morning I sent a PM with slip assignments to all the folks that have confirmed attendance to the Poulsbo gathering. If for some reason you were missed, please let me know.

The marina requested cell numbers for all boats. We have cell numbers for some folks but not everyone. So, if I requested your number please respond to the PM. Several folks have already responded - thanks

For folks that are not familiar with the Poulsbo area, the CBGT will be at the Port of Poulsbo Marina. The marina is the last one on the right - north east corner of Liberty Bay. When you arrive, just proceed directly to your assigned slip there is no need to contact the marina. Once you tie up, you can go to the office to register/pay.

The marina website is http://www.portofpoulsbo.com/poulsbo-marina/

A map of the guest slips can be found at: http://www.portofpoulsbo.com/marina-map/ If you click on the map you can download a higher resolution .pdf file for reference.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: