The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/21 - 08/23 - Bellingham, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed up for the gathering and looking forward to seeing everyone! I'll take a seat for the factory tour John. Thanks in advance!

Don
serenitymay1995

City/Region: Cumberland
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Gumption
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Bellingham Reply with quote

Pat should I call and reserve my own moorage or go with the c-dory group, we will need a longer slip but if we are side tied we are ok?
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are making up new name tags, so if you need a new name tag please PM us the names to put on your name tags, and your boat model, name and color. Thanks!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bellingham Reply with quote

Jamie, I answered your PM, but you should be good just coming to P Dock and hang with the C-Dory group!

serenitymay1995 wrote:
Pat should I call and reserve my own moorage or go with the c-dory group, we will need a longer slip but if we are side tied we are ok?
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I signed up yet?? if not count us in.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom and Susan,

Yes, you signed up already! We ARE counting you IN!

Pat and Patty

starcrafttom wrote:
Have I signed up yet?? if not count us in.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For prizes for the potluck giveaway, so far we have some 2015 Waggoner Cruising Guides from Sam, and five - count 'em FIVE - brand new C-Dory hats that we collected over the years and simply put away. There will also be a C-Dory bottle opener that you attach under your galley counter if I can find it!

We are soliciting donations of other prizes from C-Brats, please PM us if you can donate something as a prize!
mrrlc

City/Region: Kent
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello C-Brats, I too am new to the C-Dory forum. This is my first post.
I don't have a boat yet but have been doing research reading the forum and have visited the factory in Bellingham. I plan to buy either a new or used C22 cruiser by the end of the year.
I would like to stop by and visit the group in Bellingham on Saturday 23rd and tag along on the factory tour.
It's been great reading and learning from the forum's postings.
Thank you, Bob
mrrlc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - before I get corrected, I meant "Saturday, 22nd"
thanks again, Bob
johnr

City/Region: Bellingham
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Stillwater
Photos: Surf Scoter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidentally, we'll be out cruising the San Juans during the week and possibly through the weekend, but if we're back in time (home base is Bellingham), we'll be there for part of it. It was a c-brat gathering in Bellingham a few years ago that first got me interested in the C-Dory.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty will be handing out packets with the schedule, the gate code, the bathroom code, your 2015 Bellingham CBGT refrigerator magnet (!), and some Bellingham tourist information, but here are the highlights for the upcoming weekend:

Arrive on Friday if possible. If you are driving and launching at Squalicum, the easiest way to get there from I-5 if you are coming from the south is to exit at Meridian, Exit 256, and turn left onto Meridian. Then turn right on Squalicum Parkway, which is the traffic light right past the Birchwood traffic light. This will take you right to Squalicum Harbor and the boat launch, which is by the Redden Marine Supply and Anthony's Restaurant. After you launch, motor around and tie up to P Dock, then self-register. We will put the registration envelopes in the packets.

I will be listening on CHANNEL 68 (not 16) for incoming boats. Everyone appreciates it if people on the dock at least offer to assist with dock lines - I know we do!

Pizza will be provided at 6 p.m. We will have both meat and vegetarian pizza. Bring your own adult (or other) beverage!

On Saturday, breakfast on your own and then the C-Dory factory tour is at 9 a.m. See how our boats are built! If you have never visited the factory before, this will be a real highlight! I will try to find out how long Greg Little plans to be there on Saturday. It is possible one of the owners will be there as well. Fairhaven is too far to walk from Squalicum Harbor. We will do the best we can to provide transportation but if anybody can volunteer to drive (we have one volunteer but that is not enough), that would be greatly appreciated!

Saturday is "dock talk" or exploring on your own. See how other people have customized their C-Dorys! We always get lots of good ideas looking at the other boats! We have arranged a 10% discount at LFS Marine, which is a short walk. This is a GREAT store, and you should go over for sure! There will be some excluded items, the manager said he cannot discount electronics or downriggers, but it should be good on most everything else in the store, and this is a BIG store with almost everything conceivable related to recreation on the water! Be sure to identify yourself as being with the C-Dory group!

Denaming/christening ceremonies will beging at 5 p.m. Please attend, and have a libation to pour over the bow! So far, we have one christening, which is Dan and Tanya's Ranger 27. Please PM me if you would like a christening ceremony!

The world famous C-Brat potluck is on the dock at 6 p.m. You know the drill, bring something for everyone to share! In the event of rain, if he has not closed the sale of his house and moved to Portland, Byrick Shillam has arranged for us to use the yacht club building. After the potluck, we will have a nautical themed trivia quiz with some prizes, and we are still looking for a few more prize donations - PM us if you can donate a prize!

Sunday morning we will be providing omlettes, Danish and orange juice on the dock starting at 9 a.m. Please let us know if you are leaving before breakfast so we can plan appropriate quantities, but try to hang around for breakfast and goodbyes before departing! Also, please consider contributing a small bowl of an omlette filler (sausage, bacon, peppers, onions, or ???). We will provide the eggs and cheese. Without the fillers, they will be plain cheese omlettes! We will be cooking the omlettes in sandwich bags in a big pot of boiling water! We have tested this method and it works! Bring your own coffee!

Please signup on the Event Signup if you are planning to come and have not yet done so! It really helps us if we know how many people are coming! Also, don't forget your folding chairs!

See you on Friday in Bellingham!

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do stop by, plan attending the factory tour and potluck! You do NOT have to own a C-Dory to be a C-Brat as far as I know! We all started out by looking at the boats, and the rest, as they say, is history!

mrrlc wrote:
Hello C-Brats, I too am new to the C-Dory forum. This is my first post.
I don't have a boat yet but have been doing research reading the forum and have visited the factory in Bellingham. I plan to buy either a new or used C22 cruiser by the end of the year.
I would like to stop by and visit the group in Bellingham on Saturday 23rd and tag along on the factory tour.
It's been great reading and learning from the forum's postings.
Thank you, Bob
mrrlc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. It would be a pleasure to drive some of you over the
factory if a ride is needed. Bob
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and Pals, I'm Anacortes water bound in an hour or two, on my way I think to Nanaimo. Hard to say since there's so many options along the way, including going nowhere!

See you in Bellingham next Friday.
Brock Hot
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great itinerary Pat and Patty! We received four Waggoners from Sam via Jan today and will bring those. We will also bring the C-Brat bins we've had since the Poulsbo CBGT as it is tradition to pass these on to the current CBGT hosts. Finally we will also bring the C-Brat kitty so that we C-Brats can continue the tradition of donating for current and future CBGT's.

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see everyone. See ya Friday!

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: