The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/24 - 07/26 - Ladysmith, BC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddle-2tc

City/Region: Saskatoon
State or Province: SK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue Skies
Photos: Blue Skies
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, C-Brats. Are there any boat christenings desired or planned for Ladysmith?

Bill and Dorothy
Blue Skies
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbin and I will not be able to make it this weekend. Life has caught up to us. Hope everyone has a great time.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In safe and sound at Ladysmith, but it sure was quite a night on the mooring buoy at Chemainus. Rained cats and dogs most of the night, dinghy was full of water, had to bail like crazy to get Baxter to shore (and it was still raining, oh the joys of dog ownership). Then the wind came up - blowing like stink. A short six miles to Ladysmith, and docking in the wind was certainly enjoyable...not. I politely declined when the dock boy asked me to move the boat farther up the dock, I was not inclined to go back out and fight the battle of docking into the wind all over again.

Said hello to Andrew Custis as he and the Granger Dougs were leaving! Always nice to see Andrew!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Blueback

City/Region: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Blueback
Photos: Blueback
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
In safe and sound at Ladysmith, but it sure was quite a night on the mooring buoy at Chemainus. Rained cats and dogs most of the night, dinghy was full of water, had to bail like crazy to get Baxter to shore (and it was still raining, oh the joys of dog ownership). Then the wind came up - blowing like stink. A short six miles to Ladysmith, and docking in the wind was certainly enjoyable...not. I politely declined when the dock boy asked me to move the boat farther up the dock, I was not inclined to go back out and fight the battle of docking into the wind all over again.

Said hello to Andrew Custis as he and the Granger Dougs were leaving! Always nice to see Andrew!

Good on you Pat - and wife ? for braving the weather Gods to get there. It was blowing just short of a gale north of Nanaimo in the Strait this morning - with rain showers. Although we booked a birth at the marina and told the gathering group we would travel down island and be there-- our plans were unavoidably changed.
We were on a list for our house to be painted and suddenly the contractor said "I can fit you in now on-- July 24th-!. So we phoned the Ladysmith Marina and asked them to give up our booked birth and offered to pay them for any loss if it was not taken up by another. They said 'no problem ' they would easily fill our spot.
Sorry for being a no--show and hope you have a great time.
Geoff and my Dear mate Aline --from Qualicum Beach.

3-Work at rebuilding the endangered runs of salmonids on the West Coast
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous event so far!! So nice to visit with dear friends old and new
Blustery traveling conditions for many today but c dory's get the job done
Thanks Bill and Dorothy, Rhonda and Blake and Sherry and Dave for hosting another fun event
Ladysmith is a great location for a gathering, Fox and Hounds for dinner was great
Thanks everyone for coming
Carolyn and George
Paddle-2tc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blueback wrote:
Pat Anderson wrote:

Good on you Pat - and wife ? for braving the weather Gods to get there. It was blowing just short of a gale north of Nanaimo in the Strait this morning - with rain showers. Although we booked a birth at the marina and told the gathering group we would travel down island and be there-- our plans were unavoidably changed.
We were on a list for our house to be painted and suddenly the contractor said "I can fit you in now on-- July 24th-!. So we phoned the Ladysmith Marina and asked them to give up our booked birth and offered to pay them for any loss if it was not taken up by another. They said 'no problem ' they would easily fill our spot.
Sorry for being a no--show and hope you have a great time.
Geoff and my Dear mate Aline --from Qualicum Beach.

Geoff and Aline, So sorry you are not with us, and we completely understand - the wind was howling from the southeast south of Dodd Narrows and up into the Ladysmith area. And it sounds as though you were lucky to get bumped up on the painters' list. Next time for sure!

Bill and Dorothy
Blue Skies
Paddle-2tc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've lost track of the boat count - 26 perhaps? It is a great turnout, and thanks all for braving the winds to get here. Tomorrow we have a good day - breakfast 9-10 am prepared by our own chefs Blake and Rhonda; geocaching seminar and walk led by Connie Paradis (Noddy Bleu) starting at 1030 am; what have you done to your boat lately at 1230 pm (bring your Wallas stove questions Smile ); a christening at 5 pm (bring your glasses - and something in them!); and our traditional potluck at 6 pm. Everything starts at the picnic tables. Have a lovely night in beautiful Ladysmith!

Bill and Dorothy
Blue Skies
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A HUGE thanks to Dorothy and Bill and Blake and Rhonda! Everything has been fantastic, the breakfast was above and beyond! (Brats - breakfast was scrambled eggs, waffles, ham, juice and coffee, all cooked up on a vintage Coleman white gas stove! Well, the coffee was Keurig). The geocaching talk and walk was really fun...who knew? I will have to get the app on my iPhone. Read about it([url=geocaching.com]here[/url], if you want to give it a try! The sharing of improvements on boats was interesting as always, we left with a few ideas for Daydream! And then the potluck, well, the group simply outdid itself this year. Another GREAT CBGT in the books, the bar has been set high for Bellingham!
Paddle-2tc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see everyone go. It was a wonderful get-together, and we are looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Happy boating!

Bill and Dorothy
Blue Skies
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Dorothy and Bill for organising this get together. Great location and a nice agenda. Great. to meet old friends and make new ones.
Paddle-2tc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May we have a photo album?
friendsoftilly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to Dorothy and Bill for organizing this event.
This was our first C-Brats get-together, and it was great to meet everyone and see all the interesting ideas for boat modifications and improvements.
It was an ideal location too.
We look forward to future events.
Thanks again
Nick & Vicky
Sea Rose
Captain Bella

City/Region: Port Angeles
Vessel Name: Irene
Photos: Bucket List
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you to those who organized and welcomed us to this event. Your selection of venue, facility, and agenda were all excellent.

Many of you have and continue to provide guidance to us with our adventures, and it was nice to meet in person.

Best Wishes

Susie, Jeff, and Bella the Boat Pug

2006 Skagit Orca 27XLC
2006 C Dory 22 Cruiser (re-homed)
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my privilege to do the christenings at Ladysmith! C-Gypsy and Little Bit! Scott and Barb from Little Bit were our friends from Lake Powell, so it was especially fun to do their christening!

A Fishin C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you organizers for the gathering. We really enjoyed our first CBGT. It was nice to finally meet some people from C-Brats. Great food and great fun! Enjoyed the geocaching intro and the christenings.

We will see you again at a future gathering.

Arianna, Alex, Farah and Stefan Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: