View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRAZO

City/Region: Full-time Travel
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meyer Meyer
Photos: BRAZO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Ketchikan Alaska - marina CD22 haul & outside storage Reply with quote

We are planning on taking our CD22 up the inside passage this summer and would like to store the boat on the hard in Ketchikan.

The plan would be to bring the CD22 up the inside passage, have the boat hauled and stored in Ketchikan, my wife & son would fly home, and I'd take the Alaska Marine Highway back to Bellingham where we'd have our View parked. Then the following year we'd fly into Ketchikan and take the boat further north and store again.

We won't have the trailer with us, so we would need the marina to be able to haul us out. Any suggestions on a marina that would be reasonably priced to haul and store our CD22 (outside storage is fine as we'll bring our cover)?

Thanks for your help.

20dauntless

City/Region: Mercer Island and Decatur Island
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Retriever and Nordic Tug 37
Photos: Retriever
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Timber & Marine, the local Honda dealer, haul my C-Dory and replace the impeller when I took the 22 to Alaska. Not sure if they do storage, but it's worth a call.

http://timberandmarine.com

BRAZO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20dauntless wrote:
I had Timber & Marine, the local Honda dealer, haul my C-Dory and replace the impeller when I took the 22 to Alaska. Not sure if they do storage, but it's worth a call.

http://timberandmarine.com

Thank You - I will contact them.
riversun45

City/Region: United States
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Gypsy river
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest storing your boat at Wrangell, AK rather than Ketchikan. I presently have my CD22 stored in Wrangell on the hard with a very reliable person checking on it every two weeks. Just sent him a check for $32 for the month of November. I had Bay Co pull the boat, service it, and mount it on blocks. They really do know what they are doing!! I looked into Ketch but found that most folks store at Wrangell as they make a business out of it. I then took the ferry from Wrangell to Bellingham after putting CD22 into storage. You can fly into Wrangell on AK Airline from just about anywhere on your return trip.
BRAZO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riversun45 wrote:
I would suggest storing your boat at Wrangell, AK rather than Ketchikan. I presently have my CD22 stored in Wrangell on the hard with a very reliable person checking on it every two weeks. Just sent him a check for $32 for the month of November. I had Bay Co pull the boat, service it, and mount it on blocks. They really do know what they are doing!! I looked into Ketch but found that most folks store at Wrangell as they make a business out of it. I then took the ferry from Wrangell to Bellingham after putting CD22 into storage. You can fly into Wrangell on AK Airline from just about anywhere on your return trip.

That sounds great. Do you store it with Bay Co? Is the reliable person checking on it available for another boat - is this their business? Is the $32/mo for the storage or the reliable person? Do you have any contact info?

Thanks for the info. Very much appreciate it.
riversun45

City/Region: United States
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Gypsy river
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The storage facility is operated by the City of Wrangell, Ports & Harbors Dept. Greg Meissner is the Harbormaster phone 907-874-373six or email at harborgreg@aptalaska.net. Bay company does not store boats but they have the trailer to get your boat to the storage (outside) and will do any maintenance that you require. David Powell is the manager of Bay Company, phone 907-874-334zero. The harbor requires that you have a local person check on your boat. His name is Kim Covalt and has the company Wrangell Security, phone 907-305-050five. I had Bay Co change oil, filters, and service lower unit. My BayStar hydraulic steering went out on me so I'm having them replace it with either SeaStar or another brand that they suggest this spring (probably in May). I talked to about 5-6 people on the doc's last summer and they all said that Wrangell is THE place to do boat storage.
BRAZO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'll be making some calls.

Thanks again and Have a nice day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: