bittersweet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
serenitymay1995

City/Region: Cumberland
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Gumption
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: bittersweet Reply with quote

we have sold anonymous. we have had such a good time with this boat and are really going to miss her. she always performed above and beyond the call for us. we also loved being c-brats, a great bunch and intend to still attend some events. yes pat I will bring some smoked salmon. I am encouraging the couple who bought anonymous to become c-brats, they are residents of Campbell river.
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittersweet! My whole life I have always heard that a boaters best days were the day the boat was bought and the day it was sold. In a testament to our boats, that does not seem to be the case with CDory owners. I don't recall any sales over the years where a seller wasn't reluctant to part with his pride and joy. Amazing loyalty to the brand with good reason.

Best to you and yours.....

Paddle-2tc

City/Region: Saskatoon
State or Province: SK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Blue Skies
Photos: Blue Skies
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Jamie and Denise, both on the sale of Anonymous and on the purchase of your new Camano. Looking forward to a tour at a C-Brat gathering this summer. Hope you can make the gathering in Ladysmith in July 2015.
Bill and Dorothy
serenitymay1995

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: bittersweet Reply with quote

we are going to still hit some gatherings for sure. how is the weather back there now. it looks pretty cold from what we see on the weather channel. the new to us boat is nice but as I said I am sure going to miss old anonymous as a fishing platform. hopefully Friday harbour is a go in 2015 and we can make it. we talked to bruce&ann about going down also, they are the new owners. see ya soon.
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jamie and Denise. Congrats again on the new boat.

We had a real bad cold spell when it was dry and the skies were clear as can be a couple weeks back but it has been relatively warm (up to the low to mid 50's F / 10 C) but quite windy and overcast lately w/ a lot of rain.

Look forward to seeing you both and the new boat at upcoming C-Dory Gatherings. Friday Harbor 2015 - likely in May again hopefully - seems like a long ways off but it gives us something to look forward to.

You would always be welcome to cruise on down and tie up nearby and then go over to the Seattle Boat Show (SBS) w/ us in late January (1/23 - 1/25/2015). You could also crash w/ us at our place for as long as you'd like on the way to the SBS before and/or after the SBS.

We have been staying over at the Silver Cloud Hotel the last couple of years for the SBS. The Silver Cloud is right across the street from the SBS so is extremely convenient in that respect offering folks the chance to maximize their time at the show (which also has a on-the-water piece out at nearby Lake Union for the larger boats - their is a free shuttle bus to and from the lake for SBS attendees) but also gives those that get tired an easy and quick cross the street jump to go back to their hotel to relax. Also, for those of us that live in the sticks. its a chance to visit the big city for a change.

Many Brats get together at Pat Anderson's Place on Friday night and last year we had a fantastic time getting together at the Seattle "Inn at the Market" courtesy of Peter Jamero.

Rogerbum rides herd over the C-Brat gang for the SBS Get Together and does a great job trying to bring us together as much as possible considering we are not all staying in a marina adjacent to one another as we do at the majority of 'wet' Gatherings (wet as in on the water on our boats.... chances are the SBS will be wet also but only via the rain).

Anyway, as I mentioned the Friday Harbor Gathering is regrettably a heck of a long way off timewise but you'd be very welcome to come on down for the SBS. Of course, you'd also be welcome just to come down and crash w/ us anytime SBS or otherwise!

Happy thanksgiving to all!

Take care,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah on C-Renity
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as you will still bring the smoked salmon!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

serenitymay1995

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: bittersweet Reply with quote

I thought you might notice that pat! will bring some of the finest when we come to a gathering.
serenitymay1995

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: bittersweet Reply with quote

dan we will do our best to try and get to the sbs this year. I would love to see everyone. I wonder if that really old couple from Bellingham (whoops did I say that out loud) will be there? if we come down we will just stay in seattle.
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing you guys at the SBS in the big city!

No idea who you are referring to related to the 'old couple' from Bellingham..... but maybe I will call Joe and Ruth to see if they know who you are referring to since they live up near that area and know most of the C-Brats very well.

Take care,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah on C-Renity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: