The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New C-Dory coming in
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattpartna

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: New C-Dory coming in Reply with quote

hey C-Brats, just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. Here at Waypoint in Seattle, we're getting our C-Dory ordered for the boat show, and I wanted some feedback on what kind of color you would like to see on the boat or any other things that will appeal at the Seattle Boat Show.
Your opinions would mean a lot to us and something we would like to take into consideration.
Hopefully we have some c-brats in here who have the same taste to make it easy on us!
C-Dawg

City/Region: Spanaway
Photos: C-Dawg
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The color is a no-brainer; clearly blue trim is by far the most appealing. Cool

A few years ago, Pat Anderson put together a collage of C-Brats' boats to reflect the different ways they can be outfitted. I think something like that would be interesting to perspective owners; help them visualize what they could do to their boat to fit their boating lifestyle.

C-Dawg sold November 2018
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if a 22 a high top is a good start, I'm 6'2", have one and it makes life on the boat a whole lot easier. Tall radar arch, windlass, offer an option other than a wallas for cooking and heat. We have a Webasto furnace, a Kenyon stove (Which we rarely use-we cook on propane in the cockpit). A 4 wheel trailer. There is endless debate over twins versus single. Have a source for canvas and interior curtains. One of the better things done in the past was inviting brats to man the booth, they showed their boats pictures, had a tripod with pictures to expand on the adventures. And on and on.
breausaw

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Triple J
Photos: Triple J
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: New C-Dory coming in Reply with quote

mattpartna wrote:
hey C-Brats, just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. Here at Waypoint in Seattle, we're getting our C-Dory ordered for the boat show, and I wanted some feedback on what kind of color you would like to see on the boat or any other things that will appeal at the Seattle Boat Show.
Your opinions would mean a lot to us and something we would like to take into consideration.
Hopefully we have some c-brats in here who have the same taste to make it easy on us!

16,19,22,25... What size you considering??

2007 22ft C-Dory Triple J 2007-2012
2007 25ft C-Dory Triple J 2012-2018
Boatless for now but looking
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darker red trim is absolutely the best. It is a specific C-dory color, don't know the name of it. All of the other trim colors make the boat look....we....more common.

Yeah, I have the red trim:)Smile

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally you would have two or three boats at the show. For example the 22 and the Tom Cat 255. That hits both ends of the spectrum, and most likely different types of buyers--difference in dollars, and speed/ride. At the very least, have line drawings of the interior layout of all of the boats, along with dimensions. (for example the length and width of the V berth, the size of dinette seats.) Also a list of options would be very desirable. I agree with the Radar Arch, windlass "dress up"…It shows more potential.

I like the Pacific Blue best, but only one of my boats was that color--two green, and current boat is black. It does not make a bit of difference.

Although a bimini and camper canvas is almost an essential, I would not have them on the boat for the show. The boat is harder to get into.

Have someone who is very knowledgable about the boats at the show to answer all of the questions. Since you don't own a boat, you cannot answer the questions--and lots will come up.

I happen to be a fan of the Wallas Stove; having a dual purpose stove will attract many potential buyers.

Agree that a slide show, and a poster with lots of photos of C Dorys in many parts of the country, and doing many activities--cruising, fishing, gatherings. For example get Jody to give you a photo of the 18 boats at Powell this year, taken from the drone. The photo of the boats on the Columbia River Bar, Friday Harbor gathering etc.

Do not forget, the best salesman for the C Dory line are the owners!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone and everyone knows only one color rules. Black. Henry Ford sure didn't build RED cars.... Wink
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New C-Dory coming in Reply with quote

mattpartna wrote:
hey C-Brats, just wanted to get some opinions from you guys...

I think it's fantastic that you're asking Thumbs Up It gives me the feeling that you would be great to work with, and would listen to me as a (theoretical) customer.

When I was C-Dory shopping, I noticed the obvious, which is that there are a few colors that represent about 75% of the boats. Naturally I liked two of the "odd" colors the best (my own favorites are the "true" red and the light grey). In the end though I found a blue one that was just right, so I now have blue. And love it of course Very Happy I think my "vote" for a boat show boat would be true red if it's possible to get one. I think it looks great, it's a dynamic color, and it's slightly unusual in a C-Dory. That said, I think all of the colors are "good," and which one is more just a personal thing. The other thing I would like to see as a shopper is some sort of listing/photos/ideas/prices of just what the options are. Sometimes you don't know what you want (or what is possible) till you see it Very Happy

Ultimately though, I think the great lines of the C-Dory will bring people in (no matter the color) and then what will "wow" them will be your attitude in asking them just what you asked us, i.e. "your opinion means a lot to us." That's gold to me when I'm shopping for something.

I hope you have a fantastic show!

Sunbeam
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a 16, the cutest and most affordable, a 22, the most popular, and a Tom Cat ...

"...we're all in the same boat..."
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should buy whatever trim color you can get cheapest, and then both buy a matching color jacket from Henri Loyd on sale or West Marine. Whenever ya'll have a question regarding lack of tastefulness, I can always offer a worthless opinion for free.
Cheers!
John

Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As many C-Dories as are out there, there are also opinions as what is best; from colors to options, thus its strength.

After stating the obvious earlier here, just a thought of a subtle 'safety' item.

If and when the camper back is offered, include a full width zipper running close to the cabin roof line that will allow the owner to enter and exit the cockpit without ducking under the top. [This was an after thought when I purchased it locally for SEA ANGEL, I'm 6' 2".] It also allows me to mount the anchor lite without leaving the cockpit, since I had the factory mount it above the cabin door(not everyone will go this way since it is in dry storage with its rack clearance as a challenge).

By the way, SEA ANGEL was ordered with blue trim - sharpest little cruiser in the area and easiest on the eyes inside and out!

Art

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

localboy wrote:
Anyone and everyone knows only one color rules. Black. Henry Ford sure didn't build RED cars.... Wink

Hey Mark, maybe Henry didn't but someone down the line sure did.

Img RED 57 Ford T-Bird Convertable IMG*

Should be a RED 57 T-Bird there. Besides, in pigments, black is really the accumulation of all the other colors Laughing

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

PS: That did not work well. H

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattpartna

Thanks for asking, and good to see you back here so soon. So now you have opened the door, and already have a peek at the C-Brats passion and diversity.

Best color.......hhmmmmm, My favorite, the one that keeps the water on the outside......of course Cool

I would look closely at the options, those listed and some others.

It might be a new idea for the factory, but one option that should be available is to have the forward voids under the V-birth left without foam and available for storage.

The Brass strip on the bow stem should be an option, eliminating the screw hole penetration possibilities.

The aft lazzurets MUST have the proper covers, specified for horizontal application. this was a huge issue that we (C-Brats) went through and many of us fixed, that was absolutely a factory screw-up.

As to color; Everyone knows that red shows up best on the water, (Except for high-vis lime green) so maybe that would be good. Personally, I think Cabernet (the darker red) is the better choice.

And as to Twins, vs Single....... not going there now.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are to show a boat with every possible option available from the factory. When seeing a car at a carshow, the manufacturer will display a totally loaded model.

It would also be nice to see the factory begin offering aftermarket options such as bow mounted light and windlass, etc.
mattpartna

City/Region: Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. We still have a lot to think about, but you guys are definitely making it easier. Now we have something to refer to when making our decision on what to do with the boat we order. Again thanks C-Brats. looking forward to hearing more opinions on this topic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: