The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

23 Venture Berth layout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: 23 Venture Berth layout Reply with quote

Did I miss something of is this design something new? I like it! Could use it to store longer items or keep things a little more accessible.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album2227&id=1566_addmain6_1&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: 23 Venture Berth layout Reply with quote

If you take out the center partition you lose space out of the large forward compartment. This was the way our 08 was built.
D.D.

Will-C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: 23 Venture berthlayout Reply with quote

chimoii

State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Chimo
Photos: Chimo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours is the same so maybe that was just the way Fluid built the boats. I love it.

BTW, I see you have the same Velcro in place to stop the large cushion sliding. What did you use to stick the Velcro to the hatch cover?

Thanks

Will-C

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: 23 Venture Berth Layout Reply with quote

Chimoii
We removed all the velcro. At one time we removed half of the stock foam from the berth cushions and put memory foam to replace the half we removed. That was not the answer and so since we had zippers put on the factory cushions we switched the foam back to all the factory stuff. Then we made up a topper with 4" memory foam egg crate type, still not happy, as this slid around and did not hold the cushions in place very well. So we added a second piece of 4" memory foam with the egg crate sides facing each other and that was the answer. We had a professional canvas guy make the bag with a non slip material on the bottom and Sunbrella on the top. The non slip surface of the new berth shaped bag keeps the Cushions from moving. No need anymore for the velcro. So we have the original factory cushions with their standard foam; the two pieces of 4" memory foam with the egg crate side facing each other so it's only about 5" thick in a non slip bottomed berth shaped bag. A berth shaped sleeping bag system called a TravaSak sits on top of that. We just sleep on top of everything and have a queen sized medium weight comforter to cover us up. We spend up to 30 days on the boat at a time and sleeping in the berth is never a problem. It took us a while of trail and error but this works great for us.
D.D.
williwaw

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Williwaw
Photos: Williwaw
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that the 2007 Cape Cruiser has no storage under the v-berth, just flotation foam. I'd love to have all that space for seldom accessed items.
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

williwaw wrote:
I can tell you that the 2007 Cape Cruiser has no storage under the v-berth, just flotation foam. I'd love to have all that space for seldom accessed items.

Quite a few people have removed V-berth foam in order to create storage, and/or have access to the hull. It's not required in this size boat, and indeed, some boats have lots, some have little, some have none. Seems to depend on the year/week (person?) building it. So if you do have it, it's a personal choice whether or not to remove or modify it.

I remember that Casey has photos in his album of removing the foam on his CC23. I just did my boat this summer and have been meaning to write it up.

('course you still want to watch your weight in the bow for performance.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: