The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

02/27 - 03/01 - St. John's River Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foggy

City/Region: Traverse City; Northern Lake Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Boatless in Boating Paradise
Photos: W B Nod
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne and I have thought of going from Green Cove Springs to Sanford and back
in middle to late February. This is supposed to be the most scenic and natural
navigable part of the St Johns, or so we've been told.

Though, we have firm commitments for March in Florabama and then the first part
of April on the May River near Hilton Head, we may be in a position to mingle.

I'll stay tuned in...

Aye.

Dan & Judy

City/Region: Woodstock
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: True Love
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: St. John's gathering Reply with quote

We are definitely interested in your next get-to-gather. We use to live on the St. John's at San Mateo, south of East Palatka.
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff......good to see you back on the Brats site....can I put you down for "Keeper of the Fire" again this year? Also have not forgotten about flying you over the Ocklawaha.....it's just that my plane is being repainted. Will not be done till December.

Don and Autumn....glad you make it again this year. Hope you have time to tell us about your trips this year.

Bill and Becky.....Wow....you sure must like Hontoon State park....but so do Joyce and I. We will make sure to say Hi in February as we spend a lot of time there. Lots of Blue Days!

Everyone.....if you can plan some extra time on the St. John's! Either before or after the gathering. It's one of the nicest rivers around. Hontoon island State Park is a real gem for boaters! Great rangers and volunteers. Stop in for a night or two.

At the gathering we take a free will offering for the food and supply's for our Friday night and Saturday night meals with all extra funds going to the support of new projects at Hontoon Island.

More later.....Thanks and "C" you on the St. John's!
Tom and Joyce Schulke

2004 CD22 Commuter Out2C
jimicliff

City/Region: Mount Dora
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ocklawaha Queen
Photos: Ocklawaha Queen
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: fire keeper Reply with quote

l'll do fire again but I'm sure hoping it will be seasoned this time. I really won't bother if its not, if you remember I had to stay on it every minute, I'd rather watch Matlock reruns than sit in the smoke again. Looks like we're gonna have a lot of new guests this year doesn't it.
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Cliff......the fire wood that we purchased at Hontoon was the worst I've ever seen. I'll be sure that they have seasoned wood this year. If not I'll pick some up elsewhere. I promise you.....no unseasoned wood and NO Matlock reruns....ever!

You did a great job last year!

It seems that most everyone that was there last year is coming back again and lots of new folks. I am sure with good weather we will have a record number of C-Brats.

Now......who do we put in charge of weather?

Thanks.....Tom Laughing
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll handle the weather! Not good for anything else, oh, maybe some cash Wink
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious if anyone from the PNW is considering going to this event or the area around this time. Just curious. Also, for long range planning, is this likely to happen again, in 2016?

Not ready to make any commitments but there is some interest on my part. Warm weather and warm water do have some appeal.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

rbenlon

City/Region: Ft Myers Beach
Vessel Name: DunWurkn
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and would like to attend this event - our first as a C-brat!
Molly Brown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your profile lists a 24' TomCat! And your just down the road. I was not aware of any others except for "Argo" in my hometown and "Destiny" down in Bonita Springs. I look forward to making your acquaintance at the gathering. We will be heading up a week to 10 days early since Betty has firm work responsibilities shortly after the event. Welcome to the C-Brat club. Cool
Rcbeach

City/Region: Ocean Pines
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: DreamChaser
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just signed up for the gathering and looking forward to meeting everyone. We plan to launch at Lake Monroe Park Thursday and travel to Hontoon Island State Park Friday morning for the gathering. After the gathering our plans are to travel down river and eventually wind up in Jacksonville Beach.

I have two questions:

1. Hontoon Park indicated that the slips are first come first serve. Is this a busy season for the Park and if so should we plan on getting there earlier?

2. We plan to leave our rig at Lake Monroe Park. The Park attendant indicated that it is a safe place. Does anyone have experience with leaving their rig for a week on more at that Park?

Thanks,

Dick & Suzanne
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey --
You'll love the St. John's River. Many birds, manatees, great places to hook for the nite-- we had a manatee wake us up on the middle of the nite at An anchorage -- it was scratching it 'a back by rubbing on our hull. Had two little Grandkids with us and it was the adventure of their life -- they even spotted an alligator! Best to you - El and Bill

Molly Brown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've never seen the marina full even with our event last year and I believe we had around 17 boats. Worst case we will let you have our slip and we'll go on the hook and dingy in. I have to dingy Betty over to the other side of the river at 0400h Sunday morn so she can run the Swamp House half marathon in DeBarry again anyway. Have no fear about coming.

We left our rig a few times at the Lake Monroe Park, once for 2 full weeks over the 07/08 New Years period. It is not secure but it has a very nice ramp. We've never had any trouble there. We have also used the public ramp at the Monroe Harbor Marina is downtown Sanford. Very busy area and limited parking. Again, not secured but there is 24/7 activity and we did not have a problem leaving it there over 10 days. Some others could chime in about the Sanford Boat Works & Marina just east of town on highway 415. If memory serves, it has a decent ramp and secure storage for a charge. There is a shallow spot getting into the lake I hear but hasn't stopped anyone from using it.
Last year we used the Sam Stone Park and Boat Ramp just outside of Deland. This is also a non secured public park with good ramps and plenty of parking. Had no trouble there either. Actually we've never, ever had any trouble at the myriad of public ramps we have used all over the state, knock on wood.
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Nov. 18 Update! Reply with quote

I was on the Saint Johns last week south of Ed Stone Park and the river is very high. At Blue Springs the sandy area that we usually beach on was under about a foot of water. I was able to get my passengers to shore with minimum discomfort but ours was the only boat there. All the ramps are fine and Hontoon Island docks are floating docks so no problem there. I plan on making an over night trip from Astor to Ponce De Leon Springs soon. Last time I barely made it with the Out2C.....should be easy now.

James....I am glad you will have the weather covered. 75 sunny degrees should work for most. Thanks also for the boat ramp information. I have not had any problems at any of the ramps.....even on the day the passenger window was accidently left open with the GPS in the window. My bad! Some use the Astor Marine 352-759-3655 for secure long term storage. I will be using Holly Bluff Marina 800-237-5105 to store my trailer. My truck will again be at the parking area for Hontoon Island for food runs.

Dick and Suzanne......Welcome...we all look forward to meeting you at the gathering! Slips should not be a problem if you arrive on or before Thursday. Friday AM should be fine also. Its Friday when the weekenders may show up. A friend can save one slip for another so we can reserve a few for late boats that contact us. PM me for my phone number if needed.

Dan and Judy....also welcome. Be sure to contact me if you have any questions.

Harvey....This gathering started as a conversation with two other C-brats. A date was set and the first gathering was a huge success. C-brats are a diverse fun bunch that cooperate, laugh, eat a lot, tell stories and love there boats. Unless we "get run over by a freight train" we plan on hosting this again in 2016

rebelon....welcome.....where are you coming from?

More latter....Tom Schulke

C-Dory 22 Commuter OUT2C

P.S. for anyone that is planning to come please use the Event Sign up to let us know of about how many to plan for. Thanks
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a really fun event, as are CBGT's in many places in the country, and I am watching this carefully. It may be a season early for me as I am coming from NW Washington state. This would be more than a weekend trip and I would need to incorporate it into a seasonal trip lasting a couple of months, or so.

I am ordering some Florida maps and some gulf and SE info to work on some planing. 2016 sounds like a really good, practical opportunity. I will keep reading along and making notes.

Thanks for the continued updates.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey

Yep...quite a trip coming from the North West! But....I know that you could do months of boating here in Florida. East coast, gulf side, ICW, Keys and inland rivers like the St. John's make Florida a great winter destination. You mite consider other Brat gatherings like the one on the Mississippi River and the one that Wefing's holds in East Point, Florida but that would make it a 6 month trip! Why not? Friends Casey and Mary spent 9 months on their Cape Cruiser in 2013.

Have fun with the maps and we will plan to "C" you in 2016

Tom and Joyce .....Out2C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: