The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

02/27 - 03/01 - St. John's River Gathering
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: 02/27 - 03/01 - St. John's River Gathering
From 27 Feb 2014 to 01 Mar 2014 (included)

Time now to plan for the Second St. John's river gathering at Hontoon state park. The dates we are looking at are Friday February 27 through Sunday March 1. Of course people can come and go as they wish. Last year we had 17 C-Dorys and Cape Cruisers attend! Lots of the greatest people in the world C-Brats! The staff at Hontoon Island State Park are looking forward to our return! Boating, campfires, food and fellowship are on the docket. If you were here last year you know what I am talking about. If you've never boated this area you are missing an adventure. The boat slips are only about $20 bucks plus tax with water and electric.....less if your over 65 and a Florida resident.

Tom and Joyce Schulke
Out2C
C-Dory 22 Cruiser

Added to Calendar
Signup list
-TyBoo
hank clow

City/Region: L'Anse
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meri Aura
Photos: Meri Aura
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Gathering at Hontoon State Park Reply with quote

We look forward to the February gathering and this time we'll have our c-dory with us.

Hank and Pat Clow
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom and Joyce(the "other" one), Smile, were hosts extraordinaire last year. We'll put it on the calendar and see where we are at after the first of the year. Those of you planning a Florida cruise this winter should not miss this. It is some of the best cruising in Florida, and us coastal types really, really enjoy the fresh water. Another great advantage is the ability to find protected water when the fronts come through. You can't go wrong with a St.John's River cruise!!!
Stan Major

City/Region: DeLand
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: The Pegstan
Photos: The Pegstan
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it that time already? I may finally have to try and spend a night or 2 on the boat.
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom & Joyce!
I don't know if 2 weeks earlier would make a significant difference in weather risk (northerlies), but Mon Feb 16 is a Federal Holiday for the for the 47% of us latched onto one Federal teat or another (I'm a contractor, Eileen is Civil Service).
Anyway, we enjoyed last years posts. We could launch at NAS JAX marina and drive truck/trailer down to Sanford and Enterprise back up...or just boat both ways, depending on how many slow/no wake zones there are. Do you have advice or a resource on that?
Cheers!
John

Flint

City/Region: Marathon
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Grace Full
Photos: Grace Full
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: St. Jonhs gathering Reply with quote

We have done the St. Johns in a 42' sundeck trawler in 2011. We now have a 26' Venture C-Dory and would love to do the St. Johns again. We spend the winter in the Keys so coming to Green Cove Springs is no problem. Keep us posted and hopefully we can make it. I know it's a great cruise.
Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We expect to be in AZ for the first few/several weeks of 2015 (downsizing 'stuff and getting a house ready to put on the market...) but if we can get back to The Villages in time we'll be there!

Best,
C&M

Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We could launch at NAS JAX marina and drive truck/trailer down to Sanford and Enterprise back up...or just boat both ways, depending on how many slow/no wake zones there are. Do you have advice or a resource on that?"
Cheers!
John[/quote]

The river from Jacksonville to Palatka is somewhat industrial. From Palatka south I think the river is much more interesting. And it gets better the more south you head.The plan to get the trailer down to Sanford and get a rental car back to the boat would be my choice. Stop at Georgetown before crossing Lake George nice town and a decent marina. There is a nice stop off of Lake George called Silver Glen Springs on the west side of Lake George. Crystal clear 72 degree fresh water year round. Can get crowed on the weekends. Check location using Active Captain. They say the ten miles or so crossing Lake George can get rough if the wind kicks up. Then stay at Hontoon State Park or Holly Bluff Marina and then on to Sanford. In Sanford there is a decent German restaurant and an attached bakery that is a decent dinner or lunch spot. Nice marina and town to stroll around. Check Active Captain for places to launch and marinas or anchorages to stop at along the way. Safe Travels,
D.D.

Tad and Toby Jackson

City/Region: Merritt Island
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: Comfy Dory
Photos: Comfy Dory
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: St John's CBGT Reply with quote

How Exciting! Toby and I attended our first CBGT last year at the St. Johns gathering on the Comfy Dory. What a Hoot! Met some of the Folks that we had read about over the years and had a fantastic time. Good Food and New Friends. You can count on us to attend.
We will be spending a week on the St. Johns for our annual trip between Christmas and New Years', launching on Lake Harney and spending New Year's Eve somewhere in a cove or a bend in the River on the Hook...Best way to spend that night we have found. We'll do some exploring for new day trips at the CBGT. Can't wait to see everyone again and maybe some new Brats as well.
We just traveled down the ICW to St. Lucie Inlet from our home on Merritt Island last weekend and passed the 10,000 mile mark on the Comfy Dory since we bought her in July 2007. The Comfy does not like to sit idle for too long!
See Everyone in Feb.

Tad and Toby
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ....lots of interest this early.....great! Just got back from a scuba diving trip a little while ago in Marathon Florida and........Yes, you can SCUBA dive from a C-dory 22.

Hank and Pat...Glad you made it last year and this year even better with your boat! Great!

James and Betty.... Hope the Molly Brown and crew can make it! Fun to see you dock with 2 engines.

Stan.....Cliff slept on his 16......are you up to the adventure?

John....Sorry the dates were already set last year.....some folks leave their boat and trailer in Astor and cruse from there. I like the area from Astor to Sanford the best. Be fun to see a 25' tomcat. I'll post some notes on launch sites soon..... See the Will-C notes...good info.

Hope the Grace Full can make it. You'll love the river by the Deland area.

Casey and Mary.....I know all about downsizing! You'll get it done. See you at Hontoon.

Tad and Toby....glad you can make it for the second gathering. We will probably be on the river over Christmass time....hope to see the Comfy Dory while we are Out2C.

More later...Tom Schulke
Out2C 22 Commuter
90 honda
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: St John's Gathering Reply with quote

I'm planning to be there with our cc-23 . Jim
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reflection I see no reason not to commit. Just added us to the sign up list. Obviously looking forward to this cruise. We'll be on the river prior to and after the event as well so monitor 16 and keep an eye out for the crew of the Molly Brown, human and canine Wink
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through this thread, looking at posting dates, and looking for geographic information, (maybe it's because I'm from the left side), I am a bit confused.

Which year is this setting for? Prob 2015, but there is a early notation stating 2014.

Feb and Mar are coming up so 2015 seems logical. Could we see a full date set.

And Where, since there are more than one St Johns rivers to choose from? Appears most likely in Florida. Have not found that state park yet.

Sorry to be a pain. Just looking at future planning possibilities.

Thanks for the updates.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: 02/27 - 03/01 - St. John's River Gathering Reply with quote

Ya mon in 2015. The 2014 Feb train left awhile ago. Hoontoon State Park is near Deland Florida which is about 40 minutes west of Daytona beach. The St John's river runs north to Jacksonville, Florida where it dumps into the Atlantic ocean.
D.D.
voyager638

City/Region: tallahassee
C-Dory Year: 2014
Vessel Name: LAST HOORAH
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the process of purchasing a cruiser 25 and the Hontoon gathering may be fun. The boat is out of state at this time; but is plan to have it in florida by the time of the meet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: