View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost Petrel

City/Region: Potter Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Wild Blue
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Raymarine DSM300 "Watchdog Timeout Reboot" code Reply with quote

The sounder unit for my E80 seems to only want to give a reading when at a dead stop. Looking at the LED code blinks it is shows a "Watchdog Timeout Reboot" code. A Google search did not really come up with answers, only more questions, anybody seen this before?

http://lostpetrel.blogspot.com/
Other boats;
Cape Dory Typhoon
Pearson Ariel
My Galleries
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim,

Not familiar with that code; I have not had any issues with the depth finder. Did you try cutting the power from the main battery switch? Then restart the E-80. I have no doubt you are doing it this way, but the start sequence is: Depth Finder, Autopilot, then the E-80 and the VHF.

Look at the backlight around the large round knob to make sure the power is out to the main unit after shutting down.

In researching this, the only thing I could find regarding the Watchdog Timeout Reboot (first I've even heard of this) was that a firmware update from Raymarine may be needed. (from The Hull Truth forum)

Let me know if there's anything I can do from this end.

Best wishes,
Jim
Lost Petrel

City/Region: Potter Valley
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim, It has been a conundrum, but not one that is keeping us from going where we want. Smile I have been very careful about sequence and have tried the switching on and off several times. I will though double check the light behind the knob thing as I may not have every time. It appears to read fine when stationary but disappears when underway. First noticed it on the crossing of the Strait. I read about updating also, and will eventually contact Raymarine if necessary, but it is a little difficult while out here. We will be fine if we have to wait until home to do, fortunately most of our anchoring is in familiar spots and is not much of a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: