The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Third CD in the future? Forth Dory total?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Third CD in the future? Forth Dory total? Reply with quote

Well, in the next few days I'll know if the Tolly is going to a new home. In the mean time the wife and I continue to discuss our boating needs vs wants. (Yes boating can be a need! Like breathing.... Laughing) And we keep coming back to the C-Dory. Maybe it's because it's just such a versatile little boat. Maybe because it was our first boat with so many great memories. Maybe because of all the great people we have met along the way. Maybe because it is PNW suited. Maybe because their fun to own. Inexpensive to operate. But we keep coming back to the C-Dory and the family of boats and people it represents. It's probably a combination of all of the above. Either way I have started the process of looking and opening up the lines of communication with several potential sellers. Wish me luck on the sale of the Tolly and let's see what we can accomplish as we move forward towards another boat purchase looms.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, Byrick! On the sale of the Tolly and whatever else may follow!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can certainly say you are going into it knowing what it will be like Mr. Green

I hope you find a sweet one to bring home and make more memories with Love
bshillam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Going under contract tonight, Reply with quote

Well the boat God's are smiling. It hasn't been on the market more than two months and it's going under contract tonight. Survey on Monday with mechanical to follow. So I'll be on the hunt for the next family member! Can you say winter crabbing??
bshillam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Contract in hand Reply with quote

Hull out scheduled for Monday, should go well as the buyer is a previous boat owner and has a copy of a survey from about a year ago. It was very thorough so there shouldn't be any surprises.

Keep the suggestions coming for C-Dorys. Last night I just received two emails for boats available. Thanks Brats!
bshillam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Engine/mechanical survey Reply with quote

Went well today. Monday will be the hull survey. Got my eyes open for the next boat for the family. In no order,
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1984/Albin-27-Aft-Cabin-2754538/Charlevoix/MI/United-States#.VApbO_ldXnE

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985/Cape-Dory-Cape-Dory-Trawler-2140280/Sturgeon-Bay/WI/United-States#.VAp-3vldXnE

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1983/Island-Gypsy-Europa-2575124/Olympia/WA/United-States#.VAqzR_ldXnE

and of course a few C-dorys as well! Wink
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I found out about C-Dory's I was seriously considering the Albin 27 AC (I could have bought 2 for the price of my 22). The aft cabin is nice and if you get a camper back over the middle of the boat you can have a pretty big enclosed area with a cabin at each end. Some people say climbing over the aft cabin from the swim step gets old after awhile. Compared to the CD22 the Ablin is a much bigger boat. But this also means that it is not as portable and usually lives in a slip.

You might consider the Albin 25 AC. It has a similar layout as the 27 but is more readily trailerable. Like C-Dory's there are people who have traveled long ways in a 25 AC. http://shatooshandpashmina.blogspot.com/

There is a place in Baltimore MD that has an Albin 27 you can charter. You're location says you are in Bellingham, WA but if you're willing to get a boat from No. MI you might be interested in trying one out first. http://www.blugoose.com/
bshillam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: It's official Reply with quote

Talked with the buyer today, he is satisfied with his inspections of the Tolly. Going to closing.

Now comes the fun of the hunt! Thumbs Up Wink
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal Byrick! We hope to see you in a CD soon. I saw the Tolly on my way to the Victoria gathering a few weeks ago in B-Ham. Sharp looking boat! It was nice visiting with you in B-Ham last month. Good luck on the CD search.

Don
bshillam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Sold Reply with quote

So the Tolly was officially delivered this last week with about an two hour run down of the systems. The new buyer took the boat back to La Conner where I picked it up. Small world - but the boat is in much better shape returning.

On another note - I am looking for the right boat. I have looked again at the 22'. If anyone knows of a cruiser on the West Coast drop me a line. My budget keeps me closer to $20k. Unless she is turn key with heat and full camper back than I could go up slightly more.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: