City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom,

We were seeing alot of fish between the last powerlines to just a bit downriver of the hwy 9 bridge. Didnt see many fish downriver, around the trestle.

That was on the 1st half of the outgoing tide
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished 3 straight days of Coho fishing in the sound with mixed results. Went out with Caryn on Saturday but we got skunked. Sad
I took out my sister and her boyfriend from California + my sister from Kent on Sunday and we had a good day. The California sis caught her first fish ever. She and her bf caught small cookie cutter Coho out on the west side of possession. My Kent sis caught the fish of the day, a nice 8 lb 11 oz Coho out near the oil docks. All caught on white hoochies.we went 3 for 3. Thumbs Up
Today we took out my dad and his gf out but got skunked again. Sad

It was great communicating with my C-Brat fishing buddies, Kevin on Catch 22, Dwight on Checkpoint I I and Patrick on Kim Christine. It helps.a lot to have instant on the water Intel. Thanks guys.

If any other C-Brat would like to communicate with me, PM me your phone number.

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been fishing out of Westport for the past two weekends. Coho fishing out there right now is stupid easy. Limits every day without much effort. We caught and released about 20 fish this past Sat. AM and kept 4 of the nicer ones (1 king and 3 coho). Could have been done by 8AM if I was willing to settle for coho early but I wanted kings. After releasing many coho caught deep, I decided to fish up high and limited on coho in about 60 mins. The weekend before, we limited the boat two days in a row in about 3-4 hours with 5 people on board. It's nice to be able to fish the sound and save the travel time but it's so much easier to catch fish in the ocean, I find it worth the trip.
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skunked fishing at Possession yesterday. All the people I know got fish, but not us. Apparently there was bad juju on the boat, maybe that 22 I just sold put the hex on the 25, it being across the fence from it. Heck, I don't know.
Will wash all the gear and get fresh herring strips and try again this weekend.

Good job Peter!
Roger, I envy you my friend, love fishing the ocean!

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fished the light house to ship wreck to Poss. Point with out a hit. Got the lines in at 5pm and was back to the dock at 9 pm. Lots of fish on the screen but not bites. Storm was coming in so the barometer was dropping. Hope it picks up before the Salmon for soliders derby this weekend.
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a couple coconuts at the oil cans yesterday morning. We lost our share of fish too during that early morning bite. Green boards, green hootchies

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
tcr_pnw

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Photos: Sea Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be out Friday, Saturday (Salmon for Soldiers), and Sunday. If anyone is interested, feel free to drop me a PM with your number and I'll send mine as well to share realtime intel!

I do monitor 16 as well (Sea Star).

Troy
Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcr_pnw wrote:
I'll be out Friday, Saturday (Salmon for Soldiers), and Sunday. If anyone is interested, feel free to drop me a PM with your number and I'll send mine as well to share realtime intel!

I do monitor 16 as well (Sea Star).

Troy

Troy, monitor the C-Brat channel as well, Channel 68.

Peter
Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerbum wrote:
I've been fishing out of Westport for the past two weekends. Coho fishing out there right now is stupid easy. Limits every day without much effort. We caught and released about 20 fish this past Sat. AM and kept 4 of the nicer ones (1 king and 3 coho). Could have been done by 8AM if I was willing to settle for coho early but I wanted kings. After releasing many coho caught deep, I decided to fish up high and limited on coho in about 60 mins. The weekend before, we limited the boat two days in a row in about 3-4 hours with 5 people on board. It's nice to be able to fish the sound and save the travel time but it's so much easier to catch fish in the ocean, I find it worth the trip.

Roger, I know you're right. The ocean is the place to be. Next year for sure, I'm going to carve out 3-5 days to fish Westport or maybe Neah Bay. I know the ocean is much more productive. Just much farther.

Peter
tcr_pnw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzmanic wrote:

Peter

Will do!

Also, loving the new transom fishbox! (from Sunday)

Easily will hold 10-12 coho with ice and the large diameter overboard drain is great for cleanup w/o needing a macerator pump. Can easily be done on a CD22 as well.

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcr_pnw wrote:
Jazzmanic wrote:

Peter

Will do!

Also, loving the new transom fishbox! (from Sunday)

Easily will hold 10-12 coho with ice and the large diameter overboard drain is great for cleanup w/o needing a macerator pump. Can easily be done on a CD22 as well.

You did a great job on that. As someone who has replaced at least 4 macerator pumps on my fish boxes in the past 3 years, the design is appealing. Unfortunately, on the Tomcat, the only place to put such a design would be on the bracket/swim step. With a full load of fuel, the boat is a bit stern heavy already so I'm hesitant to add more weight to the stern.
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were out yesterday morning and it was painfully slow. We fished between the wreck and pilot point from about 6:30 to 10:30, trying everything from fresh herring, our trusty spoons, hoochies and got skunked. There was alot of boats out there for a Tuesday but very little action. I saw two very small fish caught amongst the fleet, but that is all. We're really hoping it picks up soon.
tcr_pnw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Weekend Report Reply with quote

Friday 9-12
In prep for SFS, we prefished on Friday and had a great day. Went 6/15 and 4 additional Chinook, one in the mid-teens. Took my father in-law and his son out (was his 20th bday). We started at dark and motored out. We fished the SE end of Possession Bar in the rips through high slack. Lost 2 Coho here but hooked and released 4 Chinook. All at 60-75ft of cable out in deep water. After the water started moving out we hit the Scatchet Head green can and pick a line out to the yellow can in shipping lanes. Here we boated the first fish but losing others (my patience was wearing thin with my crew!). We only ran one pass, then went to fish a productive line I've had going from midway to Shipwreck through Brown's Bay. We boated our last 5 fish, but still lost some. Ended the day just at low slack. Depths ranged from 60-90ft. Fished a Green Glow Hot Spot with Green Glow Spatterback/UV insert hootchie on one side, Red Racer with a Glow/UV insert hootchie on the other. I would say the Green Spatterback took most of the hits, maybe 2/3. Both always tipped with salted herring strips. Good day out!

Saturday 9-13 SFS
Hoping for a repeat on Salmon For Soldiers, we weren't that lucky. I should have stuck it out on the East Bar on the incoming, but didn't listen to my gut and chased around. We picked up one fish on the SE end of Possession, then went 1/2 on the outgoing in Brown's Bay. Our vets were ecstatic though and said they had one the best times fishing, so that was good to hear. The event as a whole was amazing and I feel fortunate to have been a part of it. Cannot wait until next year! If you did not participate, you must next year. All fish came on the Green Glow Hot Spot with Green Glow Spatterback/UV insert hootchie at 60 and 90ft.

Sunday 9-14
Slept in today and had a leisurely AM. Decided to go put around with the wife and maybe troll my line into Brown's Bay, coinciding with the tide change. She loves salmon on the table, but prefers not knowing how it got there. That being said we fished a little catch and release, hooking 3 fish in a little over an hour on the one pass. They all came on a Purple Haze Hot Spot towing a Green Glow Grand Slam Bucktail tipped with salted herring. 2 fish came at 90ft and one at 60ft. Lots of fun and the wife got some action shots. After that we hit up happy hour at Anthony's (pretty dang good one if you haven't been). Awesome weekend with great weather!

Jazzmanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Troy. You're a salmon-catching machine. Great pic!

And thanks for the Intel. Much appreciated.

Peter
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Report you guys.
Wife and I spent the weekend on the boat and we fished on Saturday. Cool to see all of you guys who participated in Salmon for Soldiers. I will be signing up for next year. We'll get a C-Dory squadron going.
Saturday we went 4 for 5. Picked up on on the east side of Possession mid channel at 60' and then trolled down to Edmonds. Other salmon in front of the marina out in deep water and coming on 100-110' on the wire. Best rig was purple haze flasher with a light green glow spatterback squid with chartreus ace high fly insert with herring strips.

Anthonys has a great peach crumble dessert at the bar for Saturday after bbq salmon and prawns. Cool they have a bbq to use at dock 6 north and in front of Anthonys.

Planning to be out this weekend, too. Let's keep the info flowing, looks like a great run coming. Yee Haw!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: