HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

29'c-dory owner the story

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boatlovin

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 29 Venture
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: 29'c-dory owner the story Reply with quote

well I bought the beast, after getting everything fixed including the tunnel wedge that the factory never put in, I have thank darren the engineer that designed the boat for walking me though that process of the wedge which forces the bow down but not to much because you still want tabs. lets get to stats the boat is great on fuel 2miles gallon cruising on avg 20mph the boat will do 27 a have had it going 32 coming down a swell going though the tatooshe cut with a in coming tide I had to back off before I hit the hole at the end of the swell. The boat has been in water where all the other boats are staying in never has the boat had green water come over it. One time I was coming in with nw swell at 10 feet with out going minus tide with 2foot wind wave with fog I said boys no turning back, all I could see is walls of water and that boat went though with no green water and my buddy setting on the deck chair, he came in after the cut and said that was the most awesome thing hes has ever been though, me to after I pulled my white fingers from the steering wheel.One more I was turning around in heavy swell and turn to crab some thing and my coat sleeve caught the throttle full blast well it dug in the trough of the swell bringing the boat into death swell grip the boat was on its side me looking at the water trying with all my might to release the death grip well the boat came out of it and my buddy got out from under the table he said to that's what I f;l;ken want to see how much this f;;ken boat could take, well you will never see a 29 with the low fuel usage at 20mph and the ride is very soft. Fallowing seas I would rate the boat good but with any boat in a following sea you have to become one with boat and no how that swell is about to react on your boat and counter react
starcrafttom

C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Nice to see you on the site. That boat does sound like it handles a lot better then I thought it would or then I heard it did after you put the wedge in. i never could figure out why the builder did not follow the design they paid for?? Just never made since to me.

Glad you are out fishing the coast. Are you going to fish the silver here in the sound? I am putting my boat in a Everett slip for a month to get some trailer work done and to fish the silvers. See you on the water.

BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks

I think everyone wants to see som pics

amy and karl

City/Region: Graham
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-DAISY
Photos: C-DAISY
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pleasure meeting you out in Neah Bay last month. Thanks again for giving the girls and me a tour. It really changed our minds about the 29 to see one set up for fishing and cruising on the water. Awesome boat!! Please let us know when your ready to sell that one.

Happy fishing,

Karl and crew.
boatlovin

C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 29 Venture
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amy and karl wrote:
It was a pleasure meeting you out in Neah Bay last month. Thanks again for giving the girls and me a tour. It really changed our minds about the 29 to see one set up for fishing and cruising on the water. Awesome boat!! Please let us know when your ready to sell that one.

Happy fishing,

Karl and crew.
caught some big kings down at father and son, not the best year limited once with six
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the C-Brat site. Very interesting report. Thanks for sharing that. I'm with Brent, (and I'm sure there are more) who would like to see pictures. Hope yhou are planning on coming to Friday Harbor for the CBGT there in May.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: