The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

A Maine Gathering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: A Maine Gathering Reply with quote

We haven’t had a C-Brat gathering in Maine in some time. So, we’re wondering if any C-Brats would like to have a Downeast gathering. We’re thinking of the 9/4 – 9/7 timeframe, after the summer hoards have gone. The gathering could be any part of that timeframe if a C-Brat doesn’t want to do the whole time.

As in the past we’re thinking of a cruise gathering. We’d cruise each AM for a couple hours and stop for lunch, then cruise for a couple hours to an overnight anchorage or marina. We’d raft for meals and sundowners if we weren’t ashore.

We have a few options available for a cruise area where there are good ramps that allow overnight parking. We could do it in Casco Bay, the Midcoast Rivers region, Penoboscot Bay, or Moosehead Lake. All 4 of these areas provide great opportunities for 2 –4 day cruises.

If any are interested in joining us, please post your preferences for where you’d like to cruise.

Rick from Maine
Moxieabs

City/Region: Cape Neddick
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Widget
Photos: Widget
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widget is ready to cruise any of the mentioned areas. Should be no hoards of tourists or insects.
triton1

City/Region: Fernandina Beach
State or Province: FL
Photos: Fan-C-Dory
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Maine gathering Reply with quote

Fan-C-Dory votes for a Casco Bay cruise the first week of Sept.. We suggest going to Eagle Island and take the golf cart tour of the State Park, along with checking out Admiral Peary's famous home on the island. We could over night at Jewell Island or the anchorage over at Cliff Island. Perhaps we could make reservations at Sebasco Resort Inn the following evening? Just a few suggestions, however we are open to any suggestions with in the Casco Bay Area.
miss ellie

City/Region: Belfast
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Miss Ellie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Maine Cruise Reply with quote

This cruise is a cool idea and Casco a great area to explore. Unfortunately we will be traveling out of state the first week of Sept. and won't return to Belfast until 9/8.
In addition to Triton1's excellent suggestions, we have enjoyed a brief stopover at the Chebeague Island inn. Their covered porch looks out over the water to the West, and is a great place to stop for a late afternoon beverage, before heading to an anchorage.
Sorry we cannot make this trip and hope to participate next year.
Moxieabs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished a fun 2 day cruise with Hunky Dory. We launched down river from Bath on the Kennebec and had a lobster roll lunch in Five Island Harbor, cruised on through Townsend Gut into Boothbay Harbor and on to Damariscotta where we met a fellow C-Dory owner Mike, St. Jimmy was his 22 crusier. Spent the night on the hook in Seal Cove. Cruised up river to Wiscasset for a stroll and lunch. Then back to the Kennebec by way of Hell's Gate and Oven Mouth off the Hocomock Bay. So now we are ready for the September cruise.
breausaw

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Triple J
Photos: Triple J
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to make it to a Maine gathering, unfortunately the logistics of getting there are unrealistic. I grew up in York Beach and have never been back. For daycare my mother left me with a Lobster fishing family, was friends with the Nubble Lighthouse kids and remember lobster bakes on the beach.
That was back in the mid 50s to early 60s, another time. In a couple of years we plan on purchasing an RV on the east coast and visiting the places of my youth, then travel Cross country back to Alaska.
I will be curious what remains of that time so may years ago.

2007 22ft C-Dory Triple J 2007-2012
2007 25ft C-Dory Triple J 2012-2018
Boatless for now but looking
Moxieabs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay,
Small world; my wife is from York Corners and we now live in Cape Neddick. Her grandmother was a Chase of the Chase's Garage family.
Moxieabs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

I'm gonna vote for Penobscot Bay, Vinalhaven/Northaven, perhaps Ile Au Haut.
Moxieabs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

Sorry to complicate things (such is life), my son votes for Moosehead. Perhaps Carol would be more inclined to participate to this destination (more shopping & opportunities to disembark).

Dave
mccml

City/Region: Montoursville, PA
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Crystal Sea
Photos: Crystal C
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to make this years Maine gathering. My daughter is due any day now and grandma won't want to miss the baby's birth. But, count me in next time. I have done some kayaking around Bar Harbor and Bakers Island. I would love to cruise with a group that knows the area.

Mark and Carol
(Crystal Sea)
Rick from Maine

City/Region: No. Berwick
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Maine Gathering Reply with quote

The 2014 Maine Cruise Gathering will be on Moosehead Lake. The tentative itinerary is:
1. 9/4 - Launch in Greenville around noonish and overnight anchorage on beach at head of Lily Bay (or Keno if wind is wrong).
2. 9/5 - Play on lake, official dinner at the restaurant next to the Greenville launch ramp. Wind dictates direction.
3. 9/6 - Play on lake or be in Greenville for the Annual Greenville Fly-in. Then haul boats.
4. 9/7 - Possible haul out day if we have too much fun on Saturday to leave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: