View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Smart Plug Deals Reply with quote

BrentB wrote:
https://mailchi.mp/1a8ab4954a29/smartplug-shore-power-sale?e=0dd6858c52

Pretty much the same price as Amazon.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Rand McNally Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reply with quote

BrentB wrote:
Rand McNally Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Store: eBay
Price: $29.99
Shipping: Free shipping
Lowest By: $84

If you're "tired" of the "pressure" to overpay for car maintenance, then we have the deal (and the tortured wordplay) for you. This Rand MacNally system has dropped to it's best price yet: a massive $84 less than you'd pay elsewhere. It measures temperatures from -40°F to 257°F and pressures up to 80 PSI.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rand-McNally-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System/192607091670

Any idea IF 2 of these sets (each one monitors 4 tires) could be use to monitor like this: One set for the truck tires, and another set for the trailer tires?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Rand McNally Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
BrentB wrote:
Rand McNally Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Store: eBay
Price: $29.99
Lowest By: $84

If you're "tired" of the "pressure" to overpay for car maintenance, then we have the deal (and the tortured wordplay) for you. This Rand MacNally system has dropped to it's best price yet: a massive $84 less than you'd pay elsewhere. It measures temperatures from -40°F to 257°F and pressures up to 80 PSI.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rand-McNally-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System/192607091670

Any idea IF 2 of these sets (each one monitors 4 tires) could be use to monitor like this: One set for the truck tires, and another set for the trailer tires?

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Yes, but the maximum distance is 10 meters (from another website that gave these figures). The detailed reviews of TPMS brands often say that the distances given are inflated (no pun intended). 10 meters is one of the longer distances for these systems. Mine is 10 meters and, although my distance is a little shorter, I don't appear to get updates as routinely as my documentation states. It still seems often enough, but I suspect I may go several minutes between updates on the trailer tires. Often enough to see if a bearing was going, but not the instantaneous readings claimed in the owner's manual.

The reviews also suggested that what is between the monitor and the sensors effects reception distance (not surprising). A camper or canopy on a truck could be enough interference to impair the transmission.

I had my TPMS go off for the first time at Lake Powell. When I pulled my boat out of the water, one trailer tire beeped and showed low pressure. The wheel and tire was wet, the wind was blowing, and it was on the shady side. The drop in temperature caused by evaporative cooling was enough to drop the tire pressure below my low pressure setting (36 psi). After a few minutes, the tire warmed back up to ambient temperature (85 degrees) and pressure was fine. Nice to see it is that sensitive.

I wasn't using my trailer or tow vehicle at night at Yellowstone (20 degrees). The TMPS might have gone off for all tires in that case. Pushing any button turns off the beeping and flashing, but then its up to the driver to make sure that everything is okay.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mark. I have a TPMS on my motorcycle. First experience with one and it is amazing to see the fluctuations as I ride. Making me really consider a system for the Boat trailer too.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for late reply as I dont receive topic notifications and the settings in set to ON. Yes 2 sets will work.
The effective range for Class B bluetooth gizmos is approx 33 feet.
As a side comment, I installed the TPMS and tire pressures was lower than my dial gauge by several psi. I bought a Consumer Reports recommended digital pressure gauge from Amazon and found my vintage Sears dial gauge was bad, and digital gauge agreed with TPMS readings.

I think the deal is over on ebay and Best Buy

Last edited by BrentB on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrentB wrote:
Sorry for late reply as I dont receive topic notifications and the settings in set to ON. Yes it will work. There are 4 sensors -one for each tire but not hard coded so you move them to a trailer. The effective range for Class B bluetooth gizmos is approx 33 feet.
As a side comment, I installed the TPMS and tire pressure was lower than my dial gauge by several psi. I bought a Consumer Reports recommended digital pressure gauge from Amazon and found my vintage Sears dial gauge was bad, and digital gauge agreed with TPMS readings.

Brent, I asked IF you could use 2 sets, each of 4 sensors, one for the truck and one for the trailer, monitoring all 8 tires at the same time?.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

BrentB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harvey

My mistake. I thought I corrected my posting but the answer is I dont know and have not tried it on the phone. I assume you install 2 apps or one apps would show 8 sensors but not sure, and would contact the vendor
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brent. Just curious, and contacting the vendor sometimes works.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey,

Now I see your concern. Each schrader valve sending device probably has its own frequency so that the receiver can differentiate RF, LF, RR, LR. But if you have two sets going at once, what are the chances of interference because of shared frequencies? Good question. Maybe two different brands of TMPS would be required? If there is an industry standard for frequencies, what about a nearby or passing vehicle with TMPS? I didn't see anything about this when I did my research, only that the senders were claimed to have different effective ranges.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BrentB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m2cw is each Bluetooth device and in case, TPMS sensor has an unique Bluebooth identifier just dont know it the Rand McNally app will work with more than 4 sensors or a second app if possible to install would be needed (doubtful) thus the contact the vendor.

Still on sale

https://store.randmcnally.com/tire-pressure-monitoring-system.html
BrentB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Fire Extinguisher $10 Reply with quote

Fire Extinguisher

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/hardware/fire-safety/fire-extinguishers/87892?utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=Pepperjam&utm_campaign=3647&utm_keyword=8-8287&clickId=2464980429

First Alert Standard 2-1/2 lb. Fire Extinguisher For Household OSHA/US Coast Guard Agency Approval

Item no.
$14.99 Extra $5.00 off for Ace Rewards members ends 10/31/18 (Limit 1) On Sale!

First Alert 1-A:10-B:C rechargeable home fire extinguisher is ideal for use in any household location designed to fight wood, paper, fabric, flammable liquid and electrical fires. Durable metal head designed to meet demanding household requirements. If the unit is used, it can be recharged by a certified professional. Includes mounting bracket to keep unit secure. Meets UL standards.

UL rated 1-A:10-B:C
Commercial grade metal valve and trigger
Easy-to-read pressure gauge
Metal pull pin with safety seal to deter accidental discharge
Bracket with strap for easy mounting
U.S. coast guard approved
Mono ammonium phosphate extinguishing agent
Rechargeable
BrentB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Fishermans Marine sale Reply with quote

https://mailchi.mp/fishermans-marine.com/deal-of-the-week-okuma-alaris-spinning_reels?e=d36ddddd8c
BrentB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: 32GB microSDHC Card Reply with quote

Team Group 32GB microSDHC Card
Store: Newegg
Price: $5.49
Lowest By: $9
Expiration: October 26

Newegg has hosted some pretty great deals on flash storage over the last week or two, including this $9 drop on a Team Group card. Not only is it at a good price for this model, but know that it's actually the cheapest 32GB microSDHC card we've ever seen. It features read speeds of up to 80MB/s.
https://www.dealnews.com/features/morning-jolt/
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reviews on the card aren't too good.

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
BrentB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 10 folks posed a review.60% thumbs up and 40% thumbs down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 22 of 27

Jump to: