The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

01/23 - 01/25 - Seattle Boat Show 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Harvey already stated, it was great getting together w/ other C-Brats at the Brewery on Friday night. We had a real pleasant evening and the setting was nice and relatively quiet so perfect for talking and socializing amongst those who turned up.

Thanks a whole heckuva lot to Roger and Joyce Bumgarner for setting everything up and shuttling many of us back and forth from the Brewery. You did a great job Roger in spite of your concerns sir.

Also thanks to Pat and Patti for setting aside space at the Brewery again this year for the Brats. Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable trip to Arizona!

We also enjoyed hooking up w/ Tom and Susan (OK, mostly Susan!! just kidding Tom) and Don and Lisa for dinner on Saturday night.

We were also lucky to run into other Brats both Friday night at the Brewery and randomly at the Boat Show including Fred, Greg and Cindy, Jon, Rick, Jim States (a real blast from the past), John and Laurie, and some others I am sure I am forgetting at the moment.

We had a great time over the weekend at the SBS as usual.

Take care all and hopefully we will see many of you out on the water in 2015!

Dan & Tanya Denver on C-Renity
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: A visit with Dusty Reply with quote

Yesterday, I met Charlie (Captain's Cat) and Joe (Seawolf) down at the hotel at 9AM for breakfast. We departed at a little after 10:15 to meet Dusty at The BBQ Joint in Oak Harbor. He had an operation a few months back (details here) but he is up and about now. He's hitting the gym 3 times a week but needs a little assistance from a walker a present. His memory hasn't yet fully recovered but it's getting there. The old (and best stuff) he still has great recall on and he was pleased as punch to have us visit. We had a great lunch and a nice time talking to Dusty.

His 95th B-Day is coming up in a few weeks and every day that he's able to share with friends and family is a blessing for all concerned. His spirit is great and with the way he keeps working out, who knows how long he can go. I'm planning on hitting his 100th B-day party. Here's a couple of photos from the lunch.

From Left to right - Charlie, Dusty and Joe

Same as above but with me added on the left.

By the way, if you're ever in Oak Harbor and you like BBQ, the BBQ Joint there is THE PLACE to go. The food is great and the people who run the place are fabulous. The folks there are like a second family to Dusty. He indicated that at one time, he ate there every day for 8 years. The owner had a good chat with us and many of the wait staff stopped by to give Dusty a hug.

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back to the house. Man what a great weekend. We were able to get to the hotel friday night. Because of work we were not able to plan to be at the brewery and after getting settled in decided to eat in town and not make the drive. Would have loved to see you all there but it was just not in the cards to make a drive that far. We did have a great diner with Don and Lisa at the pyramid brewery. Not sure of the name of their dark beer but you only need two Wink

Saturday we spent at the show and saw all the new boats and new gear. We sat in to two classes on fishing. One on the salmon fishing in the San Juans and the other on Ling cod in the sound. I learned a few tid bits in each class.

http://www.mvp.aero/ Susan has ordered me two buy one of these in the near future.

http://www.cutwaterboats.com/Cutwater_Solara_24 and of course Susan has to have one of these.

The new 24 cut water with outboard is a real head turner. Unlike the other cut waters its truly a fast cruiser with a CLAIMED top speed of 50 mph and a cruise speed of 26 mph with a CLAIMED 3 mpg burn rate. That is better then my 27 which is as good or better then any 25 I know of. And at $99,000 is a hell of a deal compared to the competition .

Sunday We took a look at all the large boats at the floating boat show on lake union. I will not even tell you Susan wants me to buy there.

The food. We had diner with Don and Lisa , breakfast with Greg and Cindy, Dinner with Don and Lisa, and Tanya and Dan ( that was great food) Then lunch with Don and Lisa again. I think Don is making me fat...

We also ran in to other brats , Ruthy and Joe, Sam , and a few others I can remember.

The Hotel , silver cloud on lake union, is a great place to stay. Rooms are a little bigger then the other silver cloud. Breakfast was free and good. Sausage, potato's, eggs, cereal, fruit , muffins, etc.. all really good and free every morning. Parking is also free ( stadium is $20 plus a day. ) With the free schedule between the show it was easy to get around.

I hope everyone else had a great time. Susan is working to get us a free room for the potluck next year. All we need is 10 rooms at the silver cloud on the lake to get a free conference room. They do not have a restaurant so we can bring our own food and a drink permit will cover the liquids. Just something to think about for next year.

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
Sunday We took a look at all the large boats at the floating boat show on lake union. I will not even tell you Susan wants me to buy there.

Yup...Dana was a little starry-eyed there as well.

But, she's wasn't terribly picky...no need to break the $1M barrier. The "little" American Tug 365 seemed to suit her just fine.

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan is trying to move in to a Flemming 65 Rolling Eyes I liked the one with the chopper
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Susan is working to get us a free room for the potluck next year. All we need is 10 rooms at the silver cloud on the lake to get a free conference room. They do not have a restaurant so we can bring our own food and a drink permit will cover the liquids. Just something to think about for next year.

Tom, That sounds great. Count us in for next year.

Larry & Nancy
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry H wrote:
Quote:
Susan is working to get us a free room for the potluck next year. All we need is 10 rooms at the silver cloud on the lake to get a free conference room. They do not have a restaurant so we can bring our own food and a drink permit will cover the liquids. Just something to think about for next year.

Tom, That sounds great. Count us in for next year.

Larry & Nancy

That does sound good. I could go for that too.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if ol Ben Toland had any idea what he was starting when he made that first boat. What a family. Thanks to all for the input on this years SBS. Charlie and crew of the Dusty visit thank you very much and for sure a good round is on me when I can get together with yall.
I am simply a bit overwhelmed at just what an impact a simple project in a garage evolved into and the many thousands of lives have been either effected or affected.. or both.
And some still think purchasing a boat is a bad investment.
They simply bought the wrong boat.
I think the name of my next C-Dory may be DIVERSITY.
Can't think of anything on this earth that has brought together such a diverse crowd of folks..
Here Here to Ben Toland... This man has left behind a legacy for sure. Beer

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, You are so right. Buying the right boat is an investment, in so much more than glass, fiber and stainless.

I know there was talk about having some participation of C-Brats with the C-Dory display. I was there on Monday, didn't see much of that. Only Brat I met was Sam Landsman there, and he was on his way in as I was leaving at 8PM. The 25 was there, right next to Ivar's food place, kind of out of the way, and there was not really any C-Brat hype or for that matter, anything particularly different about the C-Dory display making it different from any other boat.

What really makes the C-Dory different is the C-Dory family -- C-BRATS. I don't know, but would a big poster of 100 happy owners be any kind of impressive. . . I'm wondering if there is any understanding yet of the value of community that comes with the boat. Sometimes I think this may be primarily from the cruising portion of the community. The fishermen are not really the "groupys" and are more content to do their own thing, where as the "cruisers" are more likely to group here or there.

In 4 days, LakeView Sea Ray Marine sold 35 boats, C-Dory sold zero. Really hope that turns around some.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:

I am simply a bit overwhelmed at just what an impact a simple project in a garage evolved into and the many thousands of lives have been either effected or affected.. or both.

Its impressive how through iteration they were able to turn a rugged fishing boat design into something of a cruiser - and gain market share

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: