The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Apalachicola gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, hope you heal quickly.
We launched at St Andrews city marina Sunday, cruised out the Pass for the 41mile RT down the Gulf and hiked Crooked Island (off Tyndall AFB) yesterday. Beautiful, pristine, primitive, but all changing shoal so idle in, you could see a starfish 10 feet down. Water 80, air 80, sunny and calm. Mostly under 5 feet and the charted east tip is really 500 yards northeast. Added bonus of serene (if you're used to that sort of thing) F-15's in afterburner mode, I reckon just to impress us. We were. The ultimate Boy Toy. Closed today and most Wednesdays for missile/drone tests. Public access kayak launch off 98 can be seen on Active Captain. Cancel if seas over 1-2 feet predicted, PM sea breeze a beam can be nasty for a 20 mile exposure. Next closest ramp even further at Mexico Beach.
Hiked 2 hours on Shell Island today and we're pooped.
Tomorrow we heave her onto the trailer for the jaunt to Apalachicola and yank her off at the city docks...both procedures can be quite hilarious, so get your Funniest Video clip there.
Cheers!
John

SGIDave

City/Region: St. George Island
Vessel Name: Seadation - SOLD 09/2013
Photos: SeaDation
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

I've not been on the Cbrats in a loooong time (21K new messages!).

Anyway, I plan to be at the Gathering with my Tug this weekend.

Reading through this thread it seems the motels in the area are 'full.' I wanted to get the word out that I have 2 bedrooms in my house on St George Island (SGI) which are available on a first come first served basis for those wishing to attend but cannot find suitable accommodations. Availability is for FRIDAY and SATURDAY nights. FYI, my house is approx 13 miles from the city boat ramp in Apalachicola to give you an idea of proximity.

PM me if interested.

See you at the Gathering!

/dave
Wefings
Dealer

City/Region: Panhandle
Photos: Cruise Ship #4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David, I hope somebody takes you up on your generous offer . The weekend is shaping up well weather wise, gastronomically and musically .
Marc

Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright , we are gearing up for the best rendezvous ever ! We have our famous suckling pig on the"Cuban Microwave" { La Caja China } on Sat eve and some great BBQ for Fri. We have some great shrimp and oysters [lots of, as always]and some very talented Tugnuts playing some good music .Looks like a great mix of Tugs, C Dorys and all the customers we work hard for and truly appreciate!
If you are near by , come and join us .
You can PM me for info and Ill monitor a few times a day as we get set up .
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Gathering Reply with quote

We are leaving Naples at 9am hopefully be there tonight or early fri am Jim and Loree
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the 3rd from last slip at Water Street Hotel Marina...come on by! Lost the sounder and R stereo speaker, one Trailer tire made in late 2012 exploded at 50 MPH 11 miles east on 98 but we're still floating. Replaced all tires today, glad we came early.
Cheers, and avoid Towmax even though I suspect all trailer tires are made in the same giant Chinese factory with different stamp machines at the end.
John
texasair

City/Region: Cypress, Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bixby's Cub
Photos: Bixbys Cub
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in Jeykll Island with friends, Went out in their 35' Catalina sailboat today.

Talk about roomy, 13' beam. It is for sale if anyone is interested.

Will be in Apalachicola Friday afternoon.

We will have a big batch of Red Snapper cevechi to share Friday evening.

And we are planning on making dutch oven peach cobbler and hand cranked ice cream for dessert on Saturday.

See every one there.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are there, and things are looking great. A few other folks have shown up, and the RV parking lot is starting to fill up. Oysters taste great, (had to sneak in a couple of bites). I hear that Marc has TWO pigs this year! Also a new Barbeque! A few of us will be setting up the tables and chairs in the AM--so come on over!

Weather is perfect--a few "no see-ems" are hanging around.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Wefings
Dealer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice mullet [and red and white roe] jumped into my home smoker this evening . It will come along with me tomorrow . It has a real affinity for smoldering pecan wood.......
Thanks for helping Bob and Marie . Looking forward to exercising the new smoker !
Tex , I have some shucked Louisiana oysters earmarked for ceviche as well . Ill bring home grown hot peppers and citrus !
Marc
Ron@Wefings

City/Region: Apalachicola
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc is making omlets this morning! [/img]
Ron@Wefings

City/Region: Apalachicola
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omelettes...sorry! Had a great time and want to thank all that came and helped out! See you guys next year!
Skip Hood

City/Region: Tallahassee
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Fishwife
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Another great one Reply with quote

Thanks again to Marc, Anita, Ron, Robert, and the rest of Wefings crew for another fantastic gathering. No other business I've known has been such good people and real friends to all who come their way. Outstanding food. Hanging out with nice folks. Messing about in boats. Always a good time.

Cheers,
Skip

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Joie de vivre Reply with quote

Joie de vivre. This is the term that came to Marie and I at dinner this evening looking back at our 4 days in Apalachicola at RiverCrest!

Marc and Anita Grove; Marc loves boats, loves his customers, and loves being involved with anything on the water. He also loves his cooking, and is one of the top chef's--we had some of the left over chicken this evening--and it is the best I have ever had! But wait a minute--I watched Marc, playing the bass guitar, even though his arm was cramping so badly that he had problem making the cords--he still was getting the bass riffs and doing the songs!

Always a smile on his face--never to busy to talk about C Dorys!

Anita: many years of being The chamber of commerce in Apalachicola--now on the cusp of a new career--putting everything into it. But wait--who was always there to back up Marc? Yep--and I'll bet she has a lot of other talents! Let me tell you she was the organizer, and the person behind the scene.

Ron--the go to guy for getting things done at the gathering, and at Wefing's. He was there--both managing the business, while Marc was working his butt off at the gathering.

Danny--rides the Harley in--and takes care of the hogs! He was also responsible for those fantastic grits!

Robert--helping particularly on Thursday with setup.

Carlton (Hope I got his name right)--he was the keyboard player on Saturday night--and talk about passion for the music--blues, country, pop, and even some classical. A real talent. I was the last one out the door, and you all missed some real entertainment in the next hour, just playing for fun!

But wait--how about the C Brats--I cannot leave out my wife Marie--even though she didn't pay attention to the slicer--and suffered a deep cut on her finder, she still was there working on the sidelines to make sure that things were going right.

Tex--Red Snapper Ceviche, which was fantastic…but no..what about the peach cobbler cooked in a dutch oven on the spot, or the home made ice cream.

Then were was Dave, Dave, Jim, Skip, Mike, (and I am sure I left out a number of specific names) and a lot of wives who all pitched in and got the setups, take downs, Bill Russell who got up at 6:30 on Sunday, to be sure that the coffee was made…but wait--he wasn't coming to the gathering, until he got the OK after minor surgery on Friday PM, and then he and Brenda drove from Arkansas (eating MacDonalds along the way), to make it in time for the Saturday dinner, trailering their boat. They have made every gathering at Apalachicola! Then Saturday night, I watched Bill critiquing one of the wives photography and telling her what a talent she had.

Also a big thanks for the donations--the best yet, even though we had a smaller turnout than some other years. No way that one can find this type of food, entertainment and fellowship for any amount of money! Marc of wefings does this for love of the boats and the people. I was glad to see participation at all levels to help perpetuate this gathering!

Joie de vivre This is what typifies a C Dory owner--and those who live this life style….typified at the gathering! The people is what make the C Dory such a great boat, as well as the physical aspects of the boat. You cannot leave out DaNag and Tyboo, who spend countless hours (and $$) to keep the glue together in this list and web site!

Marie and I had such a great time, and really enjoyed talking to everyone there. This is how you get to know all the multiple talents of our group! What a joy!

Thanks to all!

I'll try and get some photos up shortly.
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Gathering Reply with quote

Great time always at Wefings Gatherings. We met some new people and off course the regulars Dr. Bob and Marie , Skip and Patty and Bill and Brenda . A special thanks to the Wefing crew especially Marc and Anita who always are Gracious hosts .
Great food and beautiful weather Thanks again Jim and Loree
texasair

City/Region: Cypress, Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Bixby's Cub
Photos: Bixbys Cub
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our apologies for skipping out early,  We had Monday commitments and a 13 hour drive.

Thanks to Marc, Anita, Ron and all the Wefings crew.
The fare was outstanding and the fellowship was wonderful.

Special thanks to Bob and Marie.  Everyone really enjoyed the Lake Powell slide show.

Tex and Sharon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: