The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Finally! It's time to start looking for a C-Dory of our own.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desert Dory

City/Region: Tucson
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Desert Dory
Photos: Desert Dory
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Finally! It's time to start looking for a C-Dory of our own. Reply with quote

Greetings all,
After living vicariously through all of you for more years than I care to admit it looks like we’re finally at a point in our lives that purchasing a 22 cruiser in the coming year is a real possibility. Yea!!! Finally!!!

That’s the good news. The bad news is, C-Dory’s are pretty much non-existent in our part of the world (Tucson AZ) so getting to see one up close and personal is a real challenge. There was one for sale here about 6 or 7 years ago (it came out of Mexico) that I was able to go look at/in, but my wife was unable to look at it with me.

Soooo, having said that, I have a favor to ask. If there is a Brat traveling through our neck of the woods in the coming months that wouldn't mind taking a little time (Lunch? Dinner? It’s on me Very Happy) to show their 22 to a couple of dreamers I’d greatly appreciate if you’d give me a call as you’re passing through. Any time day or night is fine.

Or, if anybody in the Sacramento area would like to do the same (we’re from Rocklin) we’ll be heading up that way the week of Thanksgiving to visit family and friends.

Thank you for the awesome forum and for all the dreams,

Allen
Five2oh 9seven1 six00seven
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't find anyone in your area, and you feel like a little trip, there will be a goodly number of C-Dorys (the majority of which will likely be 22 Cruisers) meeting for the Lake Powell gathering in September. There is no organized gathering on land (we tend to meet up officially in Oak Canyon), but generally quite a few of the boats will be at Wahweap marina/campground (near Page, AZ) right around the beginning of the gathering. And they would likely be open to showing you around. (Or maybe as they take out.) There is a thread for this get-together in the gathering sub-forum.

Happy shopping,
Sunbeam
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck,hope you find one soon.
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen, there's a 22 listed in Lake Havasu City.
Cview

City/Region: Phoenix
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-VIEW II
Photos: C-VIEW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: C-Dory for sale in Arizona Reply with quote

There will be a C-dory 22 Cruiser for sale in Phoenix, Arizona shortly. We purchased a 2006 C-Dory 25 Cruiser in Washington state in May. For one reason and another, I haven't advertised the 22 as being for sale as of yet. It is a 1990 Cruiser that we purchased 5 years ago when I retired. At that time, I went through it from top to bottom and put in many of the enhancements featured in C-Brats. It has been a great boat for trips on local lakes, Lake Powell, San Diego Bay, Catalina Island, etc.

I'll be putting together a for sale info package in a few weeks, but if you want info earlier you can contact me at tkozlik@aol.com or send a private message on C-Brats. There are some pictures in the cview album on this site.

Tony
2006 C-View II
1990 C-View - for sale
Desert Dory

City/Region: Tucson
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Desert Dory
Photos: Desert Dory
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Dory for sale in Arizona Reply with quote

Sunbeam wrote:
If you don't find anyone in your area, and you feel like a little trip, there will be a goodly number of C-Dorys (the majority of which will likely be 22 Cruisers) meeting for the Lake Powell gathering in September. Sunbeam

Thanks Sunbeam. Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll be able to make it up there before everybody heads to Oak Canyon. After 14 years of running her own business teaching infant aquatic survival (self rescue) my wife took a job as Head Administrator for a local private school. We’re now tied to the schools vacation schedule, at least for this year.

Larry Patrick wrote:
Good luck, hope you find one soon.

Thanks Larry

Wandering Sagebrush wrote:
Allen, there's a 22 listed in Lake Havasu City.

Thanks Sagebrush. I did see that one. There was one up in Flagstaff too but it just recently dropped off CL.

Also, I wouldn't want to answer an ad when I know I not ready to throw down the cash. we're just getting started on this venture, and we don’t really want to finance, so it’ll be a good 6-12 months before we’re ready to pull the trigger.

I’m already sold on the 22 but my wife would just like to see one in real life. We're already pretty much minimalist campers (backpacking, tent trailer, get away from the crowds, pee in the woods, etc.) so I'm sure the wife will like the 22 just fine. Besides, we have a porta pottie in our tent trailer so there’s no fear there Very Happy.

Cview wrote:
There will be a C-dory 22 Cruiser for sale in Phoenix, Arizona shortly. I'll be putting together a for sale info package in a few weeks, but if you want info earlier you can contact me at tkozlik@aol.com or send a private message on C-Brats. There are some pictures in the cview album on this site.

Tony

Thank you Tony. As I stated above, I doubt we’ll be ready to buy by the time you’re ready to sell but I’ll send you an email anyway.

Having said that, I really wouldn't want to waste your time knowing that we're not quite ready, but if you wouldn't mind showing it to us sometime we would welcome the opportunity to see one. We used to go up to Phoenix all the time for swim meets so it’s like a drive around the block for us. Plus I’m sure there’s something we need from Ikea. Crook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: