View previous topic :: View next topic  
AK Angler

City/Region: South Central
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Rod Holder
Photos: Rod Holder
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Good News - Bad News Reply with quote

The good news: I just added an addition to the toy box. I found a great deal on a 17' Arima Sea Ranger that I simply couldn't pass up. It's a hard top model, in outstanding condition (one owner), fully equipped from stem to stern (except it is lacking in the electronics department- no biggie). The missus, while understanding and accepting of my hammock and tarp solution to boat camping, is really more of a "hotel" camper and less of a "tent" camper. So the full sleeping berth on the Arima really appealed to her. And although it may be pushing the limits, it's still not too big to pull with my Jeep.

So, after some deliberation, what's done is done. I am now the proud owner of an Arima.

Now, the bad news: Only one boat will fit in the aforementioned toy box. That's right, even with as much work as we put into outfitting the little 16 footer to fit our needs, and as much as we enjoyed her, the financial department has mandated that in order to acquire the new vessel, we must liquidate the current one. Therefore, we'll be saying good-bye to our beloved Navicula. She's been a great first boat, patient and forgiving, easily molded to fit our cruising and fishing styles. But, alas, the time has come to let someone else enjoy her. I can only hope that the new owners will be as happy with her as we have been, and will allow her to lead them into the same lifetime of fun and adventure that we now share with all of you.

We'll miss her dearly.

-Rod

89CD16A- The Navicula has been sold...
Cutty Sark

City/Region: Kenmore, Sammamish Slough
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Cutty Sark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Arima Hardtop Reply with quote

You'll Like your new boat as arima's are nice boats too, and share some characteristics of the CDory's. But are you sure it's a 17? I thought you could only get a hard top in 19 footer's and larger. Anyway congrats on yopur purchase.

Sark
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice requiem for Navicula. Sounds like a good exchange for you. We sure hope you maintain your ties and good contributions to the pub. Good luck with the new boat, and we look forward to some tales.
AK-Brando

City/Region: Palmer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, what are you asking, and how soon do you need to sell?
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riiiip (the sound of your C-D emblem being torn from your official yacht club jacket) Sounds like a good move for ya, as mention, them Arimas are a fine craft....you won't be the only Arima owner around here
AK Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sark- Yes, I'm sure it's a 17 footer. It is an older hull (1985), so I don't know if that has anything to do with the hard top or not. Also, the gentleman I bought it from did say the boat was a special order, too. The hard top may be part of the "special", I don't know. It has short side glass with small side curtains instead of full side glass. I posted a pic here . The top and the berth are lined with matching carpet.

El and Bill- I'll absolutely continue to hang out here. I'll still contribute when I can (and learn more than I contribute). I'd still be here even if I had no boat. It's the C-Dory owners that make this site one of the best on the 'Net. Our boats are simply a catalyst for all the wonderful conversation here.

Brando- I'll be posting the Navicula for sale as soon as I figure out what equipment I'm giong to migrate to the Arima, and what exactly I'll be leaving aboard. But I would like to sell her in fairly short order. I do have another boat to pay for now...

Ken- At least I didn't buy a Bayliner! All kidding aside, I think the Sea Ranger will be a good fit for us right now. It ratchets up the comfort level for the missus quite substantially. And, being married for almost 14 years now, I can tell you I live by one main rule at this point in my life. "If the wife's not happy, NOBODY's happy." Shocked So it's very important for me to ensure that she is as as happy and as comfortable as possible.

By the way, I wasn't even looking to replace Navicula when I found the Arima. It's just such a good deal, I couldn't pass it up. We are very happy with the little 16 footer. Our plan was to keep her until we got a larger tow rig, then bump up to a 22 footer. But this way we get to compromise and get a bigger boat without spending the $$ on a new tow rig. Seems like a pretty good option for us. Thumbs Up
AK-Brando

City/Region: Palmer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you send me some details (year of hull, trailer, engine & kicker) and an asking price I'll see if I can convince the "financial manager" about it. You can e-mail me at graymouser(at)gci.net. Just replace the "(at)" with "@".
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Rod, nice job. You took the time to give us the who, what, where, when and why, and then you really grabbed me with that affection thing.

There's probably a pithy quote somewhere by someone really smart that can perfectly define this emotional stuff we 16 guys might be feeling. I'm not saying I feel anything, but you might, I don't know.

Dude, thanks for the wrap up, and enjoy your Arima as if you'd just won her, 'cause you just did. And don't go anywhere, okay?
Cat
AK Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, geeze... I think someone needs a big ol' hug. Hug But then again, we wouldn't want to set any kind of precedent here, would we? Rolling Eyes
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we wouldn't want to get too familiar with our Dr. Phil parts here at sober Boat C-hat. But then, a tear or two for the dearly departed Navicula I suppose would be acceptable. Give her, sniff, a hug for me, and tell the new owner to get a move-on, okay?
Love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: