The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/19 - 09/21 - 8th Annual NC gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munchkin

City/Region: Washington
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Munchkin
Photos: Munchkin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: 8th annual NC gathering Reply with quote

Bill,
Yes there will be at least two 25s at the event. Our local C-dory Dealer will also be on hand Sat. evening. Please do come and join us. We always love to talk about and show our boats. Pleaae let me If you need anything or have questions about the event or area please PM and I will help any way I can.

Erma
Munchkin

Looking forward to meeting you.

potomac_brat

City/Region: Virginia
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Two more from Virginia Reply with quote

Erma

I am happy to say we will be joining you for this event.

We are Mike and Chrystal potomac_brat

We are in the process of buying a new 2015 TC from Mobile East Marine.

We will be landlocked and joining you for Saturday's activities.

Looking forward to meeting y'all and talking boats.

Mike
potomac_brat
Munchkin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: 8th annual nc gathering Reply with quote

Mike, I am looking forward to meeting you. Ernie and I are from Maryland and have fished many times on the Potomac.. We plan to cruise down to Beaufort on Saturday for lunch I am sure you will be able to catch a ride with someone, if you are at the Marina by about 8:30 am on Sat. morning. My cell # is 540-903-2139 Please call me with questions . You are dealing with good people for your new Boat. See you in a few weeks....

Erma
Munchkin Very Happy
potomac_brat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrystal just gave me a big thumbs up on the boating offer.

We will see you at 0830.

I know your tee shirt order had to go in but if you could add one xl and one xxxxl that would be great.
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike/Chrystal!
How exciting! The 255 is a great boat, you're going to love it. While my Surveyor was tapping around the hulls and talking about running to the Bahamas with the right weather window, he said, 'this boat's going to be around a lot longer than you two.' We took that as a compliment. My 2010 was the first (only?) 255 built by Triton and rigged/sold (I believe) by the good folks at Mobile East Marine to the PO. To date I haven't seen a post- 2010 255 owner posting here, not that there couldn't be some.
Just a couple of things you might consider with your most excellent dealer...
1. Current engines can output data to a NMEA2K network, including your plotter/MFD as well as your brand-specific engine instruments. My Yamahas were not rigged to do that, and now the rigging tube is so chock full of stuff it would cost a fortune to de-rig to run the simple 4-pin connector through there. (It's still plugged and resting safely under the cowling). The engine networking itself is otherwise plug & play pretty simple. Once it's done, it's done.
2. Marc Grove at Weifings has sold a lot of 255's and hung the Counter-rotating (left hand rotation) engine on the 'opposite' to conventional side for more speed (you can search the site re this). My CR engine was hung on the conventional (to port) side. You may want to get your dealer's input/thinking on this issue because once it's done, it's done. (Some say you can just swap out the CR gearbox, others say nay).
3. (OK, more than 'a couple')...the boat will never be lighter/faster than at sea trial. When properly trimmed for your typical load and cruise the engine lower unit antiventilation plate should be at water surface/splashed, but not underwater. (You can search the site re this). With full gas tanks (900# right there) and all the 'stuff' boats collect you'll never again be riding as high, so be sure the engine is not mounted a hole too low...you won't be changing that under a shade tree in the back yard, like some Brats with lighter engines. Dealers prefer it be a hole too low than a hole high since a boat will be more forgiving of turning 'blow outs' and other operator errors...but dealers aren't paying your gas bills.
Everything below can be easily changed later, if needed. Well, maybe not 'easily' but to paraphrase Rogerbum, easily 'if you invest enough time and work and/or enough money.'
4. You need a boarding railing on the engine bracket to transom. Mine is the only 255 I've ever seen on C-Brats without one.
5. Access ports for the fuel fill and fuel tank connections are not 'pretty', but a good idea in the long run.
6. It seems every other 255 owner is a Permatrim fan (Thataway, maybe not so much). Since it's mounted ABOVE AV plate, which should be ABOVE the water, I don't see it functioning at cruise. Trying to force my boat into the slowest planing speeds takes way too much throttle/RPM attention that detracts from overall situational awareness. Also has the engine cowlings partially awash, and saves no significant amount of gas. At 25 MPH the boat and the skipper will both be happier and have more air cushion in the tunnel. Also, it may be a sin to drill holes in a new 2015 engine...check with your local engine cleric before you do. And pray.
7. I'm still experimenting with props, but prefer a four-blade (as did Thataway, with extra cup). Now on Solas 13.75x17p 4 blade aluminum, WOT 6K RPM @ 35+ MPH in Heavy Cruise Mode with Bimini and non-pristine bottom paint. Get your dealers expert opinion. I have 2 17p 3 blade aluminum original props, scanned and trued/reports and painted by Accu-Prop Pensacola, RH + LH, 2 for $120 ($60 each) + shipping, anyone PM me if interested before I put them on Ebay.
8. Since you are buying new, don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish. Pro-rate the costs over the time period you plan to own (10? 20? 30 years?). A 2015 boat will be worth way more than a 2006 model 10 years from now. The PO was not a trailer boater and his 2006 EZ Loader cost me $4500 (and him $1200) in upgrades/tires. I should have bought a new Float-On for $9500 and be done with it. Lessons Learned the Hard way.
Cheers, and best wishes on your purchase! PM me if there are any questions I can help with or for phone # .
John

Last edited by gulfcoast john on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
potomac_brat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very nice post John. We should be ordering the boat in a week or two. I was going to start a new post about the process.

Mostly because like you I have not seen a TC later than the 2010 you have. I wanted to answer the question all over the web "Are they still making the C-Dory Tomcat".

I may have to start it sooner.
potomac_brat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erma

We are so taken back by the fire at the factory we have decided not to come down to the get together. Part of our reason for coming was to finalize our boat deal that is up in the air right now.

Thanks for the warm welcome. If you placed our Tee's on order let us know what we owe.

Munchkin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: 8th annaul NC gathering Reply with quote

Mike and Crystal, I am sorry about your deal and the fire, I hope things will work out the way you want them too. If you have a change in plans just come on down.

Best of Luck to you !!

Erma
Munchkin
Kathryn

City/Region: Hampden-Sydney/Farmville,VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Kathryn
Photos: Kathryn
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: NC gathering Reply with quote

Hello Erma et al.,
We have been up in the air about whether we would be able to make it or not, so I did not sign up or order t-shirts. I have wanted to come. At this point, we are thinking we MAY be able to come. We will let you know in a couple of days. We have a minister son in MD who has a brand new baby that likes to cry at night AND he has a wedding, funeral, and regular service all this weekend. If we can help out by giving a reprieve next weekend, we will go that way.
If we make it and Neal & Jeanne don't want their tee shirts mailed to them, we would be glad to take them!

I had not heard of the fire. Wow.
Jackie (along with Bob and Chessy)

nmitch2859

City/Region: virginiabeach
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Delfin
Photos: Delfin
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! All, We will be there on Friday evening. We will be staying at The Oriental Marinna Hotel. Can we still get some t-shirts? Thanks Neal & Jeanne
Munchkin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: 8th annual NC gathering Reply with quote

Jackie and Bob, I hope you will come on down. It will not be the same without you both. I might have some extra shirts

Delfin Crew, See you Friday. I did order your shirts.
Erma

Munchkin
Kathryn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: NC gathering Reply with quote

Don't worry about t-shirts. We'll be happy either way.
Will let you know by midweek if we can make it. Hope to see you Friday!
Jackie
Munchkin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: 8th annual NC gathering Reply with quote

Hello All,

It is just a few short days until the gathering. If you have not made plans to join us. Please do come on down and sit a spell. The view from the marina porch is spetacular I am looking forward to seeing everyone. Very Happy

Erma
Munchkin
Kathryn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: this weekend Reply with quote

Hello Erma,
Bob and I (and Chessy) will make it.
I will bring the usual chocolate sheet cake.
See you Friday!
Jackie
Pandy Girl

City/Region: Westfield, NC
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Pandy Girl
Photos: Pandy Girl
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is thinking about Coming to the NC Cruise, Come on and Join us!!! we will have a great time & Good Food, the Weather looks like it is going to be Great. You can look at the different C-Dorys & the way each is Custom fit for each owner. We find new things each year others have done, OH I like that, went home and made some Upgrades. Can't wait to get there!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: