The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1999 24 Tomcat, $59,500 (Edmonds, WA)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: 1999 24 Tomcat, $59,500 (Edmonds, WA) Reply with quote

We have decided to sell our Tomcat 24 in order to move to a larger boat. We went to great lengths and expense to make this boat comfortable for family outings and a boat suitable for taking my clients out for the day.

Its been a wonderful cruising platform for our family and an awesome fishing, shrimping, crabbing vessel.

List of Options and Updates

2012 Fuel Injected Yamaha F115 Engines (X2) with Permatrim- Serviced by Checkpoint GA (Yamaha 5 Star Dealership)

2013 Wallace 85D Stove/Heater
2013 Mascoat Insulation - Sprayed on Walls, Ceiling and Compartments
2014 Cantilevered Aluminum Cockpit Awning (Powdercoated) with Sunbrella Canvas
2013 Custom Built Aluminum Generator Box mounted on swim step (for Honda EU2000i)
Garmin 850s Fishfinder / Chartplotter
2013 Airmar P66 Transducer
Garmin GMR18 Radar on ScanStrut Mount
2014 Replaced both Bilge pumps
2013 Replaced all Batteries
2014 Wired for Scotty Downriggers (X2)
2013 New Bottom Paint and Keel Guard Installation
2014 LED lighting in cabin and cockpit
2013 Thetford Curve Porta Potty in Head
2013 Hypervent under Berth Mattress
2013 4" Memory Foam Mattress Topper
2013 Custom Sound System with Class A Amp and Orb Audio Speakers
2013 West Marine Inverter - 400 Watt
Norcold Fridge

Deeper Stainless Sink and New Faucet with Detachable Wand
Lewmar Windlass Pro Fish 700 with 20 Feet of Chain and 200 feet of rope
Rocket Launchers 6 Pole Holder on Roof
Crossbar and Rack System on Roof for carrying Crab Pots or storage
Battery Charging System (Guest)
Roof Mounted Solar Fan
Shorepower and Cord.

Drydeck Flooring in Cockpit, Carpet in Cabin
Seastar Hydraullic Steering
Compass
Lev O Meter
Icom VHS Radio
Window Coverings for interior privacy
Swimstep with integrated ladder
Center Opening Front Windows and Rear Opening Windows with Screens
LED lighting inside

Galvanized Tandem Axel EZ Loaded Trailer

Photos are in my album under Items for Sale

Please PM me for for information about this boat.[b]
[/b]
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent boat
ready for fishing and cruising

Here is to a speedy sale

redbaronace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright after 10 days being listed here with moderate interest, I am moving the boat to craigslist and boat trader.

Anybody have any other suggestions for good places to list this boat. If it doesn't sell after that, you will see a 2008 Tomcat 255 up for sale instead.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that you are aware of the issues/scams with Craig's list. On Boat Trader beware of POP yachts… 10 days is not a long time for a C Dory to be listed, especially a Tom Cat. Good luck with the sale.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
haakebecks

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Next Adventure
Photos: haakebecks (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that...be very wary of Pop Yachts. Really shady.

Like Bob stated, 10 days really isn't much of anything. I had our 26 Venture listed for months and it was not only the cheapest one, it was literally fully loaded with a brand new trailer. I only finally got a little traction on it at 59k before it went to live in Alaska and even then it took nearly a month.

What we learned from this was that as you start to climb into this price point it simply takes far, far longer for these boats to sell. The 22s in the high 20k range go pretty quick, but everything else just seems to take time and sometimes quite a lot of it.

Rightly or wrongly, the boats hold their value much higher against what are often much larger boats with many more amenities and much more space. We can sing their praises for how much flexibility and economy they provide in a small package, but we are the minority and most people can see past the bigger is better scenario.

Worst case scenario, you may try listing it with a broker. I know that Sportcraft which is a sponsor of the forums charges between 8-10% commission, but the boat sits in their yard with no fees and the obviously handle all sea trials and surveys.

Good luck!
redbaronace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update that our boat is still available. We have received a few inquiries, but nothing that was serious or anywhere close to our asking price.

We did get a call from POP Yachts strangely enough.
Can someone please let me know what is their business practice that people say to be weary of. Perhaps you can state it on the forum, or by PM if you prefer.

Thanks,
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out these complaints on the web.

http://www.complaintslist.com/boat-sales/pop-yachts-international/

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of negatives on THT. I would never deal with them. Occasionally you will find a buyer who is happy with them. Basically they browse ads and try and get a listing--sometimes exclusive.

I have heard of issues where the seller was locked into a contract with them, and tied up the sale of the boat.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les at EQ sold a C-Dory for us a few years ago. They listened, gave good advice, and charged a very resonable fee. It was a hassle free experience.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know that when I was C-Dory shopping, there was one boat I was really interested in that was listed by POP Yachts. BUT, in order to see the photos you either had to sign up (giving all your personal info) or else it might have been pay a small fee and give all your personal info -- I forget which.

Sorry, but there is no way I'm doing that just to see online photos of a boat I might want to buy (listed by a sort of "mystery" company, no less, not a regular person). I often wondered if the sellers knew how ready I was to buy their boat, if only I could have seen the photos (i.e. by clicking on them). (They show thumbnails, but then you can't expand them without the above steps.)

Kind of odd, since legitimate places - from Yachtworld to EQ (large to small) basically do whatever they can to make it easy for prospective buyers to see photos of their clients' listings.
redbaronace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. I will avoid POP Yachts. Anybody have opinions on Boattrader or recommendations on other places to list to garner additional exposure?
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top right corner of the home page here, has a banner add that has just recently been made available for what looked like a very reasonable rate. Contact DaNag for info on that. He debuted the spot with his boat and then I saw Wanderer listed there. Nice adds, with links to tons of info on the boat.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

redbaronace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I want to post the ad there but have not given much thought to how I would create the ad (banner).

Anybody have any experience where they could take my boats profile photo and create the ad? If so, I would love to advertise it here.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send a PM to Bill Geise (DaNag). He'll fix you up.
redbaronace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to provide an update to answer some questions I have received about the boat. I will try to explain its construction and design as best as possible as this seems to have created some questions here and elsewhere.

First, regarding the cantilevered roof. It sits approximately 18 inches above the height of the cabin. We chose this height as it allows one to easily enter the cockpit from the dock without hitting your head. It also is a great place to hold onto when entering the boat or when stepping on the gunnels when preparing to go forward to the bow. The design of the roof was made to drain to the sides as it has some arch built into it. It is slightly less wide than the inside of the gunnels. This was to allow one to stand on the gunnel while grabbing onto the roof frame. It is strong enough to hang from and I am just under 200 lbs.

The material is Sunbrella and has zippers integrated into it. The zippers will allow a person to add a camper or a mooring cover and attach it to what is currently in place. The frame is lightweight and was made from aluminum, then powder coated. It is free standing and not attached to the Rocket Launchers. It has a LED overhead light mounted on an integrated plate.

The frame of the roof stops 2 feet from the back of the cockpit. We left the rearmost 2 feet of the cockpit uncovered as this is the area where a person who hooked a Salmon could pull their rod past vertical to set a hook when fishing. We fished Ling Cod heavily this season and the design proved successful. With no side or rear supports to get in the way, it will fish and crab well. It is perfect for 2 deck chairs to be under the cover from rain and also occupants to remain in the shade if desired. In short, we loved it.

It is held onto the structure by 4 bolts and this is removable if the buyer preferred it gone. In fact if a buyer did not want this, I would gladly give a discount as it would find its place on our TC255. It was professionally made and built to last a long time.

As for the rest of the boat, we did extensive renovation on it in the past year. All the upgrades are essentially new and everything we knew to be a problem was fixed including new Wallace Stove, reattaching rub rails, changing scuppers, fixing electrical gremlins, new batteries, changing out center front window tracks to eliminate water intrusion and the updated engines (2012 Yamaha 4 strokes). All issues with leaks have been resolved. (scuppers, rubrails, bilge pumps, door gasket, window tracks, etc).

In many ways we like it better than the 255 (insulation, better fuel economy, larger table and seating, more maneuverable, cheaper mooring, factory shaded windows, sleeker, newer engines and the cantilevered roof. It stays cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter than the 255. Of course the 255 has its virtues and we do prefer the additional space and features it provides for our growing family and the way we boat.

The only known issue which we have not addressed at this point is that the trim gauges are not hooked properly after the installation of the new engines. We planned to go NEMA2000 at some point and were going to show trim on the Plotter instead of the gauges. As of now, we have not gotten around to it. Otherwise, this is a turnkey boat and in my opinion is one of if not the nicest TC24's in existence.

With regards to trades (craigslist), we are not preferring that route since we have our replacement boat already. That being said, if the deal was right, we might consider taking something in partial trade.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: