The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Window Gaskets for older C-Dories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidC.

City/Region: Cloverdale
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Fairweather
Photos: Fairweather
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Window Gaskets for older C-Dories Reply with quote

I just finished replacing the window gaskets and stop plug trim on my 1989 22 Cruiser. The boat is new to me but spent considerable time in the sun in Southern California so the old gray gaskets were pretty ugly with spots that would not come off and some of the corners had pulled away from the window frame. I ordered the black gasket (AD-VY2237) for $4.41 per foot and the black stop plug (VY-860) for $2.79 per foot.

Sandra Fuller placed the order for my by phone and the material was quickly shipped. I requested a sample first to make sure that it would work on my windows. It took me about 10 minutes per window and of course, I got better at the installation by the time I was on the last window. The corners are a bit tricky but the secret seems to be to just flatten the gasket out so that it spreads and press it into place with plenty of force so the outer groove locks into the window frame. I cleaned the channel that the new gasket went into thoroughly before installing the new gasket. I also found that a spray of window cleaner on the edge of the glass helped lubricate the new gasket as it slid into place. A thin putty knife also helps to push the outer gasket edge into its position. I also cut the gasket about an 1/8 inch long or so to keep the joint tight at the top of the window. I also have ordered the window vent scuppers (HW-CU5556) that cover the front slider window drain holes. The old ones that were some type of plastic material are falling apart.

In case any of you want the order contact or order information it is listed below:

Diamond Sea Glaze

diamondseaglaze.com

advantecstore.com (for online orders)

Sandra Fuller
778-726-0850 (direct line for phone orders)

sfuller@diamondseaglaze.com
journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked. Thanks for the info.

Sorry we lost another C-Dory from SoCal. We have a paucity of them here.

Boris
Gratitude

City/Region: Costa Mesa
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: C Pelican
Photos: C Pelican
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you happen to take any pictures of your project as you went along? If so, I would appreciate them. You can post them to this site, or e-mail them directly to me. I am interested since I have a 1992 Cruiser with the same issues with the windows.

Thank you,
Gratitude (Jim)
jimgarner01@verizon.net

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like a good part number Thumbs Up

This thread might also help - it has links to a couple of older threads on the topic.

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?p=229994&sid=94fc14fd7e46ecbe2f52624647c10a1a
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: