The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/20 - Lake Powell 2014 Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I posted a few! Including this one taken early in the morning at Little Oak Canyon...

TyBoo wrote:
Pictures, Pictures, Pictures! Please.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I added a few.

jkidd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites.
anchorout

City/Region: Lake Charles
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: EZ DUZIT
Photos: EZ DUZIT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back after 2 weeks on the lake. Made it to Bullfrog Marine, but there was so much to do and see on the south end of the lake that that is as far as we wanted to go. Next trip, we will launch at Bullfrog or Halls and travel up lake. I hope everyone had as good a time as we did.
Flint

City/Region: Marathon
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Grace Full
Photos: Grace Full
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Lake Powell Reply with quote

We had a great time with the gang on Lake Powell. We learned a lot and meet a lot of friends. When we come back next year we hope to be better prepared. Thanks to everyone that helped us. We really enjoyed our time there.

Flint and Leslie Firestone
m/v Grace Full
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Lake Powell Reply with quote

Flint and Leslie, it was GREAT meeting you guys, and we hope to hook up with you in the not too distant future in Marathon!

Flint wrote:
We had a great time with the gang on Lake Powell. We learned a lot and meet a lot of friends. When we come back next year we hope to be better prepared. Thanks to everyone that helped us. We really enjoyed our time there.

Flint and Leslie Firestone
m/v Grace Full
Water Bill

City/Region: Lake Keowee, SC
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: Mystery Girl (Ranger Tug R-23)
Photos: Mystery Girl and C-Swell
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great gathering at Lake Powell. It was great to see C-Brats we have met in the past and meet some new ones. Sue and I were on the lake for 11 days from Thursday 9-18 until Sunday 9-28. We launched from Halls Crossing and went south to Oak Canyon to meet the group on Saturday. We then worked are way north with five others to Escalante River, Iceberg Canyon and Forgotten Canyon. We said good bye to everyone on Wednesday and worked our way north up to the entrance to Farley Canyon. We had great weather up until our last night anchored out on Saturday near Halls Crossing. We had a little bit of wind, rain, thunder and lightning to end our stay. I added some of the photos I took to my C-Swell album under Lake Powell Gathering September 2014. I added a few to the Lake Powell 2014 album that Tyboo Mike set up.

Bill
Gilbertsons

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Little Bit
Photos: Little Bit
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Hi fellow Lake Poweller's Reply with quote

We enjoyed our first Lake Powell Gathering and wanted to thank everyone who welcomed us!

Our story is similiar to the Anderson's in that we left the lake on Saturday except we spent a few nights in Reflection Canyon and Iceberg on the trip back to BullFrog. We took out about 2:30 in the afternoon and the weather was looking real dicey. We experienced large desert thunderstorms, heavy rain and flooding on Hwy 24 on the way into Green River. It rained heavy through the night and were glad to be dry and safe as we "boaterhomed" at the state line of Colorado.

I'm curious of those who stayed on.....how was the weather? The waterfalls off the canyons were probably enormous.

Thanks to all again!
Scott
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thataway-Thisaway, is off the lake after 24 days. First week in San Juan Arm, and got up to about 40 miles, before debris make passage difficult. Good anchorage at Piute Canyon. Met up with Pat and Patty, Steve and Diana in Iceberg. Great time with those folks! Too bad about Steve's steering. We stayed with the Andersons for the next couple of weeks and a great time was had!

Pat and I have solved all of the issues of cruising Lake Powell--just takes money to get away from the dependance on the world's worse ice!

We met up with other friends for the last few days in Warm Creek Bay up where Planet of the Apes was filmed, where we had our 3rd storm of the trip.

The Boss anchor (10 lbs) worked much better than the 14 lb plow, and will be our anchor (along with the Fortresses). I will do a tutorial on anchoring at Powell (with photos) when I get a better connection and time.

Fishing was bad--Too warm! Temp Monday AM was 57, going to be in the 40's in a few days.

Great to see old friends and make new ones.

We had food left for another week, but got a message that our credit card was compromised--we have enough $$ to get home--but lots of ends to tidy up!!

The boat has been CLR ed. A coat of wax on the accent color, and bow for protection. Wheel bearings are packed and we roll back to Pensacola in the AM.

More comments and photos later.

Thanks to all who participated, and Chris for the organization!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott and Barb - those last few days were pretty fun, and we enjoyed the heck out of meeting you guys!
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upload a few more pix from my iPhone to the Lake Powell 2014 in the Cruises and Events folder, including this shot of Chris and Terry.

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got home safely about 1:30 p.m. today. The last four miles from I-5 Exit 270 to Birch Bay this afternoon I was holding my breath. I did not utter anything out loud so as not to jinx us! But we celebrated on our deck over margaritas...FINALLY, a trip to and from Lake Powell with (A) no tow vehicle breakdown, and (2) no trailer issues, no overheated hubs, no wheels flying off, no flat tires, no nothing! This may be "situation normal" for everyone else, but it is a BIG deal to us!

We traveled a total of 2,466.5 miles, and the Silverado 3500 Duramax turned in a consistent 10 - 11 mpg, low of 9.8 (Blue Mountains in Oregon) and high of 11.5 (most of the flat parts of Utah and Idaho) running at about 60 - 65 mph. I don't tow faster than that, this speed seems comfortable and safe.

I checked the hub temps regularly both ways, always under 100 degrees F. I checked the Bearing Buddies only on arriving at Lake Powell on the trip down, but every morning on the way back, and was I surprised at how much grease they took each morning so the plates would flex. I now have a couple of extra tubes of Lucas Red 'n Tacky No. 2 in the truck, and will be careful to check the Bearing Buddies every day from here on out.

The big deal for this trip was no exitement, zero, nada, nothing, which is exactly how we like it!

jkidd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations that's got to be a good feeling. I think I would celebrate and buy something. Very Happy
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, Patty and I want to extend a special thanks to you and Marie for letting us just hang out! It was delightful getting to know you folks and Angel was so entertaining! We were wondering how you fared on the lake as we drove to Price on Saturday afternoon and all night long in Price, as the lightening flashed, the thunder roared, the wind howled and the rain came down. Glad to know you found a good place to ride out the storm!
JBLECKER

City/Region: San Diego
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Hallelujah
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Lake Powell Gathering at Oak Canyon 9/20/14 Reply with quote

We pulled out at Antelope Marina Saturday approx noon - just moments before the storm hit. We were in process of hooking boat to our motorhome when the strong winds, lightening and thunder hit and then the down pour/heavy rain. We looked down over the lake and all we could see was a white sheet. Had trouble getting fuel in Page as the lightening had knocked out power to the first station we went too and had to proceed to another than luckily had power to enable us to fuel up and began our homeward journey down south on #89 to Flagstaff in the down fall and strong winds. We stayed at Bumble Bee Rest Stop north of Phoenix for the night.
Got home on Sunday approx. 1 pm in San Diego. The desert was all flooded as Phoenix had a 100+ year rain storm.

Had a wonderful 13 days on the water. Enjoyed meeting everyone at Oak Canyon and hope to see you next year.
John and Grayle Blecker
Hallelujah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: