The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/20 - Lake Powell 2014 Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great! Would give me a better chance to hook up. I, too, plan to stay into October. I sent you a PM to mention this, but just in general in case I end up being able to contact someone else on the lake, I do have one issue. That is that I have Zero phone service between St. George and Flagstaff (Sprint/Virgin).

On the other hand, I'll have my Verizon mi-fi along, and that gets great service, both around and on (in some places) the lake. So the upshot is that I can send/receive messages via Internet but not make a phone call. (Last year I had a buddy with me who had a different phone, so we had reception.)

(Maybe there is a way to send/receive a text to someone's phone from my laptop?)
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your email program...

Type in the full phone number of the individual you want to text followed by @vtext.com in the message's "To" field. For example, if the individual's cell number is 949-555-1215, you would type 9495551215@vtext.com.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/send-text-messages-pc-verizon-cell-phone-56042.html

Flint

City/Region: Marathon
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Grace Full
Photos: Grace Full
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Lake Powell Reply with quote

We hope to be at Lake Powell by the 18th. I still need to buy a fishing licenses. Hope I can buy one there. We are still in Phoenix and will be until Thursday because I had to order an up grade chip for my Chart Plotter. I just hope it all works when I get it. Looking forward to seeing everyone and their C-Dory's

Flint and Leslie
Wandering Sagebrush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Lake Powell Reply with quote

Flint wrote:
We hope to be at Lake Powell by the 18th. I still need to buy a fishing licenses. Hope I can buy one there. We are still in Phoenix and will be until Thursday because I had to order an up grade chip for my Chart Plotter. I just hope it all works when I get it. Looking forward to seeing everyone and their C-Dory's

Flint and Leslie

You can buy your license on line. It's very easy. Just have your license number with you. I copy it down to my iPad.

https://secure.utah.gov/hflo/main/serv1/index.html?server=serv1
beermanPDX

City/Region: Portland
Photos: Jean Marie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you are staying on Lake Powell in to the month of October? Boy...that sure is rubbing salt in to the wounds of those that can't make it at all this year. That is definitely not "just be nice" territory. Cry

To this day, when I think about the great trip I had last year, all I have to do is take a look around the cabin of my boat.....because some of the fine red dust is STILL there even after multiple cleanings.

Hope the striper fishing is good and there are no "wind storms" like last year. Safe travels.

Rob
2008 25 Cruiser - Sold
2002 Nordic Tug 32/4 - Sold
1989 40 Tollycraft Sport Sedan
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering Sagebrush wrote:

[b]Type in the full phone number of the individual you want to text followed by @vtext.com in the message's "To" field.

Sweet, thanks! I figured there might be something like that, but have been too busy on boat projects to try to figure it out (plus that is not my area of expertise).

A question: How can that person then get back to me? If they just "reply" will it come back to my e-mail or do I have to request that they do something special?
Wandering Sagebrush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunbeam wrote:
Wandering Sagebrush wrote:

[b]Type in the full phone number of the individual you want to text followed by @vtext.com in the message's "To" field.

Sweet, thanks! I figured there might be something like that, but have been too busy on boat projects to try to figure it out (plus that is not my area of expertise).

A question: How can that person then get back to me? If they just "reply" will it come back to my e-mail or do I have to request that they do something special?

Send me a text, and I will see how the reply works...
Wandering Sagebrush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a big segment of I-15 is closed for a few days. Significant flooding east of Las Vegas. My guess is around Moapa and area.

Check before you head to Powell if That's your route.

Edit: Yup, the area around Moapa, Overton and Bunkerville is affected. Cliven Bundy's stomping grounds.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as follow up and in case it helps someone else: I exchanged text messages with Wandering Sagebrush from my laptop using the method he outlined above. He apparently texted me back from his phone with a normal reply, and it came in to my e-mail inbox (where I had sent it from originally). This is going to be super handy, not just for Powell but other times too. I often have internet access when I do not have phone signal, but would like to text someone on their phone. Now I can text from my laptop!

Thanks for the tip on I-15. I'm probably going to be coming a different way anyway, but just in case I will know to check.
Wandering Sagebrush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sene from email to AT&T.

Text message: Address your email to the recipient's 10-digit wireless phone number, followed by @txt.att.net, for example, 5551234567@txt.att.net.

Picture or video message: Address your email to the recipient's 10-digit wireless phone number, followed by @mms.att.net, for example, 5551234567@mms.att.net.

Don't include dashes or spaces in between the numbers.
Sunbeam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, so the original address you gave me is for Verizon (the vtext... just guessing that means Verizon); i.e. each carrier would have a different address to send to, and I should know my recipient's carrier?
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT&T – cellnumber@txt.att.net
Verizon – cellnumber@vtext.com
T-Mobile – cellnumber@tmomail.net
Sprint PCS - cellnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Virgin Mobile – cellnumber@vmobl.com
US Cellular – cellnumber@email.uscc.net
Nextel - cellnumber@messaging.nextel.com
Boost - cellnumber@myboostmobile.com
Alltel – cellnumber@message.alltel.com

Sunbeam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Looks like I'm set for just about anybody now Very Happy Maybe others here will find it useful too - 'specially when on the road or water.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Lake Powell 2014 adventure has begun! Yesterday Birch Bay to the Yakima Walmart, not too photogenic! Today, Yakima to Emigrant Springs (Oregon) State Campground. We are dry camping in a tent site, and I admit I put on quite a show trying to back the dang boat into the tent site! I will be careful of that tree when we leave tomorrow! Tomorrow our destination will be Jerome, Idaho, and the following day Price, Utah - both lovely Camp Walmarts! Then just a couple more hours gets us to Bullfrog, Utah, to launch. We'll be on the lake 14 days this year, really looking forward to fishing, swimming, and just relaxing!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
Our Lake Powell 2014 adventure has begun! Yesterday Birch Bay to the Yakima Walmart, not too photogenic! Today, Yakima to Emigrant Springs (Oregon) State Campground. We are dry camping in a tent site, and I admit I put on quite a show trying to back the dang boat into the tent site! I will be careful of that tree when we leave tomorrow! Tomorrow our destination will be Jerome, Idaho, and the following day Price, Utah - both lovely Camp Walmarts! Then just a couple more hours gets us to Bullfrog, Utah, to launch. We'll be on the lake 14 days this year, really looking forward to fishing, swimming, and just relaxing!

Wave when you go by Pat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: