The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lone Star Ranger

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Lone Star Ranger II
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous 2014 Reply with quote

To our C-Dory brothers and sisters,

The Ranger Tug/Cutwater owners of the Chesapeake Bay are having their 3d Annual Chesapeake Bay Pocket Yacht Rendezvous, and we want to invite any C-Dorys in the Chesapeake Bay area. So please, save the date...the 2014 CBPYR will take place May 30-June 1 at the Spring Cove Marina in Solomons, Maryland. The registration fee to attend will be $50/boat or $25/person if arriving by land. We are currently trying to solidify our weekend events, so as more information becomes available, I will update anyone interested in participating.

Please send me an email at jtgarcia26@gmail.com if you are interested or think you may be interested in attending our rendezvous. Very Happy

John and Tracey Garcia
Alexandria, VA
2016 R-31 - Lone Star Ranger
maryvmcclain

City/Region: Summerlin
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are hoping this fits with our cruising schedule (after the North Carolina Loop cruise). We had so much fun with the C-Brats at Hontoon that we can't wait until the next time we can gather with like-minded folks.

Will there be actual cruising planned during this event? Or just a lot of fun hanging out together and checking out boats? (I am personally dying to see the small Cutwater, although it is a far bigger and heavier boat than we want).

Please put us down as "tentative" and also let us know when you've got a bit of a schedule defined.

Mary and Rob McClain
Venture 23
Lone Star Ranger

City/Region: Alexandria
State or Province: VA
Vessel Name: Lone Star Ranger II
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob and Mary,

I have you down as "tentative". The rendezvous will be more of a "get together" and fellowship with others. We plan on having a couple of guest speakers and the Coast Guard Auxillery to conduct courtesy safety inspections to anyone interested.

John
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary and I attended the Pocket Yacht Rendezvous this weekend in Solomons, MD. We had a great time. Overall about 15 boats attended, plus a few boatless couples. In addition to our Venture 23 "Freedom" were 2 other 25' C-Dorys. The balance of boats were Ranger Tugs mostly in the range of 25-27' and then 3 Cutwater. Solomons is a beautiful location and we spent some of our time bike riding around the area. Otherwise we were visiting and/or eating... Our boat was berthed next to a 25' classic Ranger Tug and while only a 2' difference in length the tug dwarfed our boat - almost made it look like a bathtub toy. A 25' C-Dory was berthed next to a 27' Tug and it was similarly dwarfed. The size and design comparisons are fascinating, but you can certainly see why the C-Dory would be easier to tow.

The Rendezvous ended around noon so we then took advantage of the beautiful day and cruised up to St. Michaels, MD, where we'll take a day to explore the town and surroundings. Our East Coast trip has been a real eye opener regarding the vast cruising grounds that exist out here. I've spent 50+ years boating in the SF and Northern California area. Granted it is beautiful but it doesn't hold a candle to the vast boating opportunities to be found on the East Coast. I should have retired and trailered the boat East years ago...

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: