The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory banner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: C-Dory banner Reply with quote

Hey All:

Saw this banner in Sleepy C's album that appears to have been at recent gathering. Do groups make their own or is there a source to acquire these? If not, is there a template to get one made?

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=SleepyC&id=IMGP6096&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While that banner is the property of Dave Safford (C-Shift) it has been a fixture at CBGTs in the west for many years. At each gathering We write the event and year it has been displayed on the reverse side. Not sure where he got it or how long ago.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colobear wrote:
While that banner is the property of Dave Safford (C-Shift).

I now consider the banner to be the property of our "C-Brat Virtual Yacht Club". I had a local beer distributing company years ago (when Mike and Bill first started the C-Brat site) print it up for me. At that time the printing on the banner was the "headline" on the C-Brat Site homepage. The beer distributing company was able to bring up the homepage on the website on their computer and press a few buttons and print out the vinyl banner. Like Barry said, we just hand the banner off to the "host/planner" of the next gathering. (we also pass around a coffee can filled with donated cash to help fund each gathering). Initially, we didn't record the names and dates of the gatherings. Fortunately someone came up with that idea and it makes for a nice historical touch. The very first gathering that it was viewed at was at Blakely Island in the San Juan's when I cruised in with it secured on the side of our former 16' Cruiser in 2003. A picture of the banner on the side of the 16' Sea Shift can be viewed on page 5 of the photo album of that gathering....perhaps one of you skilled computer nerds can transfer that picture onto this thread Laughing

C-Brat #16
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took a trip back through memory lane. Some of mine and much from before I got here, BUT, I found your picture Dave and if this works, I'll post it here.

I did find some good pix of that banner here and there along the way and learned some C-Brat history.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another shot of the banner at Sequim Bay State Park for the CBGT there in 08.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have the banner with the cbrat gathering box kit. It will be given to Barry on monday for the coming friday harbor gathering. It just gets passed along with the supplies and kitty for all the events in the North west.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: