The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/22 - 08/24 - Victoria BC Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShellBack

City/Region: Victoria
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Thalassa
Photos: Thalassa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Victoria Gathering Reply with quote

Had a great time at the Victoria gathering meeting new friends and old. Sunny and warm all weekend. Good food and calm seas going and coming. I finished off a plate of Stacy's crispy squares on the way home. Thank you. Also thanks to Susan and Tom for hosting. We will catch up with you all next time around
Terry & Valerie Beer Beer
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super gathering. Well done Susan & Tom. I counted 17 C-Dory's and 1 guest boat. Great camaraderie. See you all next time.

Martin & Andrea.
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great gathering in this great summer! Well done Susan and Tom.

Life doesn't get better than this; visiting with old and new friends, staying in a marina on our great little boat right in the middle of a beautiful city during a glorious summer. Teeth

Caryn & Peter
Lizarry

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Anytime Baby
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A BIG THANKS TO SUSAN and TOM , great gathering in a great place . We could not have been moored in a better spot . Man what a view . Was nice to see everybody, looked like everyone was having a good time . Can't wait for the next get together. Thanks Again Larry and Liz .
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for organizing Susan and Tom - great location! Though I was only down for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon, it was great to see everyone and meet a few new faces.
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth crossing of the strait and fun in town for three days. Thanks everybody for attending and I added a few pics to the album.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for coming. Those that could not come missed a great time. Nothing fancy but the weather and the dock were both top notch.

Susan and I left the cornet bay ramp at 5 on Thursday and headed around the south side of Lopez on completely flat seas. When we got to cattle pass Susan had dinner ready and we just turned off the engine and drifted while eating on bath tube like water. Not a ripple. We decided not to run to Victoria right then because we would have hit the customs dock at 8pm and were afraid they would be closed . We did not want to spend the night on the customs dock waiting for them to show up in the morning. We headed to FH and spent the night. Nice thing about a C dory , even when FH is stacking 30plus ft boats 3 deep on the breakwater you can always find a side tie open down near the bath rooms.

Friday morning , 11:58 is still morning, We headed to victoria on mostly flat sunny seas again. No problems with wind or weather all weekend. Cleared customs and hit the dock around 2. Still have not seen a Canadian custom agent, I don't think they really exist or its been out sourced to Indian. Funny that over dinner the Canadians complained about how bad and mean their customs agents are but how Good and Friendly the U.S. agents are???? I think that the agents of either country just like to mess with their own country men.

Another round of applause to Dorthy for setting up the dinner on Friday night. Susan and I got distracted by several health issues when we should have been calling around for dinner. If Dorthy had not gotten us the tables when we did friday night dinner would have been balcony and and cheese at my boat.

The Chowder!!!!!!!!!!! omfg!!!!!!!!! From here on until the end of time to be know as C-Fury Chowder. Forgot his name just now but the captain of the C-fury started cooking the C-fury Chowder at noon. The stirred the pot for hours as he lovely added one ingredient at a time. This was a 3 to 5 gallon stock pot on a small propane stove on the back of the boat. I got up walked down the dock and he was stirring, I went to lunch and several art shows and when I got back he was stirring, I took a tour of the harbor and when I returned he was stirring. Best chowder every and everyone got two bowels. Oh the food was great. Backed chicken, ribs, two types of baked beans ( which were also great) rice and two types of shrimp. Then the deserts........ I am so fat.. I just want you all to know what you missed.

You missed
1) water taxi dancing to good music
2) sunny warm skys and light breezes.
3) street performers by the dozen.
4)Clean showers. I would like to note that a lot of people that did not come stated that the showers are so far away. Well looking at it I would say that the shower are the same distance from the boat tot he shower at Victoria as then are at FH. Its just that the dock at friday harbor is so long. if you are at the outer pier ( G dock???) at friday you are just as far as the showers at victoria.
5) Lots of shopping and stuff to see. We hit the History museam and a art show for a artist that susan likes. We also took the harbor tour ( I could live with out it)
6) Lots of good food around town no matter what you like to eat. China town is close by with food and shopping.
7) The sights just from the dock are great. I never felt like town was to loud except of the moron that had to blast bad music at 7 am sunday to start a bike race. They could have at least turned off the music once the bikes left , but NOOOOOOOO we have to have that all morning. ( it was not to bad) Oh and is it me of did the DJ for the water taxi music sound like darth vader got a day job??

Weather on our return to U.S. water was just as flat as the ride over. Spent Sunday night with our folks in provost harbor and Monday we were treated to a hump back whale just out side FH as we passed by.

All and All a great weekend until we got to the ramp and I broke the wench on the trailer loading the boat. i had to run the boat to Everett and take the trailer home for repairs. Susan E will be in Everett for a month while I do lot of trailer maintenance around my work scheduled.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is Blake. I told you that the chowder was not to be missed! Sorry we couldn't mae it, it was the weekend of my 50th high school class reunion.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess so, Martin - you snooze, you lose!

bridma wrote:
Blake brought seafood chowder at Pender!!! I didn't get any. Did you eat mine Pat?

Martin.
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did miss you Pat. But in your absence I was able to scoop three bowls of chowder. Blake, you are now the lifetime CBGT chowder maker. If you need any help stirring, I'll see if Andrea is free Laughing

Martin.
serenitymay1995

City/Region: Cumberland
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Gumption
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: victoria gathering Reply with quote

thank you very much to everyone for all your time and effort for organizing this event. it was great, and another excellent potluck. blake's chowder is to die for!
Paddle-2tc

City/Region: Saskatoon
State or Province: SK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Blue Skies
Photos: Blue Skies
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Susan and Tom, for a great idea well-executed. What a beautiful location! We had pretty good seas for our trip back to Nanaimo, except for those pesky 3' waves north of Dodd Narrows...

We will keep you posted regarding a 2015 CBGT.

Bill and Dorothy
Blue Skies
Nanaimo
williwaw

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Williwaw
Photos: Williwaw
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, for our first gathering this set the bar pretty high. Everybody was so nice and helpful and, let's face it, the location couldn't be better. Will all others now be a letdown? Smile

After we left Victoria we continued up to the Gulf Islands then over to the San Juan's. I continued to enjoy fond memories of Victoria, however, as Stacy had made her rice crispy squares in our only pot. Every time that thing went on the stove for days afterwards I enjoyed the sweet smell of marshmallow. Life was good...

We spent a night at the Tod Inlet, then went up to Ganges and ran into Doryman on his way up to Princess Louisa with some friends. Real nice guy. Next we went over to Montague and "rode the bus" to the pub - great fun. Then down to Poets Cove then over to Sidney to re-supply.

Then back to the US at Roche to clear customs (we arrived at 7:59 AM and had no wait Smile) but stayed on the hook for a couple nights in Garrison Bay. From there to Deer Harbor for a couple nights to explore Orca Island. Ran into a lot of the wooden boats from the gather in Victoria just after we left. From there to Sucia for a couple nights then back to Cap Sante.

Perhaps our best vacation ever - thanks to everyone for the tips and the motivation to get over to Victoria to kick the whole thing off.
chimoii

C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Chimo
Photos: Chimo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sorry I missed this outing on our own doorstep. I had signed up for the bike race that some of you may have noticed. Our son flew up from SFO to ride with me in what was, for reasons I won't bore you with, a truly memorable event.

Hopefully Victoria has earned a spot on the map for outings and we can be at the next one.

Did anyone get a pint of Fat Tug when they were here?

Cheers from anchor in Winter Cove, Saturna Island.

Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Tug is one of my favourites! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: