The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

02/28 - 03/02 - St. John's River
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoaterHomer

City/Region: The Villages
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DESSERT 1st
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping the donut boat makes it through the thick fog we're having this morning!

‎"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Our boat trip photos: http://caseyandmary.smugmug.com
Stan Major

City/Region: DeLand
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: The Pegstan
Photos: The Pegstan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the donuts did arrive safely.. Thank you Tom and Joyce for hosting a great outing. Peggy and I enjoyed meeting everyone. Our friends Dave and Mary also had a great time.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an album for you folks.
BoaterHomer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan - the donuts were delicious!

Mike -thank you for the album. I am hoping ALL the folks who have been snapping pictures this great weekend will post them here. Casey and I will be on the water for a few more days and will post ours when we are home. (I tried yesterday to post just one little photo but the internet signal just isn't strong enough here).

Tom and Joyce - Thank you for a great CBGT! 17 boats ... Wow! Great Food, Fellowship, Fire ... it has all been wonderful. And Hontoon Island, with electricity, water, showers, little store, hiking trails, museum, kayak, canoe and bike rentals, BBQ grill and fire pit, all on the beautiful St. John's River, is a perfect location. Looking forward to next year!
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great time, someday wife and I will hopefully be able to join in ,it would be a dream trip escaping this winter.
jimicliff

City/Region: Mount Dora
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Ocklawaha Queen
Photos: Ocklawaha Queen
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were with us at Hontoon Island in the St Johns river in central Fl you know what a perfect time we all had. All 17 boats were docked together and everyone slept on their boats as well. We ate outdoors together followed by a great fire. Saturday morning Stan Majors of Deland brought pastries to the dock and everyone walked around with coffee and had just a great time. Tom and Joyce Schulke who put on the event really hit the target in the middle. I thank you both just like every one else does. We are the coolist C Brats in the USA, please join us next year for our second gathering because it will be that much fun plus "some more", I'm sure.
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: 02/28 - 03/02 - St. John's River Reply with quote

Our Thanks to Tom and Joyce, it was a great gathering. I posted some pictures of the gathering in my nested photo album St. Johns and Hontoon river. Cliff builds a good fire. Tom and Joyce thought of everything and what a great area to go boating. The Hontoon Island State park is / was a great spot for a gathering. All the C-Brats in attendance were really fun people. We enjoyed ourselves. Who is that Larry guy?
Dave and Ginny Deem

outbackbill

City/Region: Mocksville
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue Days
Photos: Blue Days
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky and I had a great time meeting new cbrat friends and getting to know others better. The weather was perfect. Just cool enough to enjoy the campfire and keep the bugs away.Tom and Joyce and everyone involved in the planning did a great job.The park staff were the coolest I've ever met. We are now anchored in a small creek off the St. Johns south of lake Monroe. If you haven't seen this part of the river you might like to try it.

Bill and Becky Smith
Roy & Dixie

City/Region: Silver Springs
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C Way
Photos: C-Way
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dixie and I enjoyed meeting everyone at the event. We departed 1045 hr Sunday, traveled N to the Woodruff Creek route which is a beautiful run N to Woodruff Lake, then into Lake Dexter, back to the St Johns. We took the long oxbow past Paramore RV Park north of Astor, then on to Silver Glenn Springs off Lake George. We passed about 20 boats heading from the springs back toward Astor as we approached Silver Glenn. Lake George was flat calm. There were 5 non-overnight boats remaining as we arrived and anchored in 3-4 ft crystal clear water. Within 30 min all other boats were gone and we had the whole place to ourselves. A beautiful eagle flew to a tree 50 ft from us and sat there watching every move we made aboard. No sounds but the wildlife all night. This morning the wind was beginning to build from the SSW, so we headed back to our vehicle parked at the Astor ramp. There was a chop with white caps developing on Lake George but no problem. It was a beautiful ending to a memorable weekend with a great bunch of C-Brats.

"C-Way" Silver Springs, FL
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hontoon Island C-Brat Gathering
C-Brats live a fairy tale life as shown by this tale:

Once upon a time, MOLLY BROWN sought the FREEDOM of being a water TRAVELER. She decided to buy a C-Dory and when friends tried to discourage her, she simply replied, "But Y KNOT?"

She bought a COMFEY DORY and immediately went OUT 2 C to TUG AROUND as she started her ODESSEY.

Her travels were so wide and famous, she even earned the audience of the OCKLAWAHA QUEEN.

One day, a mysterious beast, the PEGSTAN, found her fishing and looking sad. "What's wrong?", he asked. She moaned, "All these fish are making me feel CARPY." The beast scolded, "Get over your BLUES CRUISER and continue your SEAFARI.

She responded, "WILL C" and then brightened saying,"I C WAY more beautiful BLUE DAYS ahead. I'll have DESSERT 1st and live happily ever after as a C-Brat."
smittypaddler

City/Region: Neenah, Wisconsin
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Na Waqa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: I have a few photos of the C-Dorys from Hontoon Island Reply with quote

I was in Florida this past weekend getting some canoeing and kayaking in, and saw your group at Hontoon Island State Park, and also cruising on the Hontoon Dead River. I would've liked to stop and chat for awhile, but my time was very limited. There are photos and my journal here:

http://smittypaddler.com/cds/cdz/Florida2014/index.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much for typing on a phone and will upload photos once I get off the river in a week to 10 days. I just have to say that Tom and Joyce did an outstanding job bringing us all together and pulling off an amazing first C-Brat event for a good many of us. By some of the previous post it appears that we did not all go home after the event. We went south and found Carpy on the Wekiva River. Them Dory's sure are cute and get around! I'll be dropping Betty off tomorrow and heading north in search of adventure. Will post a bunch of pics as soon as I get back.
Fair winds to all!

BoaterHomer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote: " it appears that we did not all go home after the event."

Nope! And there are four boats still here at Hontoon: Dessert 1st, Freedom, Y Knot, and Blues Cruiser. The park and the weather were both just too gorgeous to leave. We walked the entire nature trail and watched the resident alligator lounging on the bank just beside the dock all day. Relaxing day.
Stan Major

City/Region: DeLand
C-Dory Year: 2013
Vessel Name: The Pegstan
Photos: The Pegstan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty
No tennis this year! Don't forget. I owe you a ride on The Pegstan! For those of you who don't know, Smitty was my inspiration for getting a C-Dory.
maryvmcclain

City/Region: Summerlin
State or Province: NV
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a fantastic time... Thank you Tom and Joyce for all your efforts; especially for the "special order" weather! We're looking forward to the next gathering!
Mary and Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: