The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/30 - 10/02 - Sequim Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyboo, I'm sure glad you and all your girls matriculated this year at Sequimdandy You. And to all who brought their boats, and all who didn't, thanks for coming.

Team C-Loo, once again you set the table for a most exquisite feast. I just love the fact we can boat/camp like we do at Sequim Bay State Park. That big ol' crackling fire, the droopy cedar trees, the dirt and the camaraderie remind me of the 60's when we used to camp with my folks' friends at Penrose and elsewhere. And you know, I had to do the dishes back then, too.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually the quiet type, but let me add this: Saturday's weather was calmalicious! The Fish People got skunked but I know they enjoyed themselves over near Dungeness Spit. Meanwhile Bambina and I cruised atop ripple-free, light blue water to Protection Island, where we glassed flying and finned creatures in florid fashions. It was cool!

And thanks to the multi-talented Beer Guy, I spent hours distracted by my new-to-me 188C, a delightful little device that has divided my focus. Say, have you guys heard about these new GPS things?
CoolSmile
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, back from our cruise to Prince Rupert on the cruise ship...my pix are up, MOSTLY pix of people this year...Oscar is "people," isn't he? Laughing

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the boat's handling was very good. There were three fairly heavy spots - in Juan de Fuca, in Oak Bay and off the south tip of Whidbey. All were a bit uncomfortable but we never felt unsafe even in the largest seas. As far as I know, we had no water in the cockpit...but as you say, that is not exactly where my attention was focused!

Bess-C wrote:

Pat I'm wondering about how the 25 handled the seas. Specifically, did you take any water into the cockpit? If so did the self bailing deck drain it all out quickly?

I know that you had both the sea and Patty pounding on you, so you may not have been noticing the cockpit. Is there anything else that you observed (good or bad) about the boat's handling?
Lyle
DaydreamC-26

City/Region: S.E.PA
State or Province: PA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Sequim Bay & other Adventures Reply with quote

Dear Sequim folks,
Mary & I wanted to send you a huge thanks for welcoming us at the gathering but we were mostly out of aircard range since last Sunday. We left Sequim late Monday due to my having to drag my beloved wife out of a couple of real estate offices, manufactured home lots, etc. (What a woman!!!)

Soooo, we arrived late (after they rolled up the sidewalks) in LaConner, stayed the night at the Heron Inn (nice place) dinner at Seeds (nice place). We walked all around the town. Neat place.

Then off to Rainier for 4 days of hiking. 1 nite at Paradise and 3 nites at an interesting place called Almost Paradise Cool Wink . And it really was. We both recommend it for a few day getaway. Neat restaurants in the area were Copper Creek Inn and Wild Berry.

Hope you Washintonians don't mind a couple of folks from back east giving you lodging suggestions but what the heck....maybe youse guys missed a few places.

Hey!!! What about the boat stuff.

We'd like to THANK all of you who we met and the few we probably did not meet for the warm welcome at the gathering. It was the high point of the vacation to be able to connect the names and faces and boats to the people behind them. Our first visits / boardings of C-Dory's. Special thanks to Mike / Kay, Ruth / Joe, and Mac for tours of their boats and detailed explanations of what makes them special.

The food was great, the campfire was an unexpected bonus and the state park was as good as it gets.

Actually erred above about high points....The REAL HIGH POINT was meeting the two NERD guys. You guys are great and have thought about everthing to keep your 1200+ members entertained. Great job!!!

Thanks to all,
Gene & Mary
Lansdale, PA

Hopefully next time we'll be owners.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: