The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/30 - 10/02 - Sequim Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dave -

With the crew of kids and dogs we gotta take along on a trip like this, we won't be leaving the dock once we limp over there from the ramp. So, any time on Saturday should find the TyBoo tied up there, along with whomever else wants to be lazy that day.

Come on down. You're gonna be amazed. Try to plan on making the bonfire/singalong Saturday evening and into the night. I hope you can sing, because if not, we will all have to listen to Catman all night since he's the only one who sings along.

How big are you, anyway? Brock ain't a little man, and it would be cool to see someone give him a little competition in the leg wrasslin' contest (that's something else he has to do by himself every year - I ain't touchin' his leg!).

We look forward to meeting you.

SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there John or C-Lou
I was thinkin that it might be kind of you to post the name and phone # for the Lodging near the State Park. there might be a couple of us that would be in need of a place to sleep

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Roger. I'll list three in the order how I would choose them.

Econo Lodge 360 683-7113 801 E. Washington, Sequim
800 488-7113 (main drag on the east side of Sequim)
.Free continental Breakfast
.Free local calls
.Kids stay free
.Microwave, fridge, hair dryer
.High speed internet
.All rooms air conditioned
.Free championship mini golf
.Cable T.V.
.Guest laundry
.Non-smoking rooms
.Business and senior rates
.Weekly and winter rates

Ramada Limited 800 683-1775 1095 E. Washington, Sequim
360 683-1775 (main drag on the east side of Sequim)
They have pretty much everything as listed above, plus an indoor pool and spa.

Sequim Bay Lodge 800 622-0691 268522 Highway 101, Sequim
360 683-0691 (approx. 1 mile east of the Park)
I stayed there one time and got a pretty stinky room, so good luck with place.

Jon
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon
I would agree that the Sequim Bay Lodge is not my 1st choice. we stayed there two years ago and was not impressed. thhe only thing good about it is that it is close to the park.
we will probably not bring Sensei . will just try to bum a ride with someone.we will drive over early Sat. morning and stay that night . will bring some sweet corn for the potluck. I will have the pot and cooker but don't want to put the propane tank in the trunk. if someone has a propane bottle there we can cook corn.
Jeff and Diane

City/Region: Renton, Washington
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Immacu-Nada/"C-Spaz"
Photos: Immacu-Nada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all!
Have been out of touch for a while. Immacu-Naca has touched the water only once since the Blakley Island get together. Had a great road trip back to "FARGO!" Now it's time to have a little fun with the ones we love Love and adore Wink !

Jeff and I are off Friday and Monday. Not exactly sure of our plans yet. Jeff wants to know about the Salmon fishing. If we do not get a down rigger, are there other options? Perhaps a 400# weight and 20 people to pull up trash from the bottom of the sound?!

Just a side note. I get to take down our "Yellow Ribbons" today. All of our family and loved ones are back in the states as of last night. We have had between two and five family members over in IRAQ since the beginning of the war. Keep up the prayers for all of the others that are still over there.

Can't wait to see you all.

Jeff Beer Cigar and Diane Rose Tea
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Sequim Fishin' Reply with quote

Hey Robbi and Jon-

Are you planning to do any light tackle fishing? I know you'all talked about it last year, but I really only remember the bon fire, rastinis, searching boats for vodka, a quick run to Victoria and trying to fix my GPS.

I'd sure like to try fishing for cuts- but need some recommendations. What would I need to bring?

Thanks,
Mac
DaydreamC-26

City/Region: S.E.PA
State or Province: PA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: We're Coming to the Sequim Gathering!!!! Reply with quote

Hi PNW C-Brats,
Been a member of the list for a few years now, actually started on the other list, and we've finally decided on attending a gathering. We're going to visit Sequim for 4 days (4th visit) then Anacortes/LaConner and then over to Mt. Rainier for 4 days.

And since we can't quite do anything the easy way (like attend the Chesapeake gathering) we'll be flying out from Philly for the gathering.

So....if you can put up with a couple more folks on the dock we'll be there, just tell us whats the best time and what to bring. To be truthful we'd like to get a couple of rides on a 22 if you could find the time.

See you Sat??

Gene & Mary (Presently Boatless in PA)

PS: We'll be arriving in Sequim on Thursday and might take the PA ferry to Victoria for a tour on Friday.
Double PS: I'm already thinking of what's for breakfast at the Oak Table.

Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, I plan on bringing my fly rod to fish for cutts. I am going to call the fly shop that is over at the head of Discovery Bay and get the low-down. I will let you know what I find out. Jon might be able to help you out with what gear to use for cutts.

Jeff and Diane, You mean we could have been in Fargo on the same day???? Do you want some of the pics that I took of your boat at Blakely? I could make up a cd.

Sweet Corn-YAHOO. That, and all of the sweet folks. And, it never (well, almost never) rains in Sequim. The dry spot of Western Washington. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene,
Anytime on Saturday would be fine. If you can stay until 5:00 or so, you can join in on the potluck. I'm sure someone will be around the dock all day and won't be a problem getting a boat ride.

Kay,
I'm with you on the earlier time for the potluck. Besides that, you got the clam chowder and I ain't missing out on that!

Jeff and Diane,
It will be great to see you guys again. Salmon fishing, oh man where do I start. I'm a bit frustrated with the salmon fishing only because we have to release over 90% of our catch. In the last two weekends we probably released over 100lbs of silver salmon (non hatchery) and kept only three, 6 or 7 lb. hatchery fish. It's better than working but it's not a fair fishery.
Starting Oct.1, Saturday, you can keep all silvers inside the end of the Dungie Spit to the Port Williams Boat Ramp. Haven't had any luck with this fishery in the past but it might worth a try. Friday, the Strait is open for one more try. The fish have been running really deep this year. We've been catching them from 90 feet all the way down to 180 feet. In the past years my favorite depth has been about 37 feet. The warmer water is the cause for this and makes fishing a little harder, or maybe the fish are getting smarter.

Robbi and Mac,
I really don't have any cutthroat info this year. Calling the local fly shops would be a great idea. There's a fly shop in P.A. that might have some insight. The chums are running up Jimmy Come Lately Creek (Inside Sequim Bay) but that's no help.

My plan is to fish a little and be a dock bum a lot. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jon
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rog,
I can bring a propane tank for the corn.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny cracked corn on Jimmy Come Lately Creek?? Something is wrong here.
Island Ranger

City/Region: Whidbey Island
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Island Ranger
Photos: Two Lucky Fish and Island Ranger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Fly Rod Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - I have a fly rod I've been using for lake & river trout. I can't imagine catching a couple pound anything on it though...should I be looking for a heavier duty fly rod or do you really use this light weigh stuff? What kind of lure/terminal tackle should I have? I sure have a bunch to learn, but I really look forward to trying.. Coho are just starting (finally!) down here from all reports, but trolling with 20 lb test is just not quite the same...

Robbi - when are you planning to arrive at Sequim?

Mac
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mac, I think your lightweight gear will be fine for the Cuts around here. I only use ultralight gear for cuthroats and for the Olympic back country trout fishing. Maybe Robbi will add to this, she's the pro when it comes to cuthroat fishing.
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, That rod sounds perfect for cutts. I talked to the folks at the fly shop in PA this afternoon. (They closed their Discovery Bay store 3 weeks ago. Sad ) He brought me up to date on fishing Sequim Bay. I use a 5 weight for cutthroats. Floating or intermediate line.They take most flies, not too picky. Size 4 to 6 hooks. I'll have some flies, leaders, etc if you want to give it a try. If you try for coho, I would use at least a 6 weight, probably an 8 weight. I am going to bring my 8, but don't know if I will try for coho or not.

I will probably arrive fri am. If anyone is coming Thurs, I might head up then.

Jon, Where are these coho headed? Do the chum stage inside the spit in the area that will be open Sat? Inquiring minds want to know Confused

Robbi
DaydreamC-26

City/Region: S.E.PA
State or Province: PA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the invite Jon.

Hope the "Sunny" Sequim forcast holds up.

Gene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: