The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Seattle Boat Show - Sat. 2/1/2014 - Pot luck Inn@TheMarket
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Seattle Boat Show - Sat. 2/1/2014 - Pot luck Inn@TheMarket Reply with quote

Peter has agreed to get us a room at the Inn at the Market for a Saturday pot luck. I'd like to get numbers of how many would like to attend that. The Inn at the Market is located between Stewart and Pine on the W side of 1st Ave. It's 1.3 from the Silver Cloud so it's a bit far for most to walk (especially in inclement weather). However, again I could either rent a van or for this trip, those staying at the Silver Cloud Inn could take taxis to get there. Parking in the area of the Inn at the Market is mostly commercial garages but is generally available. Again we'll probably go from around 5 or 6PM to around 9PM but I'll firm up the times with Peter Jamero. For now I need an idea of who plans to attend. So if you plan to go reply to this thread with a count of how many you will bring.
C-Change

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger:

I'll be attending the potluck solo. Stacy is traveling so won't be able to attend. I don't need a ride

Jan
C-Change
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan and I are in and I can ferry people between the two spots in my car. I don't mind at all. So lets get a head count.
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be coming to the show via Amtrack with the Frazy's. Count us in for the potluck and we will take Tom up on the transportation.

Thanks,

Don
rogerbum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bump to keep this near the top.
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Potluck Reply with quote

Tanya and I are interested in attending.

Thanks for the location Peter and organizing things Roger and Tom.

Since we will be coming over to Seattle Friday evening after work on foot (taking the ferry across from Bainbridge Island) and then walking to the hotel, doing a potluck for the SBS seems to offer a bit more challenge then usual in deciding what food dish we can bring due to the following issues:

- Obviously, no boat to cook on at the SBS (unless we can use one of the boats at the show!).
- No in-room 'kitchen' at the Silver cloud... rooms do have a microwave if I recall but otherwise, no other 'kitchen' facilities.
- Not aware of any supermarkets in the downtown quadrant to pick-up prepared dishes.

I am sure we will be able to find something we can bring but it will be more challenging then usual.

If anybody is aware of places in the area of the Silver Cloud hotel or on the way to the Inn at the Market which would have suitable prepared dishes please let us know your thoughts.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Take care,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah (not coming to SBS) on C-Renity
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in joining as well, but am in the same "boat" as Dan. Will be staying at Silver Cloud but have no idea what to organise for the pot luck.
rob bauerle

City/Region: spokane
Vessel Name: Robbie's Refuge
Photos: Robbie’s Refuge
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks roger I will attend the pot luck
rogerbum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this pot luck will be more of a place for us to share some drinks an light appetizers than the traditional pot luck of a typical CBGT. For those who are from out of town, I wouldn't worry too much about what to bring. However, the Pike Place market is quite close to the Inn so if one left a little early you could hit De Laurenti's or any of a number of places within the market to pick up some bread, meet and cheese or similar items. I'll make sure there's a few bottles of wine there, some paper goods and some plastic cups and a meat and cheese platter of some sort.
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being extremely familiar w/ the various businesses at Pike's Market, I specifically checked De Laurenti's website to see where they are in the market, hours, etc. The website shows it as being open until 1800 on Saturday evening and sounds like quite a variety of offerings so likely a good choice indeed.

Pike's Market's large varieties of different offerings (assuming most other establishments are also open till 1800 or so) including bakeries, fruit stands, and as well as De Laurenti's are indeed a great idea Roger.

Thanks again for the suggestion sir.

Take care,
Dan & Tanya on C-Renity
Jazzmanic

Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerbum wrote:
I think this pot luck will be more of a place for us to share some drinks an light appetizers than the traditional pot luck of a typical CBGT. For those who are from out of town, I wouldn't worry too much about what to bring. However, the Pike Place market is quite close to the Inn so if one left a little early you could hit De Laurenti's or any of a number of places within the market to pick up some bread, meet and cheese or similar items. I'll make sure there's a few bottles of wine there, some paper goods and some plastic cups and a meat and cheese platter of some sort.

I agree Roger. It would be more of a place for the brats to convene. I'll provide some snacks as well.

If people want to visit the Market, they could always leaver earlier, I'd say by 3:00 to have time to take in the sights and do it in daylight. The best way would be to take the light rail which is only a couple of blocks away on 6th Ave S and get off in the middle of downtown at Westlake (end of the line). We (and the Market) are only 3 blocks from the light rail station. Very convenient.

And for you out-of-towners, we in Seattle call everything "the" whatever, i.e. the Market, the Mountain, the waterfront, the lake. You get my drift. Wink

In any case it should be great fun. And if anyone is interested in getting a room in one of the best hotels in Seattle, PM me.

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
Mike_J

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this!
Jazzmanic

Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the hotel by 5:00pm. The hotel conference room set-up has been arranged. It will be held in the "Courtyard Room" on the third floor. If you are driving separately, you'll need to find your own parking. There is a parking lot Kitty Corner to the hotel on 1st and Stewart. It is a pay lot, however kind of expensive.

PLEASE BEWARE! There are certain characters who try to "advise" parking customers on how the pay machine works and then expect a "donation" for their efforts. Keep in mind that the parking fee is all done at the credit card machine and no money should ever exchange hands with ANY individuals.

There may also be street parking on 1st Avenue or the side streets, Pine, Stewart and Pike Place. Bear in mind that a parking fee is payable until 8:00pm.

I hope this doesn't scare folks off. The area is safe and the hotel is FABULOUS. You can enter the hotel through the courtyard between 1st Avenue and Pike Place off of Pine or Stewart.

I was thinking, if you need a microwave to heat items up, I can arrange that.

Otherwise see you all around 5:30 or so.

Peter
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Peter. And to remind people, I will be more then happy to shuttle people from the hotel/boat show to the pot luck. But no sea hawk jerseys in the car. Laughing
Mike_J

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be happy to share some images and video of our summer "mini mothershipping" CD22/kayak trip to Kyuquot Sound and the Broughtons at the pot luck..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: