The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Seattle Boat Show - Friday 1/31/2014 - BREWERY dinner/talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breausaw

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Triple J
Photos: Triple J
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerbum wrote:
breausaw wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but who is Sam Landsman and where is this Brewery. I may or may not make it down for the show but if I do would be fun to meet some of you.

Jay - Sam Landsman is a C-Brat who went from Seattle to Alaska last year in his 22 and then this year circumnavigated Vancouver Island in his 22. See http://www.samlandsman.com/ for more details or this thread and this thread on the C-Brats for more info.

The brewery is Snoqaulmie Falls Brewery and Taproom. The brewery was started by Pat Anderson(Daydream), David McKibben (Anna Leigh). It's located at 8032 Falls Ave SE
Snoqualmie, WA 98065 and is about 28.5 miles east of the boat show.

Sounds like a gathering not to be missed. Is there a particular hotel everyone is staying at by the boat show?

2007 22ft C-Dory Triple J 2007-2012
2007 25ft C-Dory Triple J 2012-2018
Boatless for now but looking
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breausaw wrote:
rogerbum wrote:
breausaw wrote:
Pardon my ignorance but who is Sam Landsman and where is this Brewery. I may or may not make it down for the show but if I do would be fun to meet some of you.

Jay - Sam Landsman is a C-Brat who went from Seattle to Alaska last year in his 22 and then this year circumnavigated Vancouver Island in his 22. See http://www.samlandsman.com/ for more details or this thread and this thread on the C-Brats for more info.

The brewery is Snoqaulmie Falls Brewery and Taproom. The brewery was started by Pat Anderson(Daydream), David McKibben (Anna Leigh). It's located at 8032 Falls Ave SE
Snoqualmie, WA 98065 and is about 28.5 miles east of the boat show.

Sounds like a gathering not to be missed. Is there a particular hotel everyone is staying at by the boat show?

Jay - yes, most are staying in the Silver Cloud Inn at the stadium. It's adjacent to the boat show and is a pretty nice place to stay. It's easy to get to by light rail from the airport.

rogerbum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the Google Doc with every name I found in this thread who said they were coming. ALL - please check and make sure I didn't miss you and if I don't have your name (but rather have your C-Brat user name) please make the changes or let me know. See this link to check.

At present, it looks like we'll have about 36 attending with 14 in need of a ride. So it looks like I'll be renting a 15 passenger van and it looks like I'll need Tom with his commercial license to drive. It also looks like we'll need to put 1 person (or more if more sign up) in another vehicle (or two) to get the entire crowd up there.
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we will be at the tap room. Put us down for two. Thanks.
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,

Appreciate you putting together the transportation. Please count Amy and I for the Friday dinner and yes, we need a ride there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!

John
rogerbum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All - I'm working on getting a 15 passenger van rented to take people to the brewery. Tom Elliot with his commercial driver's license has agreed to drive. I'm guessing the total cost will be similar to what I paid last year which if I recall was around $200-ish +/-$20. Since Tom will be driving and Susan will be riding with him, the van will have space for 13. Others will ride in someone else's vehicle. I think I have about 6 additional spots for rides in other people's vehicles (including 2 in mine). On the assumption that those who are offering rides in their personal vehicles would be going anyway and don't need cash for gas, I ask that all who need a ride chip in evenly to support the cost of the van. This would not include Tom and Susan as we need Tom to drive in order to be legal with a large passenger van (a rental company insurance requirement). The cost will probably be around $12-15/head for the van but the laughs and companionship on the way to and from is priceless.
rogerbum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15 passenger van is confirmed, the total rental fee including taxes and fees is $164.70 but that doesn't include any insurance. My guess is that we'll tack on some insurance for both mine and Tom's peace of mind and that the final total will be right around $200 or around $12-13/head for the 15-16+ that will need a ride.
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for organizing Roger. I can't commit to the van as yet, since I will not get to the Tsawassen ferry terminal until around 2:45 and it takes 2.5 hours to get to Seattle if the border is quick...

What time are we starting at the Tap room?

rogerbum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike_J wrote:
Thanks for organizing Roger. I can't commit to the van as yet, since I will not get to the Tsawassen ferry terminal until around 2:45 and it takes 2.5 hours to get to Seattle if the border is quick...

What time are we starting at the Tap room?

See the first post in this thread - around 5PM.

Roger
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS! Thanks! Smile
riversun45

City/Region: United States
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Gypsy river
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for one AND I need a ride.
timflan

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish +1
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for two on Friday night. A bit tentative right now, but looking good. It would be me and a non-C-Dory-owning buddy. No ride needed.
True Story

City/Region: Snoqualmie
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: True Story
Photos: True Story
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work Release and True Story (party of four) for dinner please. No transportation required. Thanks.
rogerbum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the Google doc to include new names from this thread and to remove a couple who indicated to me via PM that they were not coming to the brewery. At present, we have 41 planning to attend and 15 in need of a ride (13 in the van with Tom and Susan and 2 in another vehicle). If you think you are going to this and are signed up, please check the google doc to make sure your name is present. I will be confirming a head count with the manager at the brewery sometime prior to the event (I'm guessing about 1 week) and she'll use our count to order/prepare the appropriate amount of food for dinner. Dinner will cost $15 payable at the brewery (cash or card is OK). The cost of dinner doesn't include drinks. The food was quite good last year and included a pasta dish or two, a salad, some appetizers and if I recall some BBQ for sandwiches but I'm just going off of my memory. I'll ask Stacy at the brewery what she has planned.

Andy and Marla Ryan have indicated that they can take 4-5 people and I can take 2-3 in addition to my wife and I. So assuming I can count on Andy and assuming that we don't get too many more sign ups, I think I've got the transportation covered.

Tom and I will drive to the rental agency to get the van around 3PM on Friday. The plan is that Tom (with the Van), myself (in a black VW Jetta) and Andy (in ?? Andy??) will meet the C-brats who need a ride at 4:15PM on Occidental Ave S. just N and W of the N end of the exhibit center. We'll depart promptly at 4:20PM with an intended arrival the brewery around 5:15. I've put the van rental on my credit card and I'll let the group know the exact per-person contribution for transportation when we get there (about $12-13/head for all who need a ride). I'll have a box or bucket in the van for people to put their cash in and those in a car can pass the cash to me or Andy. As I stated above, it seems most fair to me to just take the total cost of the van, divide it by all who need a ride and collect that from all who need a ride. That assumes that those driving their own vehicle were going anyway and don't expect anything for driving a few brats there. That works for me and unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume it works for others. I anticipate we'll leave the brewery sometime between 8:30 and 9:00 for an arrival back at the hotel/stadium between 9:15 and 10PM.
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

Put me down for 1. I will get myself there. I was procrastinating waiting to see if I would be in town.

Dwight Etheridge

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: