The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New C-Dory Owner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DC45

City/Region: Eagle River, Alaska
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: New C-Dory Owner Reply with quote

Greetings All

I am the proud new owner of a 19' Green/White C-Dory named the "Quiet-N-Shy" out of Eagle River Alaska.

(the name came from a Jimmy Buffet song "The Whino and I Know"..... I'm just trying to get by, being quiet-n-shy in a world full of pushing and shoving !!...and because this Honda 90hp engine is nice and quiet)

Being a boat owner (of 2 different Boston Whalers) for the last 20yrs, it didnt take long to decide on this C-Dory. I have only been out two times now and so far I love the boat. I can't wait to catch my first fish in her.

Every C-Dory owner I have run across so far has come up and talked to me, it seems like owners of these boats are tight-knit

I am also willing to meet to others and following them out so I can learn more about the fishing grounds around here. Last weekend I followed the "Beer Thirty" down the highway a bit and was hoping to talk to him, but he turned off in Whittier and I kept going to Seward.

If anyone is willing to give out any Halibut fishing spots near Seward or Whittier that would be awesome.

Thank you for this site, I enjoy reading others stories and seeing the photos. I hope to post some pics of boat soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Redƒox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY Smile Welcome Wink You know my other "boat sister" lives there in ER Mr. Green I been tryin' to get them into a C-D for the longest time Neutral They love old RedFox, but older V-bottom boats seem ta be all they are willing to dish-out (afford) Mad Laughing Most C-D peep seem to know what they have and know a C-D regardless of age will bring good $ Mr. Green when selling them. Xmas Tongue
Glad ya found one, and once again, welcome... just don't ask me where the fish are Disgust Laughing Go out and troll-travel, you'll findem! Smile
Waterball

City/Region: Seward, Alaska
C-Dory Year: 1981
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Waterball
Photos: Waterball
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your coming down towards Seward I'd be more than willing to share what knowledge I have of the area. I'm planning to head out this Sat 6/25 for a fishing trip. PM me or email me.
Shaun

DC45

City/Region: Eagle River, Alaska
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Waterball !!!
on 6/25 I will be going to Whittier, I have caught Halibut on the back-side of Naked Island before... looks like the weather will be good so I am going to try there. I will try to look you up in Seward sometime for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: