The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Snohomish River Delta Day Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

Pat, I know that there are some photos, come on we are all waiting.
JoeP

City/Region: Kirkland
Vessel Name: Lizzie
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Wow That Was Fun Reply with quote

Laughing Surprised Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Hey, thanks for setting that up. We had a great adventure on Miss Mirth. It feels like we went on a vacation! Now we know another great place to launch too.

Thanks again. We're looking forward to Lake Washington in December.
Redƒox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: winter Reply with quote

It's good to see I'm not the only "winter boater" Keep up the C-Dorying folks Love
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I forgot the camera - put it on to charge, and left without it. BUT, I know that Leo took some fine pictures, and Patty's sister should have a few good shots of the C-Pod at Snohomish, she was waiting for us on the shore there, and we posed a bit for her...We shall see.
Leo Smith

City/Region: West Seattle
Photos: Leo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo C-Brats,
For all of you who missed the cruise, I would like to share a few details and highlights. We had a grand total of six boats on this adventure: Miss Mirth (22' Cruiser), Chivita (22' Cruiser), Daydream (22' Cruiser), Bambina (16' Angler), C-Shift (16' Cruiser), and yours truly (Toland 18-Cool.
We left the ramp shortly after 11:00 am and cruised up the Snohomish River, single file, following Dave in C-Shift. Unusual for November around here, the sun was out and the water was flat! We stayed in constant communication with our vhf radios as Dave guided us upriver to the town of Snohomish. By 1:00 pm we were as far upriver as seemed prudent (just past the boat ramp and railroad bridge) in downtown Snohomish, so we made a 180 and headed back down the river. At the mouth of Steamboat Slough, yours truly took over as tour guide and led the group past an interesting collection of vessels moored at some funky marinas in the slough. We crossed over into Ebey Slough, then circled around Otter Island, back into Steamboat Slough. By 3:00 pm, we cruised under the I-5 bridges and were headed west into Possesion Sound. Up ahead we saw a daunting sight. Three draw bridges were ahead of us with what appeared to be "iffy" vertical clearance. The sign posted on the first bridge stated that a minimum of 4 hours advanced notice was required to open the bridges. We lowered our vhf antennas and slowly passed under the bridges with a foot or so of headroom to spare. With the last of the bridges behind us, we opened ou our mighty Hondas and buzzed out to possesion sound. It was a little unerving to be at least a mile beyond Jetty Island and still see 9 feet on the depth finder. Finally reaching deep water and gathering at the entrance buoys to Port Gardner, we resumed our C-Dory single-file formation and returned to the ramp at 4:10 pm. By 4:45 it was getting dark, and by this time, everyone had their boats back on their trailers and were getting ready to head home. I have covered the highlights of our adventure and I hope that the rest of the gang will share favorite details of this most excellent day cruise.
See you on the water, Leo.

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a delightful day! Even though I've explored some of this area before, we cruised areas that I had not been in. We saw a bald eagle as we passed by Everett on the way up to the town of Snohomish. Then as we reached the confluence of Steamboat Slough and Ebey Slough there were two bald eagles perched in the top of a tree. Although, we were concerned about dead heads after the recent flooding we all managed to complete the cruise without any bent props or damaged vessels. (We did see one pumpkin in the flotsam from the recent floods). This was the first time I'd been able to cruise with "Miss Mirth" and "Chivita", and it was great to have them join the group. The only sad thing about a day cruise like this was that we never really got a chance to sit around and talk to get better acquainted! We did discuss doing another similar cruise so we can "cover" some of the areas that we missed on this one. We attempted to get together with Roger of "Sensei" but we kept missing each other as he was busy working hauling potatoes from a nearby farm. Thanks to all of you for making this such a super day! Leo, you picked a perfect weather day for the cruise! Thanks for setting the date and getting this going.
Chivita

City/Region: Hansville
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Chivita
Photos: Chivita
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea whatsoever how to post all the photo's I took of the Snohomish gathering to this new web site, so I posted them to Chivita's photo album on the old site. Anyone who knows how to bring them over to this one is welcome to do so. Sure glad we were able to make it to this get together, the day could not have been better Leo! Thanks to all for the perfect cruise.
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great cruise and a wonderful day. Thanks so verymuch to Dave and Leo for all they did to make the First Annual Snohomish Day Cruise (FASDC) such a hit. Thumbs Up

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chivita wrote:
I have no idea whatsoever how to post all the photo's I took of the Snohomish gathering to this new web site, so I posted them to Chivita's photo album on the old site. Anyone who knows how to bring them over to this one is welcome to do so.

Sorry twice, Chivita ol' pal - once for not having the album ready in advance, and once more for not moving your new photos over from MSN. I'm done moving owner album photos - it will just get too unwieldy if I try to keep them in sync with here. That being said, here's how you can upload them here:

- Click here to go to the new " Snohomish River Delta Day Cruise" photo album.

- Click the "add photos" link, and follow the instructions. Anyone who is signed in here can add photos to this album.

Any problems, let me know.

Thanks!

Bill

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chivita Dave and all you other Snohomish folks -

That's just too cool. Sounds to me like you all enjoyed yourselves just a little much for this late in the year! Thanks for the stories, and for going out and making them.

I went ahead and copied Chivita's pictures over to the new album. I even pasted the captions and descriptions with them. You might want to check them out to make sure they are all in order. Thanks for those, and we'll be watching for more.

So, just how close was the bottom of that bridge?

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, it was pretty close to shaving off the tops of our toupees. Maybe three feet above the top of a 22. But Miss Mirth found the answer. They chose a slightly higher bridge just north of the short ones.
Leo, that was a fun and different cruise. Thanks for suggesting it, and promoting it once more. And after that final mile of river running, I'll never doubt you on anything ever again.
DaveS., pretty classy of you to provide maps to all participants, and lead rookies like me to Snohomish. Jeez, I want to do that cruise again tomorrow. By the way, look at today's weather. We snuck in there nicely.
Our group has developed to the point where now we get a slightly different batch of Brats at these gigs, giving us the opportunity to make even more friends. John, Marty and Dotty on Miss Mirth, and Chivita Dave and family, I was very happy you made the trip. You folks are a delightful addition. And Pat and Patti, I worried about you poor dears, wondering if you were warm enough.
Thanks for the fun, all.
Cat
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About that railroad bridge--I watched 4 boats with nothing on the cabin roof just clear it. Our radar was a foot and a half above the top. We demurred. Embarassed
For this Jersey boy it was nice to learn some local lure--like the fact that Snohomish is a Native-American word meaning "antique".
Seriously thiough-the first cruise of the new C-Dory boating season will be hard to beat. Star Star Star Star
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marty,
I just thought I ought to share with you what I was considering for "plan B" if "Miss Mirth" and her radar were unable to fit under the bridges..............are you ready for this?...........I figured we could have one person tend to all of the other boats and the rest of us would climb on board "Miss Mirth" and help lower her into the water enough to make clearance.
An additional benefit of doing this would be that Brock and I could have gotten warmed up in your Wallas heated cabin. Wink
Dave S.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, all you have to do to get the Miss Mirth under a bridge is run full throttle toward it, then shut it down at the last second. She'll squat right down and shoot underneath. The only tricky part is figuring out when the last second is.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I admit, it was touch and go in there with the Wallas - had to keep going out on the cockpit to cool down, even with it set down to about 1! Actually, it was a toasty 70 degrees in the cabin, and we were well supplied with not only coffee but club soda, crackers and cheese, Chex mix, homemade sausage and dried strawberries, so we basically munched our way along the Snohomish and Steamboat Slough! Tough duty!

I second or third everybody's assessment. This was one FUN trip, and I want Leo picking the dates for ALL our gigs from October through March...the contrast in the weather between Sunday and Monday (and between Saturday, which was very windy, and Sunday) was not lost on me. I also agree this has to become and annual event, if not more frequent. Now excuse me, I have to go check the pix - still waiting for Barb's pix of us posing at Snohomish...

Catman wrote:
And Pat and Patti, I worried about you poor dears, wondering if you were warm enough.
Thanks for the fun, all.
Cat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: