The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/16 - 05/18 - Friday Harbor 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Barry and Patti for another great gathering. The Natural C-lection Jacksons made it home safely after a nice visit to Jones and Stuart Islands.
C-Change

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry, I think you have that weather dance down Smile. Thanks to you and Patti for another great gathering. Great to see everyone and looking forward to next year.

Looks like I beat Harvey out this morning by 20 mins and had a great smooth crossing and was back in Shilshole by 9:10am. The Strait was smooth as was Admiralty Inlet. I don't think I could have towed the boat home any faster Smile

Jan
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Change wrote:
Barry, I think you have that weather dance down Smile. Thanks to you and Patti for another great gathering. Great to see everyone and looking forward to next year.

Looks like I beat Harvey out this morning by 20 mins and had a great smooth crossing and was back in Shilshole by 9:10am. The Strait was smooth as was Admiralty Inlet. I don't think I could have towed the boat home any faster Smile

Jan

I did notice an empty slot on my way out. Glad you had as nice a ride as I did. The early morning runs are where it's at, if you want a no wind ride, huh? Did you go out Cattle Pass too? I was thinking I would be the only one doing that today.

Barry, the weather dance worked, so I hope you have it down for next year too, cause I'm taking some extra time then. You and Patti get High fives for doing a really great job on putting this one together. Thank you so much.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Larry Q

City/Region: Rochester, Wa
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-ya
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Barry and Patti,
Cathy and I had a great time and a smooth trip home. We had the boat washed and put away by 3pm leaving plenty of time to unwind and catch a nap.
Thanks to all for a great weekend.
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

41 boats, 3 brat families came boatless, good weather, good dinner Friday, terrific potluck food and fun, the factory says they are building so many boats they are planning to move to a larger facility and will get involved in Bellingham gatherings, 4 Christenings, Coast Guard vessel safety checks, West marine gave coffee, donuts and discounts, Jody's great helicopter drone photos, and...good news, several brats stepped forward to host more gatherings up here in the PNW look for information later this year and next. There was a mini-gathering at Jones Sunday evening. On to Pender Harbour! Patti and I had great fun helping you guys have fun!
redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed it for the 2nd year. This time was frustrating because I had spent some heavy hours leading up to the gathering in hopes of showing a nice boat.

My only consolation was that we did end up fishing both days locally (Saturday and Sunday) and had some incredible fish and chips.

Hope to see more photos.
Jazzmanic

Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Barry and Patti for hosting another incredible FH CBGT! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. We even spent a few hours at the mini gathering at Jones Island which was lots of fun.

We decided to take the inside route home to Edmonds by way of Harney Channel-Thatcher Pass-Rosario Strait. The water was fantastic, until we hit Saratoga Passage where we hit 1-2' chop and beam seas. But it got much worse when we hit Puget Sound between Clinton and Mukilteo. I chose to try to cross over to the lee (east) side to minimize the wind but we were getting hit by 2-3 footers and sometimes more which really slowed us down. No worries, C-Dancer ran like a champ and we finally made it back to Edmonds safe and sound.

Now if only that bad 4-letter word (w-o-r-k) doesn't get in the way, we'll hopefully make the Pender Harbour gathering.

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
C-Change

C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
C-Change wrote:

Jan

I did notice an empty slot on my way out. Glad you had as nice a ride as I did. The early morning runs are where it's at, if you want a no wind ride, huh? Did you go out Cattle Pass too? I was thinking I would be the only one doing that today.

Barry, the weather dance worked, so I hope you have it down for next year too, cause I'm taking some extra time then. You and Patti get High fives for doing a really great job on putting this one together. Thank you so much.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Harvey: I did go out through Cattle Pass and was able to run 20+ all the way home. We generally cross early if the Strait is involved and "knock on wood" we have not had any problems so far. Glad you made it back ok as well. Hope to do it again soon Laughing
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barry, Patti and everyone!!!!

Amy and I had a nice relaxing time!

Teddi the chocolate labradoodel says thank you for the chunks of ham...it was worth showing a few tricks to taste those treats she said!!!!

JohnF
JuliaR

Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great weekend! I love the Friday Harbor gathering--very nice to see everyone! Tristan really enjoyed the boat and wandering the docks. Next time, he'll have a net & bucket like the big kids.

Thanks to Susan for hosting the Little Guy during breakfast Sunday--I got to enjoy my cup of coffee without fear it being tipped over.

Hope to make it to Victoria. And tell people with 10 and 14 year olds to buy a C-Dory--my girls want kids to hang out with.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't make the gathering (so close), but we did wave at Salty today as they were heading out of Anacortes... they didn't wave back... probably didn't notice the red truck without a boat behind it. Wink

Fun to hear about the good times y'all had. Sorry we couldn't make it, but Wild Blue is in the middle of getting "freshened up" for the season...

Soon. Very soon.

Best wishes,
Jim

Lizarry

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Anytime Baby
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry , Patti. Had a great time , met some great people. Well done event. I got the C-Brats banner off of the bridge before we left... will take it to Pender Harbor gathering , as long as that is cool . Liz and I took a side trip sunday out to Jones Island , rafted up with the folks out there... Nomad was having some engine troubles hope that Martin and Andrea make it home safe and sound. Lookin' forward to the next get together. thanx again. Larry and Liz
Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Barry and Patti....it just keeps getting better and better. We both enjoyed the weekend and Salty made it safely home to Cornonet Bay with NO trailer mishaps! Thanks so much for hosting and doing a fantastic weather dance! Not one raindrop on us this year! We took a long cruise back to Cap Sante on Sunday meandering through Thatcher Pass with a long lunch break at James island to let "the herd", Annie, Tess and Charlie stretch their legs after being SO good on the boat through the weeknd. Today we did the run from Cap Sante to Deception Pass to see it from the water instead of the roadway before hauling her back to dry storage. Jim and Joan...so sorry we missed seeing you, both at the gathering and the highway wave. Just wasn't paying attention. We head back to Montana tomorrow and plan to return late September to hopefully catch up with Pat & Kim from Kim Christine for some fall cruising and maybe learn how to fish. WE really enjoyed everything and if we didn't get meet you personally....there's always next year!

Lovin' Our C Dory!
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We enjoyed the "dock party" and I have posted a brief blog posting about the trip on Natural C-lections blog:
http://naturalc-lection.blogspot.ca/2014/05/may-16-18-friday-harbor-29.html
Cheers
Mike
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to the above posts and comments. Great time as usual. So good to see Caryn looking so tan and rested! Glad Larry Q is on the mend too.

Good to see Dreamer (Anytime Baby) is in capable hands. I suppose it was inevitable that it would get fish guts on it sometime! Wink

Thanks Barry & Patti, great job!
Thumbs Up

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: