kennharriet

City/Region: Grangeville
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lochsa
Photos: Lochsa
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George and Jay, what chain and rode did you find for best performance for the H700? Also, what was your source for the UHD plastic?

Great info everyone. Much appreciated. I am about ready to lay into it with the hole saw. ken
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, I actually used HDPE plastic that I bought on line. I don't have that web address now, but here is another that sells it for much less than I payed. http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_cutting_boards/plastic_cutting_boards/385

The chain I selected is Acco 1/4 inch G-4 & the rode Yale 8 brait 1/2 inch both of which are recommended by Lewmar for the H700 & worked out well for me & luckily so, due to both of these being purchased in lengths of 50 foot of chain & 250 feet of rode along with a Manson Supreme 15 pound anchor before I decided to install the Windless too.

At this point my regret is not deciding on the complete combination before making the total purchase, because I now think a 25 pound Manson Surpreme Anchor to be a even better choice than the 15 pound one with the kind of conditions we could encounter in our choice of places to cruise. The reason for selecting the 15 at the time I did was it was about the max, I could handle with 50 feet of chain by hand. Several, including Sam on the Retriever highly recommended that combination, which I still believe to be quite adequate, it's just, I believe my future sleep at anchorage would be better with the 25, when the wind is really whistling & the bottom holding type not the best.

Jay

ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the UHD at a local Plastic shop store. Similar to cutting board plastic. Anything rigid will be good. Aluminum and wood ply are used also. I use a 22 lb Lewmar claw with 45 ft of 1/4 inch Grade 4 Hi Test chain spliced to 220 ft of 1/2 inch New England 3 strand which is one type Lewmar calls for. Good sleeps. Enjoy the project. George
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Anchoring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: