The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Marinaut Finally Home
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noreaster

City/Region: Wallace
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Nor'easter
Photos: Nor'easter
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
AllanPalmerson

City/Region: Oakville
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a beautiful boat! Congrats have fun in that thing!
Stan Major

City/Region: DeLand
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: The Pegstan
Photos: The Pegstan
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous boat. I do like the solid colored body. How long did the build take?
Larry Patrick

City/Region: Dallas
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Sea -Jo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats,very nice.
potter water

City/Region: Logan
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: R-21 Tug
Vessel Name: Poopsy
Photos: Still C-razy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice new boat. Nothing more fun than getting a brand new or used brand new boat out on the water. I've not been on or in a marinaut. They aren't my cup o tea because of the odd, (to me), cabin/hull proportions and that strange round window. But I'm told they are wonderful sea keepers, and that should over-ride aesthetics every time. The most important thing with any boat is get it wet and keep it wet and enjoy every minute on the water.

Never let ignorance interfere with an opportunity to state a knowledgeable opinion

Testosterone Tales-Amazon.com

2006 C-Dory 22 Cruiser 2008-2014
1997 Ranger Tug 21 Classic 2016

KG7RC
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

potter water wrote:
I've not been on or in a marinaut. They aren't my cup o tea because of the odd, (to me), cabin/hull proportions and that strange round window.

Haven't seen a Marinaut 215 or C-Dory 22 in person myself. I wonder how do the "cabin/hull proportions" differ between the two?
potter water

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of pix of the two. Just go to the albums that are highlighted in blue in the left hand column of the poster. An individual preference for proportion between hull length and height and cabin length and height is just that, preference. There is no right or wrong answer, just preference.
Granath

City/Region: Vancouver
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Solis Ortus
Photos: Solis Ortus
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again everyone for the comments. Our boat took seven months from the time I wrote the deposit check to picking her up. At the time I ordered the boat, Les was finishing up one boat and there was one or two in front of us. We have been enjoying the boat this winter, mainly just on the Columbia River. Sure nice to have heat!!!
C-Nile

City/Region: Connecticut
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Betty Ann
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potter water wrote:
Lots of pix of the two. Just go to the albums that are highlighted in blue in the left hand column of the poster. An individual preference for proportion between hull length and height and cabin length and height is just that, preference. There is no right or wrong answer, just preference.

I agree with you that personal preference is key to just about any aesthetic decision we make in life, but to characterize the Marinaut as having "odd" proportions is way off base, in my opinion, and does not reflect the flattering opinions we receive from others wherever we go with her. It bewilders me that you could make such a judgement without having been on one. I have been in a CD 22 and Cape Cruiser 23, as well as owning our Marinaut, and their proportions are all very similar. The Marinaut's walls go straight up and do not slant in like the 22, so it "feels" like there is more space in her. These people also love that round window as we do. For those of you who want to see what a Marinaut interior looks like, I have ample photos in my folders and sub-folders. As for all three boats I mentioned, they are all equally beautiful boats, and not one of them is odd.

Rich

C-Nile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me put my previous comment a better way. I'm sure there are those who don't think Cindy Crawford is beautiful, because of her beauty mark. These people are entitled to their opinion, even though they are in a very small subset of our population, but if they do express that opinion in a public forum, they should not be surprised to receive negative feedback. The beauty mark on Cindy Crawford's face is analogous to the round window on our beautiful Marinaut.

Rich
potter water

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well, I've been chastised, I'll get on board with everyone else, the Marinaut is the loveliest most perfectly proportioned boat I've ever seen, and I should have bought one of them instead of my Dory and I think I'll go cut a round window in my boat just so's not to be misunderstood again.

It is strange that though I went on about personal preferences ruling and expressing and understanding the joy of the new owner and commenting on what I understand is the superior sea keeping of the Marinaut that I didn't realize that to express a personal preference on proportion and appearance was taboo.

From now on, to me, all other boats are just as lovely as all other boats. Next time I buy one, I'll just put 20 boats on a dart board and let fly and take which ever one is on the pix.

Sorry for the rant. It's the cancer drugs that make me grumpy.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I only asked because, having already looked at many pics, I couldn't see any major differences in cabin and cockpit dimensions. My eyes aren't so good. Smile Smile
potter water

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my view, I need to like looking at the things that I buy. Its all about the robustness and aesthetics of design and aesthetics are always in the eye of the beholder. Its all very subjective to personal likes when you are comparing a C-Dory to a Marinaut or any other boat in that class.

In my personal view of boat aesthetics, the C-Dory is the winner of all boats in that class. No contest. Others will view it differently. Now, if I'm going to get really comfortable for the great loop, I'll be looking at a Ranger tug or something of that type. Probably not C-cory, even a 25 or Tomcat. Ranger tug has just the right look for its class of boat...to my eye.

In any case, I'm sure the new Marinaut owner is going to have a ball. Nothing more fun than that new boat smell and feel; I guess anyway, cuz I've never been able to afford the new boat smell myself.
C-Nile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potter water wrote:
Okay, well, I've been chastised, I'll get on board with everyone else, the Marinaut is the loveliest most perfectly proportioned boat I've ever seen, and I should have bought one of them instead of my Dory and I think I'll go cut a round window in my boat just so's not to be misunderstood again.

It is strange that though I went on about personal preferences ruling and expressing and understanding the joy of the new owner and commenting on what I understand is the superior sea keeping of the Marinaut that I didn't realize that to express a personal preference on proportion and appearance was taboo.

From now on, to me, all other boats are just as lovely as all other boats. Next time I buy one, I'll just put 20 boats on a dart board and let fly and take which ever one is on the pix.

Sorry for the rant. It's the cancer drugs that make me grumpy.

If you think the CD 22 is a nicer looking boat, I won't argue with you. When we were in Washington, we saw G-Nome, and she was simply beautiful as she came into Friday Harbor. Aesthetically, I think the way she was outfitted, she had an edge over other boats including our Marinaut. But to call the Marinaut odd gets my hackles up, because by any measure of reasonableness, it is a comment not reflective of the majority. Truth be known, we did not choose the Marinaut exclusively for her looks, because that was secondary. Why else would we put on a different colored kicker? We chose the Marinaut, because of well documented reasons on this web site that I will not rehash. So while we chose her for function, space, efficiency and safety, we are absolutely delighted that she is a beautiful boat that belongs along side her cousins.

On a more somber tone, I'm very sorry to hear you are having health issues and hope you get better soon to enjoy many more years of boating. While we disagree about a few things from time to time, I want you to understand it is not personal. I wish you all the best!

Rich
potter water

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes and enjoy the new boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: