The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Route and places to stacy Carolina Loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carolina Sturgeon

City/Region: Columbia
State or Province: SC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Route and places to stacy Carolina Loop Reply with quote

I know many of you have done the loop and several times and I was wondering what the standard route has been and what marinas have folks stayed at or anchorages along the way. I know it depends on where you put in, but any info would be helpful.

I know the route and have the brochure, but wanted to really know where people stay and what the point to point route is typical.

I was also wanted to know what is the best map guidebook is best for NC and SC as I live in Columbia SC and there is lots of coastline along the states to explore.

Thanks for the help. Thumbs Up
Munchkin

City/Region: Washington
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Munchkin
Photos: Munchkin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Routes and places to stay carolina Loop Reply with quote

We have completed this loop with others twice. We started in Chesapeake Va. from Centreville Waterway Marina. We left trucks and trailers there for a nightly fee. From there we cruised down to the Dismal Swamp visitors center docks for overnight. Then on to Elizabeth City for our second night We used the Pelican Marina for this stop. then on to Coinjock Marina for our last overnight. This is the best stop for food. Try the prime rib. Then back to Chesapeake. This trip can be done in a shorter span of time also with less stops, but when traveling with the group we have been with it is just as much about the socializing, as it is about the cruising. Many others will chime in with more technical route details and information about the locks/bridges along the route.

Erma
Munchkin

nmitch2859

City/Region: virginiabeach
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Delfin
Photos: Delfin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can launch at Centreville Marina. From there will be Battlefield Draw Bridge. Then the Great Bridge Locks. Then smooth sailing to the Great Dismal Swamp Canal Marker. It will be on your port side. There are two locks on the Dismal Swamp. Make sure you have 35 - 40 ft. lines fore the locks. Have plenty of time for the locks. The N.C. welcome center has a nice dock to tie up to. The bath rooms are always open. There is a walkway that crosses the canal at the welcome center. It goes to the trails and museum. Watch out for other boats going north bound. The next lock is at South Mills. There is gas at Centerville and at a Marina in Elisabeth City. We stayed at The Pelican Marina. The have showers and bathrooms. Then on to Coinjock. Showers, fuel and washing machines. The restaurant has very good prime rib. There are two more draw bridges. They monitor channel 13. Hope it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: