The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Friday Harbor 4 hour parking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbor 4 hour parking Reply with quote

FH can be very busy place in summer. I had the marina staff identify short-term parking for me last year (green bubbles). Just find a spot in any of these, and let them know as you walk past their office. No need to get on the VHF and bother them for short layovers. I now keep this diagram on Evernote and reference it from iPhone when entering FH

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
Phil Barnes

City/Region: Colorado /San Juan Islands
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Swan-C
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbor 4 hour parking Reply with quote

Thanks....this is helpful. We were in last year right by where it says "A Dock". We checked in via VHF and were directed there. It was a negative tide and I (wrongfully) assumed there would be water depth in the marina. After we got docked I jumped out to tie up and was looking right at the bottom. Went back to the depth finder and it was registering 3 feet. It was a soft bottom and we were right above it with engines down. Just a heads up to be check carefully on the way in as it gets very shallow, particularly at a negative low tide. A deeper draft boat might have been aground in the marina fairway!

Phil
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, 3 feet, no problem. Read pat and Patty Andersons blog on the Great Loop. They are navigating in 2 feet Shocked and keeping the boat bottom shiny due to some ground effect.

Friday Harbor is a great place and they are definitely friendly and busy. Not only do I check in with the office, but also let them know as I am leaving, so they know the spot is available again.

If you go in between E and F dock, you are right next to the floating rest rooms.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2' still no problem. This past March at the St. John's gathering, a group of us after the main event, did some additional cruising, entering one of the springs with no more than about 18" of water max! Just keep those outboards trimmed up as high as possible, and go slow! Cool Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: