The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/04 - 09/07 - Mississippi River Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I need to back out of this event. School here starts on September 2nd. I drive school bus and while I was really hoping I could sneak out of driving the 3rd and 4th day of the first week of school, the boss said even if he wanted, he couldn't approve of my absence due to school policy. Sure wish more of our C-Dory gatherings could be more in the middle of summer for us working fools. (I'd take my full time airline retirement, but driving school bus is a great retirement job. Just kind of messes up getting away on long trips during the spring and fall! Sad It's just a little too far for a weekend jaunt for me. And we've been doing a lot of other traveling this summer. But I sure would have liked to make this gathering! Colby
texasair

City/Region: Cypress, Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bixby's Cub
Photos: Bixbys Cub
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have arranged for a very well know celebrity to stop by during the gathering for a short visit. Still working on whether it will be Friday or Saturday.
jlsparks

City/Region: Baldwin WI.
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Dutch Treat
Photos: Dutch Treat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: change of plans Reply with quote

Looks like we have wedding during the gathering so were not going to make it this year, bummer. We hope to read all about it when it's over.

Jim & Julie
texasair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although our itinerary is not set in stone and everyone is welcome to do as they please, here is a basic schedule for the gathering.

Wednesday, September 3rd
Some C-Dorys are scheduled to arrive at the Alton Marina.

Thursday, September 4th
Nothing planned for day activities,
Go cruising, swim in the marina pool, enjoy yourself.
6PM ish Those that want to can join the C-Brats for dinner and drinks at nearby Fast Eddies Bonaire

Friday, September 5th
7AM breakfast Coffee, juice and rolls furnished by Ken and Pat on Pelican
Late morning, early afternoon, Boat open house tour, show off your boat and tour other boats.
This is a great time to show what you have done to your boat and get new ideas from the innovative C-Brat community.
Friday afternoon 2PM
Depart the Marina by car to the nearby Mel Price lock and Dam and National Great Rivers museum. It is about a mile and a half away if you need exercise and want to walk. The last lock tour of the day starts at 3PM
Friday, 6PM ish Dockside dining and grilling featuring Brats, dogs and sausages from New York and Texas, Food and utensils furnished, Bring you own beverage.

Saturday, September 6th,
7AM breakfast Coffee, juice and rolls furnished by Ken and Pat on Pelican.
8AM Those that want to will depart in a group downriver to the famous St, Louis Gateway Arch. This cruise will return in mid to late afternoon so if you go, take lunch and beverages with you on your boat.
Saturday evening, no group dinner plans, grill at the pool, eat on your boat, order pizza, whatever works, Poolside party, hot tubbing and socializing.
We have a very well known celebrity that will stop by and visit with us and hang around for a little while for photos early Saturday evening. Due to privacy and security concerns I have pledged to keep this on the hush, But I can assure you that it is not Elvis.

Sunday, thanks for coming, bye bye till next year.
Some are staying in the area longer, some are going home, Some are heading up or down the river for extended cruising.
AndCan

City/Region: Lake St. Louis
State or Province: MO
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,
We are from Lake St. Louis, MO and would like a C Dory 22 cruiser. We are just in the planning stages. Wondered if we could come talk with y'all when you meet in Alton.

The Andersons
texasair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Anderson's

Wanna bees are welcome.

We were all Wanna bees at some time.

We all love to show and talk about our boats and our cruising adventures.

See you there.
Blue Rose

City/Region: Montgomery
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Blue Rose
Photos: Blue Rose
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to a C Brat gathering before you buy a C Dory really helps to decide which options you may want. In 2012, we were newbie's too. We were welcomed to tour all the boats. We spend 2 days talking to owners and asking questions. It was great fun and we left knowing we wanted to be C Brats too!

Just so you know in advance; C Dory fever is catchy. Very are immune. There is no cure and the only treatment is to buy a C Dory Very Happy Hope to see you there!

RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary and I may be arriving at the marina a day or two earlier than we had originally anticipated as our trek West has taken a bit less time than anticipated. We are currently in Carbondale visiting family. If we do arrive early, any suggestions on things we should do or places to go? If you had more time I the area what would you want to do? Being faced with such a dilemma is one of the joys we're finding in retirement Very Happy
Thanks for any thoughts...

Rob
k-p pelican

City/Region: Putnam
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

The Pelican and Bixb's Cub should be in Alton sometime Wednesday, We would be glad to help you kill some time in Alton. There is a lot to do in this town and I'm sure we can find something to keep you busy.
We'll see you Wednesday.

Ken & Pat (Pelican)
texasair

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have never done it, I would suggest a trip to the top of the Gateway arch.
k-p pelican

City/Region: Putnam
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Another thought (a rarity these days) you could drive 15 miles North on hwy. 100 to the town of Grafton, Il. Hwy. 100 is one block from the Alton Marina. This is a spectacular drive with high cliffs on one side and the Mississippi River on the other. When in Grafton, park at the Grafton Marina, one block from hwy. 100 and call Aeries Winery at (618) 786-7477 and they will send a car for you. You will be taken to the top of the bluff to their restaurant. They serve sandwiches and pizza and of course wine. From their front deck you can see the Illinois River, The Mississippi River and if the weather and river cooperate, the Missouri River. The view is great. They will return you to the marina when you are ready at no charge. Of course a nice tip to the driver doesn't hurt.
Hope this helps.

Ken and Pat (Pelican)
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasair wrote:
If you have never done it, I would suggest a trip to the top of the Gateway arch.

Old town St. Charles is charming. It was the original Missouri Capitol, and has some great old buildings. If the St Charles winery is still in business, they had a great all you can eat catfish and chicken dinner in their garden.

RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like some good ideas, especially the ones that mix food and wine. We've also just received a family genealogy assignment. We have old time family buried in the St Louis area in the 1800s so we'll also be visiting a few locations to take some photos. I'm sure we'll get this task done before the gathering begins.
texasair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 boats here already. The welcome C-Brats banner is hung.

The ladies have already been in the hot tub.

One of the boats, a 22 cruiser "Last Dance" from New York is here.

And is for sale. For the wanna bees coming this is one of the nicest 22' cruisers out there and is the much sought out "hightop model".

Terry has not put it on the classified yet. With trailer, super custom full canvas,
including a full set of trailer towing canvas, twin yamaha 40's, full Raymarine electronics including radar, windless and all accessories included. It is a steal at 30k
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all have fun for us! This morning started out driving the school bus in a lot of rain. This afternoon it's forecast to be hot and humid! Look forward to hearing more about this year's gathering. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: